Thread: Gun show dec 29th!

Gun show dec 29th!

So as I understand it, people are not permitted to carry loaded at the gun show at cashman center...that they zip tie you at the door.

Moreso my point - with talks of all the legislation to be soon passed, this could be my/our last show to buy items that we'd like as enthusiasts, hunters, sportsman, and for protection. My question is, if I were to wake up in february with some new 'assault weapon' ban in place, and go 'doh i wish i had bought XYZ before' - what would that be? What's on your must own list, your wish list?

What should I buy this weekend that I might lose the right/ability to buy soon?

I wouldn't buy a thing at a gun show because a) the gun check at the door, b) the high prices under normal conditions, c) the amount of non-gun junk sellers, and d) the cost of attending is higher than warranted.

The sellers are out of their everlovin' minds hiking prices through the roof.

The desperate buyers are out of their everlovin' minds for paying those prices.

Don't feed the panic. Buy what you want in local stores or online.

mbogo

Thought the shows had cheaper and more availability of weapons. Also been told that the local prices in town have sky rocketed and its very hard to find things on shelves right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostlittlerobot View Post
    Thought the shows had cheaper and more availability of weapons. ...
    Availability, maybe. Cheaper, no, except for very popular items (not counting current hysteria) with a lot of dealers having several on the table, and even then not much savings.

You are better off developing a personal relationship with a friendly local shop that knows you when you walk in the door. You'll rarely pay their sticker price if you do.

Go to Wild West Guns. Tell them Mac sent you.

Of course, they are out of ARs like everyone else.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Forget the gun show. It was a complete MADHOUSE! I drove by and kept going once I saw all of the chaos.

Another good reason not to attend. I heard the head of the gun show on the news this morning talking about how he thinks it would be a good idea for us honest citizens to register long guns too.

Ho-hum.........

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

There were hardly any guns at that show. Waste of time.

Yeah it was a disaster. I was going to buy a few stripped AR lowers....none really there. The only lower I came across, was goign for 1,000$. Everything was way overpriced.

Pmags for 50-60$

25 round ruger bx mags for 10/22 50$

i Got 2 items for friends, and was happy about those purchases, and a lil nylon holster for a pistol. Nearly paid 450$ for a ruger 10/22 - but that's so over priced, even though it had a few bells and whistles on it. I took my deli # (for place to get in line for the NICS check) and then waited 20 or so min, went back to the vendor and asked him to come down to 400$...he said no. If he had countered, 425 i probably woulda bought it. I just didnt want to pay 450 plus background on somethin like that.

anyways...lots of people there for just ammo. I figured my current ammo hold was enough - but now that shelves at walmart and other stores are STILL bare, and looking only to get worse, maybe i shoulda bought some =\