• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What if it passes?

shastadude17

So with all this talk of a looming all out gun ban and/or AWB, the Feinsteinator, and all this other crap...most people are holding the optimistic view that the house will reject anything and nothing will pass. I can't help but ask myself, what's the course of action for us as gun owners if it does? I personally know people who consider themselves pro-gun, hold CCW permits, and after Sandy Hook are questioning the "need for assault weapons and large capacity magazines", and don't agree with teachers being armed or the removal of gun free zones.

I personally have wrote my congressman. A lot of people have. We can petition all we want on these worthless whitehouse.gov petitions. We can try to vote out our legislators after this happens. We can send money to the NRA (who personally I feel sold us out a little bit on the 21st, but that's neither here nor there), the GOA, Florida Carry or your state's equivalent, but none of these things are going guarantee any legislation from passing, nor will it help us if it does.

So what is the next step? What do we do if this passes? What are the alternatives? Of course no one is going to want to open-carry protest or protest unarmed in small numbers, as they will most certainly be arrested or at least field interviewed and added to some DHS watch-list more than likely.

Do we get a thousand people to drop everything they're doing, risk their livelihoods, leave their families for a few days to march on D.C. in an organized open carry protest, hoping that they can't arrest all of us? Is this 1775 America? Or do we put our faith in the government and hope that these laws get reversed next go-around, or that our friendly neighborhood local law enforcement and state attorney will look the other way when someone stands their ground with their now-illegal concealed carry weapon and defends themself?

Thoughts, OCDO?

motoxmann

to be completely honest, I would be willing to bet if this ban passes it will merely turn millions of law abiding citizens into felons. beyond that, this is a public forum and condoning illegal activity is not allowed, so I can't say anything further in regards to what people probably will do, or what they should do

Jeff. State

Banned
If it passes, it will never be reversed or expire.

How many thousands would be needed to March on DC fully armed and not be swept up by LEOs/.mil? My guess is 50-100K. They would most likely prevent entry at all points of an organized event like that.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
da90e17a7e94c8d480001be67f73e69b.jpg

Firearms Iinstuctor

If you haven't decide by now and prepared to do what is necessary you better get cracking.

There are better places and times then when they are at your door.

Unless you left a gift for them.

davidmcbeth

Banned
to be completely honest, I would be willing to bet if this ban passes it will merely turn millions of law abiding citizens into felons. beyond that, this is a public forum and condoning illegal activity is not allowed, so I can't say anything further in regards to what people probably will do, or what they should do

If the law is illegal then wouldn't saying you should comply actually be advocating an illegal act?

Coo-coo .. this is position the government is going to put people in ..

Beretta92FSLady

What if it passed?

Firearm owners are inpart to blame. Coming out with the same ol solution: more firearms.

Not very savvy IMO. Firearm owners ought to have made it a mental health issue, and proposed beefing up mental health access in America...wait, nobody wants to pay higher taxes for that. Enjoy your cozy new trench.

Jeff. State

Banned
What if it passed?

Firearm owners are inpart to blame. Coming out with the same ol solution: more firearms.

Not very savvy IMO. Firearm owners ought to have made it a mental health issue, and proposed beefing up mental health access in America...wait, nobody wants to pay higher taxes for that. Enjoy your cozy new trench.

We're broke, or did you not get the memo?

Mental Health???? Check out the definition of "Psikhushka". Govt. doesn't like what you're saying you must be NUTZ.

I'm sure YOU see no degradation in the social and cultural fabric of this nation.

Beretta92FSLady

We're broke, or did you not get the memo?

Mental Health???? Check out the definition of "Psikhushka". Govt. doesn't like what you're saying you must be NUTZ.

I'm sure YOU see no degradation in the social and cultural fabric of this nation.

I see it, but we all have contributed to it becoming a breeding ground for dangerous individuals. BTW, kt

its nkt that bad, violent crime is down in America...paranoia is whats up.

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran

>implying more firearms is not the answer

>implying firearms owners ought to do anything

>implying it is a mental health issue

>implying it is not parenting

>implying we should pay higher taxes for mental health access when we're 16 trillion in debt and spending is out of control

>implying that mentally ill flock to mental health en mass

136.gif

Tucker6900

What would be illegal about resisting an unconstitutional ban on firearms? The USSC has already ruled the the 2nd Amendment applies to individuals. I know what I am going to do. I hope the rest of you will do the same. Please see signature.

