Thread: Los Angeles Police Buy Automatic Weapons from Civilians for $200 grocery gift cards

Los Angeles Police Buy Automatic Weapons from Civilians for $200 grocery gift cards

This is probably a MSM error

However, this is what the article claims.
    Police officers handed out $200 grocery store gift cards to people who turned in an automatic weapon, and $100 gift cards to those who provided a handgun, rifle or shotgun.
    What? They didn't arrest those who were in possession of Automatic Weapons?

http://news.yahoo.com/los-angeles-po...GFnZQ--;_ylv=3
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

One of the points of gun buybacks that I've seen written in news articles is anonymity. They seem to be more concerned with getting them off the streets then prosecuting those who illegally own them. As far as L.A. goes, I can't say I disagree with that.
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

Banned
    At last count, the Los Angeles gun buyback had collected 1,366 firearms, including 477 handguns and 49 assault weapons, said Vicki Curry, a spokeswoman for the mayor.

I doubt they collected even 1 true assault weapon ...

The burglars are probably doing overtime stealing firearms to sell to the local fence(LAPD).
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Yeah, it's supposed to be an amnesty.
    I'd guess there might even be some guns which were used to commit real crimes (beyond simply unregistered possession).

When I saw this on the news, I thought about making a sign & standing at the major instersection near my house, offering $50 for anything in .22 and $100 for anything higher caliber, in working order.
    AFAIK there's no law against it.
    Need to research the city's ordinances... I'm sure there are rules about peddling, but is there anything against offering to buy lawful products?
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Police Buy Automatic Weapons from Civilians for $200 grocery gift cards

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Yeah, it's supposed to be an amnesty.
    I'd guess there might even be some guns which were used to commit real crimes (beyond simply unregistered possession).

When I saw this on the news, I thought about making a sign & standing at the major instersection near my house, offering $50 for anything in .22 and $100 for anything higher caliber, in working order.
    AFAIK there's no law against it.
    Need to research the city's ordinances... I'm sure there are rules about peddling, but is there anything against offering to buy lawful products?
    I've seen it done in other states. If it happened in Washington I would be there with a sign to buy back guns. I saw some of what they got, there were ar's, ak's, and I believe I saw an Uzi in the mix.poor sheep selling off their only means of real protection for a grocery gift card.

Scott

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott