Thread: Map of gun permit holders

Map of gun permit holders

Did YOUR information just get published in the Newspaper?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...ermit-holders/

A local New York newspaper is drawing the ire of its readers after publishing an interactive map that shows the names and addresses of thousands of residents who have handgun permits.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20121223/NEWS04/312230056/

I just saw this article on Facebook. Can't wait to see how many of these homes are broken into now by people trying to get easy firearms. I don't see how it's legal to make and publish a map like that. Absolutely insane.

I think they got a little karma back on them

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/1...520.html?ml=la
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." Thomas Jefferson (quoting Cesare Beccaria)

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    I just checked out my sister's address in Westchester County. I'm amazed - not a single registered handgun owner anywhere near her Heritage Hills "old folks" housing neighborhood. Everyone there apparently has drank the kool-aid and is unprotected.

Concealed Carry Map

I HOPE the IDIOTS at the Journal News get the sued out of them by EVERY gun owner who's house gets broken into!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by xd shooter View Post
    Did YOUR information just get published in the Newspaper?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...ermit-holders/

A local New York newspaper is drawing the ire of its readers after publishing an interactive map that shows the names and addresses of thousands of residents who have handgun permits.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20121223/NEWS04/312230056/

[QUOTE=Statkowski;1872299
    I'm amazed - not a single registered handgun owner anywhere near her Heritage Hills "old folks" housing neighborhood.
    [/QUOTE]

As reprehensible as it was publishing such a list, don't be too surprised if a lot of those older folks in the area don't have a rifle or a shotgun or both in the house. Some of those folks have got to be veterans and as such they know how to use firearms, especially when it comes to dealing with idiots engaged in home invasions etc.

tyc

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheGreek View Post
    I just saw this article on Facebook. Can't wait to see how many of these homes are broken into now by people trying to get easy firearms. I don't see how it's legal to make and publish a map like that. Absolutely insane.
    At least 1 so far: http://newyork.newsday.com/news/nati...home-1.4441678
    I stopped stocking for the zombie apocalypse. I now stock for the liberal apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheGreek View Post
    dont blame Facebook, blame the news

im not from westchester but had a list liek that came out for chautauqua county i bet it would be just one big red dot over the whole county. lol

i dont own a handgun , yet, and going to ovbiously delayed since i now have to find one that only will accept 7 rounds...maybe ill get a desert eagle 50 so i have stopping power with few rounds LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by BobDobbs View Post
    im not from westchester but had a list liek that came out for chautauqua county i bet it would be just one big red dot over the whole county. lol

i dont own a handgun , yet, and going to ovbiously delayed since i now have to find one that only will accept 7 rounds...maybe ill get a desert eagle 50 so i have stopping power with few rounds LMAO.
    I'm tellin you, don't wait, there is absolutely no reason to wait. and fyi, larger caliber does not mean more stopping power. 9mm will cause more overall damage due to deeper penetration, and depending on what type of round you use, it's usually more likely to be a fatal injury too. larger caliber will usually inflict a slightly wider wound, but not as deep. it's all about momentum and aerodynamics. yes aerodynamics play a part in penetrating flesh and other bodily parts. .380, .40, and .45 are round-nosed. 9mm is much more pointy/tapered. also, lighter bullets actually usually have a higher impact energy than heavier bullets at close range. ie: 115gr speer lawman TMJ is 368ft/lbs within 10ft, but a 147gr speer lawman tmj is only 309 ft/lbs within 10ft
    Last edited by motoxmann; 01-26-2013 at 01:47 AM.

yeah the 50 cal is more of a joke than anything.

personally i agree with you.

my personal favorite would be a 9mm .40 cal hysrashock round. but i don't believe hydra's are legal in NY.

im actually considering a sig or perhaps a beretta 92fs. my only reasons for beretta are the inate familarity i have from my time in the army. even with bent sights and being abused like they are they still shoot straight.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkman2 View Post
    I think they got a little karma back on them

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/1...520.html?ml=la
    But when I publish names and address of gov't officials I get the FBI, Treasury, and police at my door ...

I still do it though; I just laugh at them ... what they afraid of getting hurty worty? Go suck an egg politician..

Now, I do not support the killing of politicians .. they are like weeds .. chop 1 down and 3 more takes its place

and from the link, another:

http://christopherfountain.wordpress...-neighborhood/

With a Blazing Saddles clip -- one of the best movies of all time -- you'll laugh or lie about not laughing
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-26-2013 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by showme53 View Post
    dont blame Facebook, blame the news
    Not so much.

The news media showed bad form, REALLY bad form from bad motives, BUT, anyone could have assembled that list.

The real blame is with the STATE that registers the firearms!

I see the news media surviving the lawsuit. You guys need to go straight for the jugular, to the point of naming the politicians who started it all, and SUE THE STATE, in addition to trying to get criminal charges filed now that you have documented harm.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by BobDobbs View Post
    yeah the 50 cal is more of a joke than anything.

personally i agree with you.

my personal favorite would be a 9mm .40 cal hysrashock round. but i don't believe hydra's are legal in NY.

im actually considering a sig or perhaps a beretta 92fs. my only reasons for beretta are the inate familarity i have from my time in the army. even with bent sights and being abused like they are they still shoot straight.
    I love my sig 9mm. I prefer sigs over anything else for any size or caliber actually. they can get quite pricey though, which is why I bought a 2022 ($380) instead of a 229 or 226 ($750). they're nearly identical, the 2022 is just an older model and has different "button" placement. I bought it specifically for the 15rd capacity though. I'm sure you can find something a little smaller for everyday carry considering your restrictions now