• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can I purchase a handgun in NV and later resell it to a Calif resident

Old Uncle Ho

A California friend is searching for a particular handgun and while browsing the www.armslist.com/ website he found one in NV. He and I am wondering if I can purchase it here and later resell it to him (though not in Calif). If possible please quote chapter and verse.

Thanks in advance.

mbogo470

A California friend is searching for a particular handgun and while browsing the www.armslist.com/ website he found one in NV. He and I am wondering if I can purchase it here and later resell it to him (though not in Calif). If possible please quote chapter and verse.

Thanks in advance.

As an AZ resident, you cannot buy a handgun in NV; you can have one shipped to an FFL dealer in AZ, who will then transfer it to you (with attendant 4473).

Of course, your friend can have the handgun shipped to an FFL dealer in CA and leave you out of it.

mbogo

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
He and I am wondering if I can purchase it here and later resell it to him (though not in Calif)

Yes.

You just can't do it LEGALLY.

This would be a "straw man" purchase, structured to avoid the laws of the Democratic People's Republic of California.

If you are worried about the law, don't do it. Remind your friend that California is a textbook example of the saying "You get the government that you deserve." Suggest that he either work to fix the DPRC, or move to the Free World.

jfrey123

Abort. Not worth going to jail. This is first a straw purchase, then secondly violates transfers across state lines.

If you found the gun your buddy wants, have him get in touch with the person who owns it and then have him import it into the PRK through a California FFL.

Old Uncle Ho

Thanks to all for the input

I want to thank all of you for taking the time to respond. Looks like a good idea to stay away from this. Far more complicated than I had thought. Thks again to all.
Uncle Ho.