• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA Gunshow

Nicholas A.

I was wondering....with a "regulated" rifle such as an AR or AK or the like...what is Maryland's exact law? I've been trying to understand the wording of it and how I would go about buying one or is the possible?

Norton

You need to have it shipped to a MD-based FFL if it is one of the enumerated regulated long guns.

Nicholas A.

Was wondering then if it MUST be shipped to a FFL in MD, is it worth it to even buy an AR or AK in VA?

Norton

Was wondering then if it MUST be shipped to a FFL in MD, is it worth it to even buy an AR or AK in VA?

Depends on price and availability in this market, which is changing daily.

There are still a few available at MD dealers right now, so the shipping and transfer fees become an issue.

Frankly, the other problem is finding a VA dealer willing to go through the trouble of dealing with an out of state resident when they know they can sell it for less trouble to an in-state resident.

Nicholas A.

That is very true, just hate that I missed the MD gun show to get good prices on things in state