• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Petition the Obama Administration to Press charges against David Gregory

eye95

Why would anyone sticky one of these stupid WH petitions???

The whole WH petition site is designed for dupes to start petitions and sign them. I would hope that most of us here are smart enough to see through the subterfuge.

We-the-People

The whole WH petition site is designed for dupes to start petitions and sign them. I would hope that most of us here are smart enough to see through the subterfuge.

Ummmmm you mean like assembling lists of who they need to come looking for? Yeah, I'll pass on that as well.

DreQo

State Researcher
Ummmmm you mean like assembling lists of who they need to come looking for? Yeah, I'll pass on that as well.

Your signature sounds awfully brave, claiming you'd rather hang for practicing your rights, than die following the group. Yet, when approached with the opportunity to stand and be counted, you blatantly refuse on the grounds that you're afraid they might find you.

I like the quote in your signature, and it's good that you seem to relate to it. I would encourage you, and everyone, to practice what you preach. Start standing for your cause and make yourself heard. This is not the time to hide. This is the time to use every legal avenue at our disposal to fight for our rights. That includes peaceably showing our numbers through petition.

We-the-People

Your signature sounds awfully brave, claiming you'd rather hang for practicing your rights, than die following the group. Yet, when approached with the opportunity to stand and be counted, you blatantly refuse on the grounds that you're afraid they might find you.

I like the quote in your signature, and it's good that you seem to relate to it. I would encourage you, and everyone, to practice what you preach. Start standing for your cause and make yourself heard. This is not the time to hide. This is the time to use every legal avenue at our disposal to fight for our rights. That includes peaceably showing our numbers through petition.

I stand for my cause. Just this evening I was open carrying (sterile) and when stopped by police refued to give my name. End of encounter. With few exceptions I open carry EVERYWHERE I go. At school my hip holster is empty (to avoid expulsion) but I refuse to anwer any questions as to whether I am concealed carrying.

There is more than one way to be the sheep dog. One of them is to buy private party weapons (it's legal here), pay cash for ammo, reloading supplies, long term storage food, etc. If they don't know where to come looking, it's a lot harder on them when they decide to pull a post Katrina type gun confiscation. Another is to carry religiously....EVERYWHERE EVERY DAY......and know your rights. Refuse to provide ID, refuse to answer questions.....this evening the police wanted to know "where are you going", my answer "for a walk".

since9

Campaign Veteran

The whole WH petition site is designed for dupes to start petitions and sign them.

Agreed. It's a pressure relief valve, a way to let people blow off steam in an environment where nothing will come of it (unless it makes Obama look good, of course), tricking them into thinking they've accomplished something when all they've done is spend their energy down a black hole.

We-the-People

NEWSFLASH Einsteins !!! :banana:

Obama 08, "just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can’t constrain the exercise of that right.

Ummmm excuse me....the second amendment has been incorporated against the states, via the 14th and 9th amendments. So no, the state and local government can not LAWFULLY constrain that right. Nor the first, fourth, fifth, sixth, etc.

We-the-People

Ahhhhhh I missed that it was a quote. I'm used to such things being enclosed in quotation marks with the individual quoted at the end. That's the scholarly way to do it and I'm in college so I'm kind of locked into it. I read what you wrote, apparently incorrectly, as you supporting the bummer and then making that statement.

No harm, no foul, resume play.

twpetry

Calling all lawyers

My legal knowledge is minimal at best, but isn't there some legal precedents that say basically if you ignore a law or allow people to break it it's no longer valid??

Motofixxer

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=893&sid=3189641

Dc declined to charge him

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

So what I see happening is possession is ok if you state it as opinion and an act of protest. It's already been done with nude acts in public too, they weren't allowed to prosecute because it was an act of protest and 1st Amendment right. Well if it's that easy....Who is up for rolling down Pennsylvania avenue in an Abrams with a couple of noob tubes over your shoulder, while shouting I'm protesting LoL :banghead:

We-the-People

My legal knowledge is minimal at best, but isn't there some legal precedents that say basically if you ignore a law or allow people to break it it's no longer valid??

I believe you would have to argue under the "priviledges and immunities" clause of the fourteenth amendment. Basically you would argue (after being arrested and charged) that you were being treated differently from other citizens who did the same things. I can almost guarantee that you'd have to fight all the way, and likely lose all the way up to begging the Supremes to grant certiorari.....they don't have to hear a case unless they want to.

It shouldn't take more than 2 to 4 years and half a million dollars.