Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diane Fineswine wants to make OC moot

Diane Fineswine wants to make OC moot

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...ssault-weapons

What is a pistol with a "military characteristic"????

This won't pass, but if it did, I will NOT comply. And anyone who does, please give me your guns. You are a coward. If it did somehow pass, or if even some elements of it pass and "high n tight" comes to kidnap or kill me they're in for a surprise before they actually get to murder me.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

I strongly suspect her tactic is to come out swinging hard, knowing it won't all get passed, but bits and pieces will, in an effort to "compromise".

Hopefully, enough of us will take a stand to show NONE of this legislation is acceptable, but I'm not optimistic...

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    I strongly suspect her tactic is to come out swinging hard, knowing it won't all get passed, but bits and pieces will, in an effort to "compromise".

Hopefully, enough of us will take a stand to show NONE of this legislation is acceptable, but I'm not optimistic...
    I think the situation is at least as bad as after Columbine. Gun rights survived that but only because people contacted their slavers in Congress when NRA/GOA told them too. We'll have to do it again.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...ssault-weapons

What is a pistol with a "military characteristic"????

Its a gun that is covered or protected under the second amendment per US v. Miller 1939 ?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Its a gun that is covered or protected under the second amendment per US v. Miller 1939 ?
    Forget Miller. The decision has been made by our slavers and that ruling is successfully ignored today. If it weren't we'd have no questions asked access to select fire rifles.

However, Heller is recent and that decision forbids the restrictions in her bill. Nothing can be banned if it's "commonly" owned. Mags with higher capacity than 10 are common, as are AR-15's and AKs and FALs and M1As etc. No (honest) judge could disagree. Honest. That's a problem......

Diane Fineswine wants to make OC moot

moot
    /mo͞ot/
    Adjective
    Subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty, and typically not admitting of a final decision.
    Verb
    Raise (a question or topic) for discussion; suggest (an idea or possibility).
    Synonyms
    adjective. debatable - disputable - controversial - arguable
    verb. discuss - debate - dispute - canvass - talk over - argue
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    moot
    /mo͞ot/
    Adjective
    Subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty, and typically not admitting of a final decision.
    Verb
    Raise (a question or topic) for discussion; suggest (an idea or possibility).
    Synonyms
    adjective. debatable - disputable - controversial - arguable
    verb. discuss - debate - dispute - canvass - talk over - argue
    not sure if you're being sarcastic, but i'm pretty sure it's spelt "moot", but it means "mute".

I will NOT comply.
    Who will have your back? Who will stand with you?

Certainly not these LACs...

When the law stations a Fed Pig in every home, is it then that you will be best suited to fight back? When the long dick of the law is 4 more inches up your anus, then will you be prepared?

No, they'll bury their guns in a hidden stash and cackle like Mr. Burns while, again, doing nothing... The Hangman's greatest allies are the people you think are birds of a feather. No one here will help you. You will stand alone, as I have. I'm done helping such people. Try not to learn the lesson the hard way... The 2nd Amendment will be 'interpreted' out of existence, and not one gun owner will stand with you to stop it.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Re: Diane Fineswine wants to make OC moot

@schlitz

Um....get a better dictionary. It means OC will be be an academic discussion because her bill bans "military" handguns, whatever that means
    Last edited by 77zach; 12-30-2012 at 06:53 PM.

To Feinswine: You can have my 1911; bullets first! C'mon bitch, lets throw down! Come at me bro! You and your guards ain't seen nuthin' like me, ever. I ain't some derpy Taliban with an AK he has no clue how to use, or a thug wannabe who thinks he's so great cuz he got a gat. Remember what a True Believer is? You're dealing with the biggest one there's ever been. 1/2 dozen of me could alter the population enough that the vote would be forever non-liberal. The fact that it isn't so already proves you're a liar. How many people have actual experience fighting this hidden war against paramilitary police in the USA? I've been in it for almost 10 years. I'm so far into "free" territory (after the first one, the rest are free), there's nothing you can do to scare me now. C'mon bitch, I DARE you! I'd love another dozen or so strikes on my furniture! If you ever wanted to know the meaning of "Praying for War," read this again. You cannot suffer enough to satisfy me. I didn't know it, but I've been made into just the monster I need to be to deal with an abomination like you. The price for coming after me will be unimaginable.

I did not come to be what I am by choice, but the purpose I cannot now ignore. I am offended by those who do not stir to action when their own children are at stake.

