Thread: David Gregory under investigation for having a 30 round magazine

David Gregory under investigation for having a 30 round magazine

turns out, DC police are now investigating David Gregory after he pulled an evil high capacity assault clip while debating with Wayne Lapierre on national TV

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/dc-p...law-violation/
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Re: David Gregory under investigation for having a 30 round magazine

"We are investigating to determine if the magazine was in fact real."

How much you want to bet they tell us it was not a real magazine... After how many hundreds of thousands spent during the "investigation"?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Activist Member
    It is obvious that it was real. But, I guarantee we are told it was "fake."
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Swept under the carpet, guaranteed.

Update...

"Our sources say the D.C. police official informed ATF David could legally show the magazine, provided it was empty. An ATF official then called the staffer from "Meet the Press" to inform them they could use the magazine.

LINK

So, again, how do you get permission (DC police or ATF) to break the law? Do you think this would fly for a law abiding citizen?

Yes it is one of many stupid laws on the books, but if you or I can be busted for this, David Gregory needs to be busted (and he can't claim ignorance).

I would love for this anti to argue that it is unconstitutional. Let him and NBC's lawyers & money get the DC law voided in court.
    Last edited by Lord Sega; 12-26-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    "Guns are not the problem … crazy is the problem” ... “We cannot legislate our society to the craziest amongst us.” - Jon Stewart
    “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." - Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sega View Post
    "Our sources say the D.C. police official informed ATF David could legally show the magazine, provided it was empty. An ATF official then called the staffer from "Meet the Press" to inform them they could use the magazine.
    That's a different story than what Mark Steyn was saying on the radio today. He was saying that the police didn't give permission and Gregory showed the magazine anyway. If the story is changing, you can see where the foundation to give Gregory a pass is being laid.

. . .
    So, again, how do you get permission (DC police or ATF) to break the law? Do you think this would fly for a law abiding citizen?
    Assuming the show was actually taped in D.C., what if someone, before Gregory handled the object, removed the spring and follower? Would it still be a "magazine?"

If I were a producer on the show, that's what I would have done. Let Gregory wave around a shell.

It will be fun to watch NBC spend their money on getting rid of a gun felony that is stupid. And, BTW: conviction will make another person that cannot possess a weapon..

Quote Originally Posted by HankT View Post
    ... what if someone, before Gregory handled the object, removed the spring and follower? Would it still be a "magazine?"
    If I were a producer on the show, that's what I would have done. Let Gregory wave around a shell.
    Someone bought it, or brought it, into DC (illegal). Everyone who held the mag would be in violation (possession) and then when handing it off to someone else (transfer).
    If it was disabled (ie spring removed), if it could be readily restored, it's still in violation.

DC 7-2506.01(b) snip... "For the purposes of this subsection, the term “large capacity ammunition feeding device” means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition."
    Last edited by Lord Sega; 12-26-2012 at 09:17 PM.
    "Guns are not the problem … crazy is the problem” ... “We cannot legislate our society to the craziest amongst us.” - Jon Stewart
    “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." - Tolkien

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTTNT187 View Post
    Swept under the carpet, guaranteed.
    Its making the local news now. One radio station is addressing it (re-running the same 10 second spot) roughly hourly.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

My God, he could have SHOT someone with that!

Someone bought it, or brought it, into DC (illegal). Everyone who held the mag would be in violation (possession) and then when handing it off to someone else (transfer).
    If it was disabled (ie spring removed), if it could be readily restored, it's still in violation.

DC 7-2506.01(b) snip... "For the purposes of this subsection, the term “large capacity ammunition feeding device” means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition."
    Well, it sounds like he is guilty, as long as the magazine was in D.C. Reminds me of the Sen. Jim Webb/staffer gun in the Capitol affair.

The network had contacted the police department prior to Sunday's broadcast "inquiring if they could use a high capacity magazine for the segment," police spokesman Araz Alali said on Wednesday.

"NBC was informed that possession of a high-capacity magazine was not permissible and their request was denied."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8NQ3M020121226

Charged

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Its making the local news now. One radio station is addressing it (re-running the same 10 second spot) roughly hourly.
    Right, and if it were you ,me, or Wayne L. we would have been charged already.

Quote Originally Posted by TNTTNT187 View Post
    Right, and if it were you ,me, or Wayne L. we would have been charged already.
    I suspect that both the network will claim 1st amendment privilege, and probably the police expect this. IMO they should proceed with a arrest anyway.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I suspect that both the network will claim 1st amendment privilege, and probably the police expect this.
    Of course they'd claim that. It's a stupid and legally worthless claim, though. What's next, holding a bag of heroin live on the air during a drug story and claiming 1A privileges too?

Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    Of course they'd claim that. It's a stupid and legally worthless claim, though. What's next, holding a bag of heroin live on the air during a drug story and claiming 1A privileges too?
    I agree that it is worthless, but DC is a liberal town where the liberal president resides. I don't expect much to come of this. I am guessing 1st amendment will be the networks response, and the PD will go "yea that sounds good".

Just a guess though...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump