• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Australian national holiday road toll stands at dead, many more injured.

Haz.

While were all deeply saddened by the horrific events that occured in America recently, events which were flashed all around the world, events which led the most powerful man in the world to take time out, stand with Vice President Joe Bidenand and make comments like, "We must act," and then even shed a tear or two, events which made our own NSW State Premier Barry O'Farrell in Aus, declare that we must, that he is going to further tighten our firearms laws, events which are still being written up and talked about in every major news paper, TV stations, and radio talk back shows, the Australian national 2 day holiday road toll which includes, Christmas day / Boxing Day - stands at SIXTEEN DEAD, and the holidays have just begun!

Has anyone in the USA or anywhere else in the western world heard this news?? Has this been splashed all over the world news services? If sixteen innocent people had been killed by some nutter using a firearm over Christmas / Boxing Day, would that have made headline news? So far at least in Australia, no one has called for tougher road laws, licencing laws, or a car ban??

With 5.78 annual deaths per 100,000 people in the 12 months to July 2011.

1,291 people were killed on our roads over the past year and around 32,000 people were hospitalised as a result of crashes,”

Australia's population 2012: . . . .22,600.000.

Haz.

23 deaths in 5 days and rising!

Friday December 28, 2012. So far a total of 23 people have been killed on Australian roads in the first five days of the holiday season.

No media frenzy, no one calling for a car ban? Nothing mentioned in the major city papers, the anti-everythings and politicians so far are remaining silent?

Sadly were still being bombarded by our local media over the tragic Sandy Hook massacre. They are like caged hen's which have no basis for comparison.

OPINION: America has much to learn from Australia's decision to ban automatic weapons by: Terry Sweetman From: The Courier-Mail December 28, 2012 12:00AM.
<http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/opinion/america-has-much-to-learn-from-austalias-decision-to-ban-automatic-weapons/story-e6frerdf-1226544232948>

Including;
Recommended Coverage,

US gun owners show off Xmas 'toys'

CHRISTMAS was good for gun lovers in the US with proud owners posting photos of themselves on social media with their new "toys".

US paper publishes list of gun owners.

Last edited:

motoxmann

time and time again, US media only mentions deaths that are caused by something the government wants us to know about so they can change something. kind of like when a dumptruck's brakes fail on a steep downhill just before a busy intersection and 20 something people are killed. they used that to change laws regarding heavy vehicles and commercial vehicles, and they installed a runaway truck ramp/net/pit in peoples' front yards for in case it ever happens again in the same place.

Haz.

Australias Christmas holiday road toll now stands at 31

Christmas holiday road toll stands at 31, December 30, 2012 5:57PM.

THE national holiday road toll remains at 31, with no fatal accidents across the country so far on Sunday.

How sad, how tragic? Not a whimper from any of the major news papers. The Greens and anti-everythings are remaining tight lipped. I have heard nothing on the radio news broadcasts this morning, nothing on the TV news, nothing on talk back programs?
We did read of a man shot in Queensland this morning, and another arrested carrying knives, yet not one mention of the 31 killed on our roads? Imagin had 31 people been massacred by some nutter with a firearm? It would be spread all over the world for weeks!

Haz.

Christmas holiday road toll stands at 36.

Christmas holiday road toll now sadly stands at 36 deaths, thats one more death than those killed at the Port Arthur massacre and not a whimper from the world or the Australian media????????????????

These tragic and avoidable deaths caused by excessive speed, drunk-driving, drugs, are all forgiven by politicians and the media. Its firearms that are taboo.