Thread: Can I purchase a handgun in NV and later resell it to a Calif resident

Can I purchase a handgun in NV and later resell it to a Calif resident

A California friend is searching for a particular handgun and while browsing the www.armslist.com/ website he found one in NV. He and I am wondering if I can purchase it here and later resell it to him (though not in Calif). If possible please quote chapter and verse.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Uncle Ho View Post
    A California friend is searching for a particular handgun and while browsing the www.armslist.com/ website he found one in NV. He and I am wondering if I can purchase it here and later resell it to him (though not in Calif). If possible please quote chapter and verse.

Thanks in advance.

As an AZ resident, you cannot buy a handgun in NV; you can have one shipped to an FFL dealer in AZ, who will then transfer it to you (with attendant 4473).

Of course, your friend can have the handgun shipped to an FFL dealer in CA and leave you out of it.

mbogo

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Uncle Ho View Post
    He and I am wondering if I can purchase it here and later resell it to him (though not in Calif)
    Yes.

You just can't do it LEGALLY.

This would be a "straw man" purchase, structured to avoid the laws of the Democratic People's Republic of California.

If you are worried about the law, don't do it. Remind your friend that California is a textbook example of the saying "You get the government that you deserve." Suggest that he either work to fix the DPRC, or move to the Free World.

Abort. Not worth going to jail. This is first a straw purchase, then secondly violates transfers across state lines.

If you found the gun your buddy wants, have him get in touch with the person who owns it and then have him import it into the PRK through a California FFL.

Thanks to all for the input

I want to thank all of you for taking the time to respond. Looks like a good idea to stay away from this. Far more complicated than I had thought. Thks again to all.
    Uncle Ho.

It's not complicated, it's illegal.

mbogo