Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Open Carry Lunch in Monroe, Jan 12th at 1:30pm

Michigan Open Carry Lunch in Monroe, Jan 12th at 1:30pm

Michigan Open Carry is having a dinner meet and greet at the
    Dena's Family Restaurant 15391 S Dixie Hwy, Monroe, MI 48161 . Bring a friend and join us for some good food and conversation about Michigan Open Carry. We will be Discussing the Veto of SB59 and new changes in gun registration.

Lawful Open Carry of a holstered handgun encouraged (but not required).

When: Saturday January 12 2013
    Time: 1:30 pm

Place: Dena's Family Restaurant
    Address:15391 S. Dixie Hwy
    Monroe, Michigan 48161
    Phone: (734) 243-1833

http://mapq.st/UqSmMA

Facebook page for event: https://www.facebook.com/events/186676288143632/
    Last edited by Ezerharden; 01-05-2013 at 08:55 PM.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Re: Michigan Open Carry Lunch in Monroe, Jan 12th at 1:30pm

That's clear on the other side of the state for me. Don't think I can make this one but I hope everyone has a good time
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Thumbs up

Now that I have my own transportation,I believe I'll be goin back to My Hometown again! I'm markin this down on my calender!Maybe the wife will go too! Hot Dog! CARRY ON!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Bump for promotion. Anyone else planning to attend? They have a killer reuben lol
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

Re: Michigan Open Carry Lunch in Monroe, Jan 12th at 1:30pm

I hope this event is a huge sucess. Man I miss the people in that area. In particular my klingon looking friend Onnie.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    I hope this event is a huge sucess. Man I miss the people in that area. In particular my klingon looking friend Onnie.
    If he is Klingon he has been eating way too much Gagh lol.

I'm going to do my best to attend, trying to get grandma to watch the kids, otherwise i may have to bring them with me (age 1 & 2), and i really don't want to do that. i'd say 90% that i will be there ezerharden
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Hope to see you there.

Since I'm just beginning to OC, I'd love to attend one of these events. But this one is a bit far for me to go Saturday afternoon. Any plans for an event in the southwestern part of our great state?
    Last edited by Redneck125; 01-10-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck125 View Post
    Since I'm just beginning to OC, I'd love to attend one of these events. But this one is a bit far for me to go Saturday afternoon. Any plans for an event in the southwestern part of our great state?
    email swregion@miopencarry.org for details.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden View Post
    Hope to see you there.
    found a sitter for my 1 year old, so me and my 2 year old will be there

Quote Originally Posted by hamaneggs View Post
    Now that I have my own transportation,I believe I'll be goin back to My Hometown again! I'm markin this down on my calender!Maybe the wife will go too! Hot Dog! CARRY ON!
    i didn't know you were from monroe. how in the heck did you get all the way up in warren, that's like a different world up there?

Well had a good turnout, about 15 people or so. Not bad for little old Monroe. Thanks to all who came, and hope you had as good a time as I did.

Had a great time today and met some new people. Thanks for putting this together, looking forward to the next one

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    i didn't know you were from monroe. how in the heck did you get all the way up in warren, that's like a different world up there?
    My work for GM,between hiring in 79' at the Ypsilanti plant,layoffs-worked Oklahoma city plant 84' to 85',called back to Ypsi,Ypsi closes 93',then to Flint truck 93' to layoff in 96', then to Fort Wayne IN truck till Nov of 2000,then to Powertrain in Warren retired in 09'! lLived in Monroe-57'to 84'! That explains why I'm a Monroevian and Warren is the armpit of MI! I'll leave as soon as we can afford it!
    Made it to Monroe but had to return home for health reasons! Glad to hear all went well! CARRY ON BROTHERS!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Well I am sure we will do another one in the future

Is there any chance of having a Open carry lunch at Bob Evans or not here in Monroe. Since My wife's power chair probably won't go through the door at the other place They had lunch here in Monroe.

We can look at that idea. Is Bob Evans OC friendly? Also, there is a dinner next Wednesday the 23rd in Romulus. There is a sticky here for it.

All Bob Evans are corporate owned. Let me predict what will happen if you ask the local manager:

He will say he has to talk to his regional manager and you'll never hear back from him.

I hope you will prove me wrong. That's why we usually stick with mom/pop places though.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

I hope you are wrong too lol. I will try and contact them Monday and look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden View Post
    I hope you are wrong too lol. I will try and contact them Monday and look into it.
    +1

You can also just show up. What are they gonna do, kick out twenty paying customers? Besides, no one will notice, anyway, at least when you walk in. It's winter.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    You can also just show up. What are they gonna do, kick out twenty paying customers? Besides, no one will notice, anyway, at least when you walk in. It's winter.
    I think I would rather do it "by the book" as it were, especially in the climate atm regarding guns.

I have oced at bob evans quit a lot off and on with no problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by onestar View Post
    I have oced at bob evans quit a lot off and on with no problem at all.
    One person doing it is a bit different than calling up and asking if they'll host a group of 20.

I have openly carried at "fire Mountain" many times. When I called up to ask to have a group there, their tone changed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast