• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Map of gun permit holders

MikeTheGreek

I just saw this article on Facebook. Can't wait to see how many of these homes are broken into now by people trying to get easy firearms. :cuss: I don't see how it's legal to make and publish a map like that. Absolutely insane.

Joegunz

Concealed Carry Map

I HOPE the IDIOTS at the Journal News get the :cuss: sued out of them by EVERY gun owner who's house gets broken into!!!
Did YOUR information just get published in the Newspaper?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...lash-after-publishing-map-gun-permit-holders/

A local New York newspaper is drawing the ire of its readers after publishing an interactive map that shows the names and addresses of thousands of residents who have handgun permits.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20121223/NEWS04/312230056/

tyc

Statkowski;1872299 I'm amazed - not a single registered handgun owner anywhere near her Heritage Hills "old folks" housing neighborhood. [/QUOTE said:
As reprehensible as it was publishing such a list, don't be too surprised if a lot of those older folks in the area don't have a rifle or a shotgun or both in the house. Some of those folks have got to be veterans and as such they know how to use firearms, especially when it comes to dealing with idiots engaged in home invasions etc.

tyc

showme53

I just saw this article on Facebook. Can't wait to see how many of these homes are broken into now by people trying to get easy firearms. :cuss: I don't see how it's legal to make and publish a map like that. Absolutely insane.

dont blame Facebook, blame the news

BobDobbs

im not from westchester but had a list liek that came out for chautauqua county i bet it would be just one big red dot over the whole county. lol

i dont own a handgun , yet, and going to ovbiously delayed since i now have to find one that only will accept 7 rounds...maybe ill get a desert eagle 50 so i have stopping power with few rounds LMAO.

motoxmann

im not from westchester but had a list liek that came out for chautauqua county i bet it would be just one big red dot over the whole county. lol

i dont own a handgun , yet, and going to ovbiously delayed since i now have to find one that only will accept 7 rounds...maybe ill get a desert eagle 50 so i have stopping power with few rounds LMAO.

I'm tellin you, don't wait, there is absolutely no reason to wait. and fyi, larger caliber does not mean more stopping power. 9mm will cause more overall damage due to deeper penetration, and depending on what type of round you use, it's usually more likely to be a fatal injury too. larger caliber will usually inflict a slightly wider wound, but not as deep. it's all about momentum and aerodynamics. yes aerodynamics play a part in penetrating flesh and other bodily parts. .380, .40, and .45 are round-nosed. 9mm is much more pointy/tapered. also, lighter bullets actually usually have a higher impact energy than heavier bullets at close range. ie: 115gr speer lawman TMJ is 368ft/lbs within 10ft, but a 147gr speer lawman tmj is only 309 ft/lbs within 10ft

Last edited:

BobDobbs

yeah the 50 cal is more of a joke than anything.

personally i agree with you.

my personal favorite would be a 9mm .40 cal hysrashock round. but i don't believe hydra's are legal in NY.

im actually considering a sig or perhaps a beretta 92fs. my only reasons for beretta are the inate familarity i have from my time in the army. even with bent sights and being abused like they are they still shoot straight.

davidmcbeth

Banned

But when I publish names and address of gov't officials I get the FBI, Treasury, and police at my door ...

I still do it though; I just laugh at them ... what they afraid of getting hurty worty? Go suck an egg politician..

Now, I do not support the killing of politicians .. they are like weeds .. chop 1 down and 3 more takes its place

and from the link, another:

http://christopherfountain.wordpres...-journal-news-reporters-in-your-neighborhood/

With a Blazing Saddles clip -- one of the best movies of all time -- you'll laugh or lie about not laughing

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
dont blame Facebook, blame the news

Not so much.

The news media showed bad form, REALLY bad form from bad motives, BUT, anyone could have assembled that list.

The real blame is with the STATE that registers the firearms!

I see the news media surviving the lawsuit. You guys need to go straight for the jugular, to the point of naming the politicians who started it all, and SUE THE STATE, in addition to trying to get criminal charges filed now that you have documented harm.

motoxmann

yeah the 50 cal is more of a joke than anything.

personally i agree with you.

my personal favorite would be a 9mm .40 cal hysrashock round. but i don't believe hydra's are legal in NY.

im actually considering a sig or perhaps a beretta 92fs. my only reasons for beretta are the inate familarity i have from my time in the army. even with bent sights and being abused like they are they still shoot straight.

I love my sig 9mm. I prefer sigs over anything else for any size or caliber actually. they can get quite pricey though, which is why I bought a 2022 ($380) instead of a 229 or 226 ($750). they're nearly identical, the 2022 is just an older model and has different "button" placement. I bought it specifically for the 15rd capacity though. I'm sure you can find something a little smaller for everyday carry considering your restrictions now