• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center

bowb

Eastern Idaho Medical Center in Idaho Falls Idaho does not appear to be open carry friendly. I spent a majority of the last 24 hours of my time there. I initially went in concealed under my jacket, but was OC when the jacket came off. About an hour into the situation a nurse finally noticed my firearm and stated that he thought hospital policy did not allow them inside for various reasons (gun grabs, crazy people in the ER, etc.). I asked him to clarify this issue with security, which is provided by the Idaho Falls PD and they have an on site annex. IFPD officers came around about 10 minutes later and gave me a couple of excuses for the policy. EIRMC is privately owned (as far as I can tell) so I took a couple of minutes to take my firearm to my vehicle. I will not confirm nor deny that I carried concealed after this incident. So if you visit EIRMC OC expect to be asked to take it to the car.

If I remember correctly (I will check the recording), the officer told me there were signs posted, I only did a quick look and did not see any that were obvious. Apparently the signs will stop the bad guys and it is interesting how OCing will often get you the bonus of extra security around.

hermannr

Every hospital I have visited in the last several years has been promonantly posted at the entrance.

Come visit the North Valley Hospital, in Tonasket, WA. It is a rural public hospital district hospital (municipal hospital corp)...no signs...any more...I took them to task when I found out it was posted....they took the signs down.