I just read a decent analogy: "Liberals care about (their own) children the same way a Bank Robber who took too long cares about hostages. They'll kill their own children to get their way. Right and Wrong mean nothing to them." Wish I could take credit for that one...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    not sure if you're being sarcastic, but i'm pretty sure it's spelt "moot", but it means "mute".
    Mute is spelled mute, and it means mute. Moot is spelled moot, and it means moot. No one knows the right meaning of the word moot anymore. Check any dictionary.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/moot?s=t
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”

@schlitz

Um....get a better dictionary. It means OC will be be an academic discussion because her bill bans "military" handguns, whatever that means
    A better dictionary? Which one? Moot has the same meaning in all of them. I didn't say anything about the context in which you used the word. Are you arguing that the presented definition is not accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    A better dictionary? Which one? Moot has the same meaning in all of them. I didn't say anything about the context in which you used the word. Are you arguing that the presented definition is not accurate?
    Moot in my dictionary means "of little or no practical value" or "purely academic" or "irrelevant". You posted definitions of the word moot without explanation that seem to be secondary to how most people use the word

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    To Feinswine: You can have my 1911; bullets first! C'mon bitch, lets throw down! Come at me bro! You and your guards ain't seen nuthin' like me, ever. I ain't some derpy Taliban with an AK he has no clue how to use, or a thug wannabe who thinks he's so great cuz he got a gat. Remember what a True Believer is? You're dealing with the biggest one there's ever been. 1/2 dozen of me could alter the population enough that the vote would be forever non-liberal. The fact that it isn't so already proves you're a liar. How many people have actual experience fighting this hidden war against paramilitary police in the USA? I've been in it for almost 10 years. I'm so far into "free" territory (after the first one, the rest are free), there's nothing you can do to scare me now. C'mon bitch, I DARE you! I'd love another dozen or so strikes on my furniture! If you ever wanted to know the meaning of "Praying for War," read this again. You cannot suffer enough to satisfy me. I didn't know it, but I've been made into just the monster I need to be to deal with an abomination like you. The price for coming after me will be unimaginable.

I did not come to be what I am by choice, but the purpose I cannot now ignore. I am offended by those who do not stir to action when their own children are at stake.

I just read a decent analogy: "Liberals care about (their own) children the same way a Bank Robber who took too long cares about hostages. They'll kill their own children to get their way. Right and Wrong mean nothing to them." Wish I could take credit for that one...
    Well, I don't think they're going to get crap through, especially if everyone calls and faxes their slavers in DC like after Columbine.

If the child murderer (aka obomber aka the mad droner) issues an EO there could be violence, depending on how extreme it is. I could see him doing this after "Congress failed to act" to "protect our children".

No compromise. We did that for 40 years. We're done with compromise.
    Rich
    MSgt, USAF Ret.
    Executive Director
    Florida Carry, Inc.
    www.floridacarry.org
    Glock 23 RTF2
    Mosin Nagant M91/30 (1942 Izhevsk)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich7553 View Post
    Hear, hear!

A right is a right is a right. We should accept no restrictions whatsoever just like the 1st amendment. This means no questions asked right to own anything the individual GI would carry, period. Anything less, such as background checks, concedes we don't have a right, leaving the door open for further infringement.

Fineswine should face ostracism and excoriation.

Fineswine should face ostracism and excoriation.
    She's going to face a humilating loss when whatever piece of crap legislation she's tring to push out tries to make it through congress.

This is what she does. Get on the front page. Get on CNN's opening minute. Grab the attention. Make yourself look really important to the unwashed masses.

She's grandstanding for all it's worth now but trying to push her agenda through the current congress is not going to fly.

Do the math.

AD
    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by ADulay View Post
    trying to push her agenda through the current congress is not going to fly.
    ...and Obama was a One Term President. Don't get cocky.

But I might just sell the stripped AR receivers I've been saving now that I can get $400 for them...
    Last edited by ixtow; 12-31-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich7553 View Post
    Too bad you're not a senator.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    ...and Obama was a One Term President. Don't get cocky.

But I might just sell the stripped AR receivers I've been saving now that I can get $400 for them...
    The day of the shooting I went out and got a Colt AR 6720 once they said it was children, they're now going for $800 more than I paid. Thinking of putting my FAL on gunbroker for $5k to see if some panicked guy will take it. Of course Id be upset if some bans did get through. Not sure Im willing to gamble.

The day of the shooting I went out and got a Colt AR 6720 once they said it was children, they're now going for $800 more than I paid. Thinking of putting my FAL on gunbroker for $5k to see if some panicked guy will take it. Of course Id be upset if some bans did get through. Not sure Im willing to gamble.
    Almost put my AR receivers up... but then decided I'd rather have them. Could use a receiver for my STG58 build...

You know, "military characteristics", like "it holds bullets".

Quote Originally Posted by StogieC View Post
    You know, "military characteristics", like "it holds bullets".
    "...has a trigger..."
    Director,
    Florida Carry, Inc.

Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife.
    -Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes
    Brown v. United States, 1921

Quote Originally Posted by rvrctyrngr View Post
    "...has a trigger..."
    Has a shoulder thing that goes up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U

Has a shoulder thing that goes up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shoulder-Thing-That-Goes-Up-M60-Machine-Gun.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	9781

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast