• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is there a Pro-Gun church?

anmut

The Catholics have finally shown their true colors. It was bad when I had to hear the anti-scott walker b.s. in the Sunday flyer but I gave them a pass - now it seems that their politics have shown brightly through the hems of their cloaks post-Sandy Hook. That's the end of it for me.

So to you religious types out there - is there a Christian sect that is pro gun that I'm not seeing?

MNMGoneShooting

Southern Baptists seem good at least in this neck or the woods. I remember our pastor telling the congregation that he had no problem handing out his personal death penalty to anyone who would threaten his home or family.

Trip20

My church is not posted, but I don't know if that necessarily means they're "pro-gun".

Kind of a don't ask don't tell thing from my perspective.

I don't believe they have any campuses in your area but here's their website in case you're able to find something similar.

Firearms Iinstuctor

My church is not posted, but I don't know if that necessarily means they're "pro-gun".

Kind of a don't ask don't tell thing from my perspective.

I don't believe they have any campuses in your area but here's their website in case you're able to find something similar.

You don't know the Pastor and the board members enough to know where they stand.

Heck I take my Pastor and deacons out shooting.

Trip20

You don't know the Pastor and the board members enough to know where they stand.

Heck I take my Pastor and deacons out shooting.

I don't care to know them well enough. I go there for the Word of God, nothing more.

They do not prohibit me from carrying, that says enough to me at this time.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Our church is not posted but would prefer that you conceal. The senior pastor has a CCL as do a lot of the members.

We have hosted the free WCI CCL classes and will host more next year.

Horseman

Definitely try a Baptist church. In many of them, the heads of families are "strongly encouraged" to conceal carry as part of their responsibility to protect the flock. PM me if you want a specific recommendation for Point.

Last edited:

tattedupboy

Like a lot of places, I don't think that the lack of a sign should be taken to mean that they are in favor of people carrying. Just keep it concealed and don't advertise that you are carrying and everything should be okay.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GlockRDH

I usually attend a 'Presbyterian' church... Its 'presbyterian' in name only... Biblically its very conservative. The pastor is a gun guy also...dont know if he has his CCL or not.
When Im in Madison I attend an Evangelical Free Church... neither of which are posted.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Mine is an Evangelical Free Church as well.

All of them are independent and all decisions are made at the individual church level.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
The Presbyterian Church (USA) is anti-gun

Not only do they tell their congregations to not allow guns in church, but they actively campaign for gun control. Look at this pamphlet by the Presbyterian Church to understand how rabidly anti-gun they are. It sounds like it was written by the Brady Bunch with all the usual half-truths and false statistics. Here is an excerpt:
E. The Call to Action
God has provided us with the elements to be agents of change in the world. The change needs
to be comprehensive: we need to address the idolatry of guns, the violence that permeates our
culture, our obsessions with personal rights over public responsibility, the practices of
widespread and indiscriminate sale of military style weapons, as well as the legislation necessary
to regulate the accessibility and sale of military weapons disguised as “sporting guns.” We must
keep our “eyes on the prize,” of preventing gun violence and the unnecessary deaths and injuries
that result. Enough blood has been spilled. We affirm that through good organizational effort,
animated by the passion for justice that comes to the people of God through the Holy Spirit, gun
violence can be dramatically reduced.
May our Church re-dedicate itself to this crucial task.

Firearms Iinstuctor

It is sunday come to Northwoods baptist just south of the wide spot in the road Seeley Wis you will be welcome.

You might have to show me your gun as I like looking at differant guns if it is something I haven't handled before.:)

10am church starts

anmut

It is sunday come to Northwoods baptist just south of the wide spot in the road Seeley Wis you will be welcome.

You might have to show me your gun as I like looking at differant guns if it is something I haven't handled before.:)

10am church starts

Isn't that how someone got shot, in a church, in the past?

EMNofSeattle

There's no anti-gun stuff at my Catholic Church.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were quite a few firearms enthusiast at the catholic church I used to attend. Although the church had a standing policy of never preaching political issues from the pulpit, except for abortion gay marriage and opposing execution which were based on doctrine. I see no established catholic doctrine against guns, but I haven't been to mass in forever and ive been considering attending a non-denomination church anyway

Firearms Iinstuctor

Isn't that how someone got shot, in a church, in the past?

Do you have cit for this.

Handling guns in a safe manner isn’t a problem. I personally have no trouble showing other firearms enthusiasts guns that they haven't seen before.

I have done so thousands of times even ay church one can walk out side and have a safe environment do to so. Especially when the church is on 10 acres in the country.