• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A summary of the 2013 AWB Directly from Mrs. Feinstein website...

EMNofSeattle

I second this, it was a good post.

I do wonder though is it the medication or is it that medication is substituted for good old fashioned discipline.

the medication used to be more effective, used to be if a kid was acting up in school, he went home with a note and got a dose of "DADerall" and it would generally create mid to long term stability in attitude, the current medications like Aderall just create short term stability with too many side effects..

[video=youtube;iQgMXOW0FLU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQgMXOW0FLU[/video]

Last edited:

07Altima

Even if it passes

I flat out REFUSE TO SUBMIT TO REGISTRATION OF MY FIREARMS IT IS A DIRECT VIOLATION OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT, IT INFRINGES ON THAT RIGHT, AND STATE SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. I REFUSE TO REGISTER EVER, AND IF THEY WANT MY GUNS THEY WILL HAVE TO PRY THEM FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS.

OCinBlaine

Hail, and Good Tidings!

Howdy folks,
I am having a hard time chasing down the actual bill, i have read the sumamry and I want to read the whole darned thing! I e-mailed her office and got an auto response that said i wasn't going to get a real response because I'm out of state.

So, does anyone on here have a link to the full bill, as she intends to deliver to congress?

Cheers,
OCinBlaine

tombrewster421

I second this, it was a good post.

I do wonder though is it the medication or is it that medication is substituted for good old fashioned discipline.

While I was dating my wife she had anxiety. Her doctor prescribed her Prozac. Let me tell you that it literally made her crazy and worsened her condition. There were many times that she thought of ending her life. It took a lot of work on my part to convince her to stop taking the drug. Thankfully she no longer has any issues with anxiety.

I personally was prescribed Zoloft for depression as a teen and can say that what it did was make me not care about a damn thing. If I had had an impulse to do something crazy there would have been nothing to stop me. I realized that not caring wasn't normal and I quit taking the drug and worked out my problems.

Doctors are STUPID and just push drugs to treat symptoms having no clue whatsoever how it will really affect a person. They call it "practicing" medicine for a reason. They're going to screw up!

Last edited:

tombrewster421

I flat out REFUSE TO SUBMIT TO REGISTRATION OF MY FIREARMS IT IS A DIRECT VIOLATION OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT, IT INFRINGES ON THAT RIGHT, AND STATE SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. I REFUSE TO REGISTER EVER, AND IF THEY WANT MY GUNS THEY WILL HAVE TO PRY THEM FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS.

Forget the second amendment. How about the fourth and fifth.

OCinBlaine

I live in WA, and the anti gun dianne lives in Cali. So I'm not one of her constituents, therefore she doesn't give a hoot about me. well, almost, as she wouldn't like the fact I own guns.

av8tr1

Bushmaster wasn't used in killing

My understanding is the firearm claimed to be a "Assault weapon" was in the trunk of the car and wasn't even used in this tragic event. My second understand is that all the rounds were fired from the two handguns found next to Lanza. So why if an "Assault Weapon" was not used in this tragic event are so many calling for it to be banned?

Someone please feel free to correct me here but if no "Assault Weapons" were actually used in this tragic event, why is all the focus on them? Not that I am suggesting we need to ban all handguns either, but I just don't understand why if handguns were what was actually used, why are we focused on so called "Assault Weapons"?

To me this seems to be like banning motorcycles when someone dies in a car during a high speed crash. It just makes no sense. Maybe this is that "let no good crisis go to waste" that some members of the government have been known to say.

But what do I know? I'm just a dumb gun owner.

sudden valley gunner

While I was dating my wife she had anxiety. Her doctor prescribed her Prozac. Let me tell you that it literally made her crazy and worsened her condition. There were many times that she thought of ending her life. It took a lot of work on my part to convince her to stop taking the drug. Thankfully she no longer has any issues with anxiety.

I personally was prescribed Zoloft for depression as a teen and can say that what it did was make me not care about a damn thing. If I had had an impulse to do something crazy there would have been nothing to stop me. I realized that not caring wasn't normal and I quit taking the drug and worked out my problems.

Doctors are STUPID and just push drugs to treat symptoms having no clue whatsoever how it will really affect a person. They call it "practicing" medicine for a reason. They're going to screw up!

Thank you for this post it helps solidify my personal beliefs that are in line with this post and Trigger's.

I have seen more damaged done by people who are medicated than learn to structure (or discipline) themselves.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
My understanding is the firearm claimed to be a "Assault weapon" was in the trunk of the car and wasn't even used in this tragic event. My second understand is that all the rounds were fired from the two handguns found next to Lanza. So why if an "Assault Weapon" was not used in this tragic event are so many calling for it to be banned?

Someone please feel free to correct me here but if no "Assault Weapons" were actually used in this tragic event, why is all the focus on them? Not that I am suggesting we need to ban all handguns either, but I just don't understand why if handguns were what was actually used, why are we focused on so called "Assault Weapons"?

To me this seems to be like banning motorcycles when someone dies in a car during a high speed crash. It just makes no sense. Maybe this is that "let no good crisis go to waste" that some members of the government have been known to say.

This is really about complete confiscation of all guns. Feinstein said so in the 90s and they are using this incident as their shot across the bow.

seouljachan

4 weapons

In the immediate moments following this tragedy the media and the local law enforcement failed to verify information before making everything public, from misidentifying the shooter, to number of assailants and number of weapons used. From what I can tell 4 different weapons were brought to the school but only 3 were taken inside, 2 handguns, and a semi-automatic rifle, while a shotgun was left in the vehicle.

http://digitaljournal.com/article/340113
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57559395/conn-school-shooter-had-4-weapons/
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/18/us/connecticut-lanza-guns/index.html
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/2...o-sue-state-after-elementary-school-shooting/

Metalhead47

Though she felt fine carrying herself. Hypocrite.

Well of course SHE can carry! She's a congressman for crying out loud, she's *special,* and has a real & demonstrated need cuz some gun-toting right wing hate monger might try to harm her for speaking out against those dangerous things! Ordinary people don't need guns, they have 911 to protect them. Besides she's had all that special Kalifornia training AND been vouched for by her local chief LEO, so we KNOW she can safely handle one of those dangerous things! After all, no one who's had all that special training ever does anything silly like shooting themselves in the ass or anything. Really, you're such an extremist. I mean she's a bloody CONGRESSMAN, *of course* she can be trusted!

(Lkwd_Don: That is what is called "sarcasm")

On a serious note, anyone have any verification that she DOES, in fact, have a valid Kali CPL and/or what all guns she owns? If that Rochester paper can know, surely someone here can.

Batousaii

The party's media has no intention of correcting itself, at least not enough to matter. They will continue to sensationalise with misleading half truths and rhetoric in an effort to cause hysterics among the TV-washed sheeple thus gathering support so a weapons ban can be passed. I do not for a second believe that it was a mistake to put the information out like that. ONLY video that i have seen of any long arm being secured by the police was NOT an AR_15 rifle. What i saw, looked like a semi auto shotgun, ejecting a shell.
- Pure Propaganda, 1950's commie style, and it makes me sick...