• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 1012 An order to retreat

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Update .....update....update.....

Ladies and gentlemen, the system has worked in this case. Do not sit upon your laurels, remain vigilant. It is not paranoia when they are really out to get you.

RE: hb1012Wednesday, January 2, 2013 10:14 AM
From: "Appleton, Rep. Sherry" <Sherry.Appleton@leg.wa.gov>View contact details
To: "John Laigaie III"
Cc: "Appleton, Rep. Sherry" <Sherry.Appleton@leg.wa.gov>
John,

Based on conversations with you and others one big issue was the language (i.e. should) in HB1012. We requested out lawyers and policy staff, review these suggestions and advise us. Rep. Appleton will, at this time, not request a committee hearing on HB 1012. It will not be a viable bill this legislative session. We much appreciate your input and suggestions. The other issues surrounding guns and gun rights we anticipate being discussed this session are varied. Please feel free to contact us in the future.

Thank you for discussing it without yelling or screaming at me.

Donna J. Bezon
Senior Legislative Assistant to
Rep. Sherry Appleton, 23LD
House of Representatives
Washington State Legislature
132F Legislative Building
Olympia, WA 98504
360-786-7934

Alpine

Ladies and gentlemen, the system has worked in this case. Do not sit upon your laurels, remain vigilant. It is not paranoia when they are really out to get you.
-----snip-----

The time stamp on that email from her to you was after 10am this morning. Interesting. I called into the radio today around 7:30am and talked to Kirby Wilbur who was in for John Carlson this morning. I spoke about HB 1012, what is was about and urged all the listeners to contact Appleton's office asap to let them know what they thought. I hope it caused a flood of people to bombard her office with calls and emails today.

Last edited:

Dave Workman

I've been writing about this since Dec. 12.
http://www.examiner.com/article/ore...would-change-self-defense-law?cid=db_articles

The measure may not run afoul of the state constitution, but it certainly crashes head-on into almost a century of court rulings here in Washington. But be prepared to visit Olympia.

The gloves are off among anti-gunners. They're going to throw everything they can at the wall to see what sticks.

http://www.examiner.com/article/full-court-press-by-seattle-liberals-to-gut-state-gun-laws

darkside

Not to be a negative nellie, but are we really sure that HB1012(or as i call it "The Criminal Safe Working Enviroment bill) not going to be sent to comitee for a hearing? Are we really going to take the word of a liberal politician? We all know how to tell when a politician is not telling the truth dont we?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
The price of liberty is being ever vigilant. OF course some would just say we are "Paranoid".

Even our government buildings state such...

200112_1008109419504_6313530_n.jpg

EMNofSeattle

And here we learn the truth

Last week I posted how I requested the names of public officials requesting house bill 1012, after "dear John-ing" (LOL) MSG she insisted that she would not name such officials. Her assistant Donna previously asserted judges and police officials were requesting the bill. This is the response I got from my letter threatening a public disclosure request for the names...

Mr. N*****
Your request was forwarded to me for reply under both the informal process and potentially Public Record Act process you alluded to.* I am the public records officer for the House of Representatives and routinely respond to these types of requests on behalf of the House and its members.
Representative Appleton believes there has been some mistake somewhere and some inaccurate information might be circulating regarding her role in HB 1012. She has no communication about HB 1012 with or from* the people you identified in your request. *Therefore, she has nothing to provide whether it be under this or any other more formal process.
I hope this information is useful to you.
Timothy Sekerak
House Counsel
Washington State House of Representatives
360-786-7767

sudden valley gunner

Then ask for a formal request for an open records request.

Maybe this is a project for Skeith.

We have done several records requests here in Bellingham. They simply hide and claim false legal reasoning for not giving out much information. Or like John says lie about it.

She is bluffing, but I believe there is something there also she doesn't want us to see. Look at the carefully written response to Eric. He didn't just go get the records he went and talked to the liar himself.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_c...ellis+v.+City+of+Bellingham&hl=en&as_sdt=2,48

Alpine

RE: hb1012Wednesday, January 2, 2013 10:14 AM
From: "Appleton, Rep. Sherry" <Sherry.Appleton@leg.wa.gov>View contact details
To: "John Laigaie III"
Cc: "Appleton, Rep. Sherry" <Sherry.Appleton@leg.wa.gov>
John,

Based on conversations with you and others one big issue was the language (i.e. should) in HB1012. We requested out lawyers and policy staff, review these suggestions and advise us. Rep. Appleton will, at this time, not request a committee hearing on HB 1012. It will not be a viable bill this legislative session. We much appreciate your input and suggestions. The other issues surrounding guns and gun rights we anticipate being discussed this session are varied. Please feel free to contact us in the future.

Thank you for discussing it without yelling or screaming at me.

Donna J. Bezon
Senior Legislative Assistant to
Rep. Sherry Appleton, 23LD
House of Representatives
Washington State Legislature
132F Legislative Building
Olympia, WA 98504
360-786-7934

Here is the letter saying why she was REALLY pulling it, before she made up the fake threats excuse.

Alpine

I would but MSG Laigaie has the original letter probably in his email box, so he could forward that to news organizations as well as take screenshots of if on his screen to prove it's not photoshopped.

Isn't it a criminal offense to make up fake death threats?