Thread: what is with the spammers recently???

Angry what is with the spammers recently???

I think the same spam has shown up under 3 or 4 different screen names in the past week.
    Same list of phones, pretty much the same titles, same company info.
    I'd think that the return on making multiple accounts would be much less than the return from posting their spam (which is likely exactly zero).

BTW: Do not reply to their threads. It only encourages them.
    Open the post, use the little triangle to report it, click on their screen name to find & report their other posts, then leave them alone.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 12-25-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    I think the same spam has shown up under 3 or 4 different screen names in the past week.
    Same list of phones, pretty much the same titles, same company info.
    I'd think that the return on making multiple accounts would be much less than the return from posting their spam (which is likely exactly zero).

BTW: Do not reply to their threads. It only encourages them.
    Open the post, use the little triangle to report it, click on their screen name to find & report their other posts, then leave them alone.
    Thanks MKEgal - good advice.

It is a constant battle to block incoming spam as new and different paths are being developed. Though we try to be proactive through using filters and rooting out proxies, sometimes we end up being reactive for a time.

Paid site membership would provide a strong deterrent, but that is something the owners do not wish to consider. Having the site available free, including free registration, does inherently require vigilance. The legitimate user/members are our eyes and ears.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.