Thread: Shooting in NJ police station

Shooting in NJ police station

An arrested person either through a faulty search or a gun grab from an officer (my speculation) opens fire. Two officers slightly wounded, one officer hit below his vest OK but in serious condition, shooter dead.

Hmmm, now if we just had armed individuals in schools that could kill the shooter, that might actually work. Just an idea you know.

Banned
    http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/204...police-station

The suspect "obtained a firearm" during the struggle, police said. Officers then returned fire, killing the suspect.

Three officers were shot Friday morning inside the Gloucester Township Police Station, and the suspected shooter has been shot and killed, officials say.

One male officer was shot twice, including once in the abdomen below his bullet-proof vest. He underwent surgery but is now out and reported to be in stable condition at Cooper University Hospital.

Hope the cop gets better .. and chooses a different vest for next time. Even cops cannot depend on the gov't issued garbage ... vests that don't protect are vests I don't wear.

We should ban guns from police stations.

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flb_78 View Post
    We should ban guns from police stations.
    I'm not for sure if your comment was meant to be humorous, but why would you suggest that?

I took your comment as saying "we should ban guns from schools" as a sarcastic remark. But keep in mind that you can OC in a police/sheriff station (but not State Police) per 65.870.
    Last edited by self preservation; 12-28-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post
    I'm not for sure if your comment was meant to be humorous, but why would you suggest that?

I took your comment as saying "we should ban guns from schools" as a sarcastic remark. But keep in mind that you can OC in a police/sheriff station (but not State Police) per 65.870.
    He was being sarcastic. He was acting like a liberal would act and saying we should ban guns from police stations, so that these things would no longer happen! If we ban everyone from carrying then these would no longer happen right?

I like how only 2 are wounded before the man is killed. Why is that? Hmmm... could it be because everyone in the room was carrying a gun? I'd say that probably had something to do with it.

They like to claim a person with a gun never stops massacres, but when someone stops these with a gun there are never enough people killed for it to be labeled a massacre. The news doesn't want you to hear that though.

Here are some instances where a shooter was determined to kill numerous people but was stopped by someone with a gun: http://www.humanevents.com/2012/12/1...ool-shootings/
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.