Thread: boycott cheaperthandirt.com

boycott cheaperthandirt.com

I bought 500 rounds of 7.62 x39 ammo from them last week for $134 and change. Today it is $229 and change for the exact same order. I will never order anything from those crooks! The Hell with them!!!! I hope they go out of business!!!!

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cm2624 View Post
    I bought 500 rounds of 7.62 x39 ammo from them last week for $134 and change. Today it is $229 and change for the exact same order. I will never order anything from those crooks! The Hell with them!!!! I hope they go out of business!!!!
    Huh!?! Pricing to market conditions is as old as the hills. There is no moral law or statute that says they have to sell their private property at a price you like any more than you are obligated to buy from them at their price.

What happens if a semi-auto rifle ban goes into effect and they lose the income opportunity of selling any such ammo? They're supposed to sell at yesterday's market price until its gone and then hope to make up for the inability to sell any on other things?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by cm2624 View Post
    Ever use that argument at a gas station?

Is there some life-threatening NEED for ammunition that I'm not aware of, or is it just something that is allowed to fluctuate with supply and demand?

Funny how gun owners are so pro-capitalism until it affects their guns and ammo prices.
    Last edited by MAC702; 12-28-2012 at 01:00 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I decided I'd never buy from them long before any of this happened. When they decided to cave to the antis and stop selling guns, it just confirmed that decision. Calling for a boycott is stupid in almost all situations....they never get traction and people will do what they want anyways. If enough people are pissed off and stop buying from them, naturally they will either change or go out of business, which is how it's supposed to work. If not, then there are lots of other vendors to shop from.

What I donít like about them is their shipping coast. They have four or five warehouses and you get four or five different shipping coast. Why canít just have ONE BIG WAREHOUSE I donít use them unless no one else has what I want.
    Pres. Florida Parishes Chapter of LOCAL www.laopencarry.org

.308 Isn't an area code, but it can still make long distance calls.
    How may I help you? Press '1' for English. Press '2' to disconnect until you learn to speak English.

Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang1952 View Post
    What I donít like about them is their shipping coast. They have four or five warehouses and you get four or five different shipping coast. Why canít just have ONE BIG WAREHOUSE I donít use them unless no one else has what I want.
    because that would jack up the price you would need to pay even more. because it would require THEM to pay higher shipping costs to get products to the warehouse, and it would mean much further shipping from the warehouse to the majority of it's customers which also would require higher costs.
    be smart, check which warehouses are closer to your location, and get everything you want from that specific warehouse. or in the least, make sure everything in your order comes from the same warehouse. that will ensure the lowest costs for you.

cm2624---same kind of thing happened in a gun store here in CT, the S&W M&P 15 was sold for $599 on sale a couple months ago ( I believe reg price was $649 ), after the shooting in Newtown, the price went to .....$ 1039 !!! Talk about a rip off. And they were still bringing them out of the backroom three at a time selling them as fast as they were bringing them out.

boycott cheaperthandirt.com

I order fairly often from CTD, they are upfront about their shipping costs and I have found their prices reasonable. Everybody is raising their ammo prices. Supply and demand people, supply and demand.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I never have bought from cheaper than dirt, so I guess I can't boycott them. I wouldn't over them raising their prices anyway.
    It is well that war is so terrible Ė otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Ctd

CTD is selling weapons again. A goodly number of weapon parts and weapon sales burned out inventories at a lot of shops recently. They seem to be recovering and restocking. Be patient, this, like all things will pass. Will prices go back to the "good old days" of two months ago? That depends on the consumer.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Ctclassic View Post
    ...Talk about a rip off. And they were still bringing them out of the backroom three at a time selling them as fast as they were bringing them out.
    So apparently not a rip off...
    Last edited by MAC702; 01-05-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip