• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dianne Feinstein's Proposed Gun Control Law Bill Will Effect Us Wisconites

NoTolerance

I understand a mod told you that your posts in the Wisconsin subforum should have some sort of direct link to Wisconsin to be on topic, but you seem to be developing a habit of taking national news items and linking them to Wisconsin through the most tenuous of links (usually nothing more than slapping the name of the state in the post title) just to post here.

While I appreciate your effort to follow forum rules, there are plenty of topics discussing these issues in the appropriate subforums already. Maybe try to go outside your comfort zone a bit and participate there?

My opinion doesn't count for much around here, but I feel like you're basically exploiting the rule.

No offense intended. This is just my observation.

Trip20

...you seem to be developing a habit of taking national news items and linking them to Wisconsin through the most tenuous of links (usually nothing more than slapping the name of the state in the post title) just to post here.

Nail meet head.

MKEgal

I see that it will affect people who live in Wisconsin, but I see no real link to WI.
Try one of the general national fora. News & political alerts would be logical.
People on the rest of the site generally play nice too.

Law abider

I understand a mod told you that your posts in the Wisconsin subforum should have some sort of direct link to Wisconsin to be on topic, but you seem to be developing a habit of taking national news items and linking them to Wisconsin through the most tenuous of links (usually nothing more than slapping the name of the state in the post title) just to post here.

While I appreciate your effort to follow forum rules, there are plenty of topics discussing these issues in the appropriate subforums already. Maybe try to go outside your comfort zone a bit and participate there?

My opinion doesn't count for much around here, but I feel like you're basically exploiting the rule.

No offense intended. This is just my observation.

With all due respect friend, I am not scanning the news and attaching it to Wisconsin nilly willy. Federal gun regulations do effect us. It is my opinion that since the second amendment is enumerated in the US constitution, any regulations they propose that becomes law, effect us in this state. I am trying to get ideas from all of you as to what we can do to prevent our second amendment right from being so regulated that it becomes infringed upon.
If you feel that I am a pain in the rear end in this forum please let me know, I'll be happy never to post again.

NoTolerance

With all due respect friend, I am not scanning the news and attaching it to Wisconsin nilly willy. Federal gun regulations do effect us. It is my opinion that since the second amendment is enumerated in the US constitution, any regulations they propose that becomes law, effect us in this state. I am trying to get ideas from all of you as to what we can do to prevent our second amendment right from being so regulated that it becomes infringed upon.
If you feel that I am a pain in the rear end in this forum please let me know, I'll be happy never to post again.

On the contrary... if you read my post carefully, I'm actually encouraging you to participate in a broader sense. I have no desire to see you go away.

This post, for example, is not specifically a Wisconsin issue - it is something that affects us on a National level. Which is why it is being discussed all over the non-State-specific subforums, like News and Politics and Hot Topics.

I'm trying to encourage you to move outside of your "comfort zone" in the Wisconsin subforum and share your thoughts, concerns and ideas where these topics are already being discussed in more "appropriate" places.

Federal gun regulations do affect us, to be sure, but not only us. They affect the other 49 States as well.

I asked you to not take offense to my observation. I'm sorry to see you seem to have done just the opposite.

Law abider

On the contrary... if you read my post carefully, I'm actually encouraging you to participate in a broader sense. I have no desire to see you go away.

This post, for example, is not specifically a Wisconsin issue - it is something that affects us on a National level. Which is why it is being discussed all over the non-State-specific subforums, like News and Politics and Hot Topics.

I'm trying to encourage you to move outside of your "comfort zone" in the Wisconsin subforum and share your thoughts, concerns and ideas where these topics are already being discussed in more "appropriate" places.

Federal gun regulations do affect us, to be sure, but not only us. They affect the other 49 States as well.

I asked you to not take offense to my observation. I'm sorry to see you seem to have done just the opposite.

I guess I did take offense, feeling sorry for myself. I should have been stronger. Maybe my second bout with a respiratory infection in 3 weeks and being pumped up with meds broke me a little. Anyway. I am a bit better and take your suggestions well. No Offence! Now where was I... Yes need to stick to WI Issues!