NCCobra

What would be illegal about resisting an unconstitutional ban on firearms? The USSC has already ruled the the 2nd Amendment applies to individuals. I know what I am going to do. I hope the rest of you will do the same. Please see signature.

Interesting. Something to definitely consider. I really hope it never comes to anything like this but its better to be prepared.

rushcreek2

Ubermeister-in-Chief will take it upon himself to decree via the BATFE in the wake of Frau Feinstein's failure to legislate.

That executive action may involve considerable harrassment of gun owners, and FFL's at the very least. Remember Waco ?

I intend to manifest the same level of respect for their version of "law" as they have shown for my Constitution.

Progessives are positioned TO GO FOR IT during the next 4 years. Their vision of "progress" being AWAY FROM our Constitutional Republic.

Their objective is to trample our Constitution , destroy the foundation of our free market economy, and rebuild a Marxist-statist society from the debris field.

Last edited:

motoxmann

I'm completely on your side with this and your sig. I was merely implying reference to how the politicians will see it, and how too many law abiding citizens will assume it to be and to do

motoxmann

Their objective is to trample our Constitution , destroy the foundation of our free market economy, and rebuild a Marxist-statist society from the debris field.

I've known this for years. the concept/goal started before Obama, but it became clear to me almost immediately after Obama was first elected president.
the real question is how far will it go before the general public starts to see it and understand it too. my guess is: after it's too late

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Strong talk is all well and good for bachelors with no concern about how short their future may be. But since the "average" gun owner is middle-aged he (yes, guys outnumber girls by a whole lot but the same applies to them) probably has a family. Unless he knows when SWAT is going to come no-knocking at his door and sends his family off before-hand, he will be conflicted between "rights" and their safety. And if he knows before-hand he needs to make sure SWAT does not know where the family went to, because SWAT is not going to be above using them as hostages.

The battle needs to begin now - both in politics and propoganda. Legislators need to know their continuation in theie current job is dependant on how they vote on regulation/registration/confiscation. The public needs to hear the cold hard facts of what the gun control people are willing to do in order to register/confiscate guns only from law-abiding citizens (do you really think criminals are going to turn their guns in just because of some law?) The public needs to hear that the gun control folks are intentionally putting the lives of children, the elderly, the sick and the weak on the chopping block as a trade-off for some new measure of control.

We know GFZs do not work. We have seen the same events as the gun control people. They say "Prove that allowing anyone to carry a firearm there would have prevented the tragedy." We need to show that 1) it is not possible to completely prevent these events, 2) that reducing the number of people killed/wounded is better than nothing, and 3) that waiting for the police to arrive with their guns mere increases the number of dead/wounded. Don't do it with "facts" or statistics. Use the same emotional appeals they use.

They want to deamonize the gun, and by extension the gun owner. We need to start deamonizing them for being willing to let school children, church congregations, nursing home residents die because the deranged killer is not stopped until the police arrive, assemble, strategize, and then search for that deranged killer. Ask people to hold their breath for five (5) minutes while you beat on them with a baseball bat - even a Nerf bat. Tell them that is what it is like to wait for the police to arrive, and that most times the police cannot get there in just five minutes.

Shout from the rooftops, and in the Letters to the Editor, and to your legislators, that you are sick and tired of people dying because they had to wait for the cops. Gun control folks always scream about blood running in the streets - show everybody that the blood that is in fact running in the streets is the blood of helpless victims who were prevented from being able to defend themself. The gun control folks love to call us names - we need to start doing the same thing. "Murderer," "Child Killer." and the like are a few I suggest we start with. Maybe if we get emotionally worked up we might think of a few more to add to the list.

Go check out Rules for Radicals at the library (do NOT buy it - Alinsky still gets royalties) and start studying. It will be difficult at first because it does everything we were taught not to do, and violates almost every principle we think we hold dear. But this is war, and in war the only rule is to win. (Well, that's not really true, but I think we would be better off if we did not actually kill every one of those stinking sons of b!tches, as Gen. Patton said of the goal of war.)

stay safe.

Beretta92FSLady

>implying more firearms is not the answer

>implying firearms owners ought to do anything

>implying it is a mental health issue

>implying it is not parenting

>implying we should pay higher taxes for mental health access when we're 16 trillion in debt and spending is out of control

>implying that mentally ill flock to mental health en mass

136.gif

Hey, I say stand your ground...you will lose. This will be a losing by degrees, and it appears you are an all or nothing type...run with it. Mark my words, you will lose. There are plenty of firearm owners, even hunters, who see no utility in AR style firearms. Fringers are cutting their own noses off.