• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Assault Weapons Bill

LkWd_Don

There have already been a couple more shootings since the elementary school shooting, and not much of a peep from anti gunners. There is something coming down the pipe, not an AWB though. We will likely see more money requested formental health services, but thats it.

I have heard of a few as well, especially the Felon who got a female friend to straw-purchase for him, so that he could set-up his trap and murder first responders.

That is not like the mass shootings like in the CT school, the theater in CO, or the Mall shooting in Oregon, where each of the gunmen were in what is basically a no-gun allowed zone.

Something more than mental health connects all of those events.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

I have heard of a few as well, especially the Felon who got a female friend to straw-purchase for him, so that he could set-up his trap and murder first responders.

That is not like the mass shootings like in the CT school, the theater in CO, or the Mall shooting in Oregon, where each of the gunmen were in what is basically a no-gun allowed zone.

Something more than mental health connects all of those events.

There is something more...the fact is, they all used AR style firearms.

If you're implying the Government has something to do with it, well, I am not in the mood to wear a tinfoil hat right now, and shoot the crapola over it.

Jeff. State

Banned

If you're implying the Government has something to do with it, well, I am not in the mood to wear a tinfoil hat right now, and shoot the crapola over it.

They've all had semi-auto pistols as well. Maybe time to turn in your Beretta.

BTW: 99% chance they were MK Ultra programmed.:lol:

LkWd_Don

There is something more...the fact is, they all used AR style firearms. ~~ snipped

Interesting that when it came to the School shooting, I heard 3 or 4 different versions about what got carried in or found in his car on the outside. Strange that there was no report that his Mom owned two AR15's yet one of the constants I was hearing was that an AR15 was found in the car.

All of this on the heals of the FnF gunwalking scandal which still has yet to be settled.

I trust no one in our Government.

And there is no one in our Government that I voted for.

What a shame that I live in such a liberal state. Even when I support the Repukelicans, a Democrap wins.

motoxmann

that's actually quite far from the truth. your statement is merely what the government wants you to think, and it's obviously working.

shortly before the Newtown shooting, some insiders came out and stated multiple plans the government was working on. then newtown happened. what the government didn't expect was for us to actually see the similarities: all recent shootings occurred in gun free zones. then the same insiders came out and stated government had new additional plans in response to our unexpected intelligence and unexpected suggestions for preventing those tragedies; something that would deviate our minds from our initial solution. couple days later, another tragedy where guns ARE allowed.

Lady, if you don't see a trend through all of this, you're completely blind.

do I have proof every massacre was organised by the government? no. but thats identical to saying: do you have proof none of it was organised by the government? simple answer; no.

is the government feeding off the emotion of all these events? thats an obvious yes to anyone and everyone.

wanna know 1 single thing that was identical in every shooting: reports were for the most part consistent within the first 24 hours. 24 hours later, the reports were incredibly different than the original reports. first reports were stated by people who actually saw the event. the later reports were by people that work for the government.

Last edited:

motoxmann

Interesting that when it came to the School shooting, I heard 3 or 4 different versions about what got carried in or found in his car on the outside. Strange that there was no report that his Mom owned two AR15's yet one of the constants I was hearing was that an AR15 was found in the car.

yup. and to further expand, I was in Rochester when the first responder shooting happened in Webster NY (which is part of Rochester), I heard the initial reports: shooter used 1 shotgun and 1 Remington bolt action .223 rifle, told by multiple first responders. 24 hours later? government tells us shooter used TWO BUSHMASTER AR15's, and quietly mentions a shotgun.

PFC HALE

yup. and to further expand, I was in Rochester when the first responder shooting happened in Webster NY (which is part of Rochester), I heard the initial reports: shooter used 1 shotgun and 1 Remington bolt action .223 rifle, told by multiple first responders. 24 hours later? government tells us shooter used TWO BUSHMASTER AR15's, and quietly mentions a shotgun.

motive enough to convince me that the government is behind this either directly or through media or both to give justifiable false information to pursue their desires to take from us the effective means to defend against the government, then whittle it down to no slingshots.

again, how do you get a "free people" protected by a constitution to give up their guns? create fear using the very tools you want those people to give up in hopes of a feel good outcome...

effing stupid i say.

Last edited:

motoxmann

effing stupid i say.

x2. though it is effective at times. just one more thing to add to the list of things that prove how much more ignorant, submissive, and incapable of independent thought the general human population is becoming

on that note, I think somewhere in there is a relation of Obama to Mcdonalds haha. consider how other nations view our country; fat, lazy, confused, suckers, always seeking a cheaper/easier route (moreso easier than cheaper). Frequent Mcdonalds customers supporting/defending Mcdonalds are quite similar to Americans supporting Obama and/or the new AWB bill. no? :p

Last edited:

jackjack

The CT shooting had an AR style in his car, but he used handguns in the actual shooting. The media frenzied on the AR at the scene and reported mainly that it was used in the shooting. Just because I have paint brushes in my truck doesn't mean that I used it for framing a house.

I haven't heard about the other recent murderers on the rampage. :(

cmontanojr

The CT shooting had an AR style in his car, but he used handguns in the actual shooting. The media frenzied on the AR at the scene and reported mainly that it was used in the shooting. Just because I have paint brushes in my truck doesn't mean that I used it for framing a house.

I haven't heard about the other recent murderers on the rampage. :(

I agree. They keep saying he used an assault rifle in the attack. But it's already been confirmed that it was in the car and never used. I hate the media and I hate our government for covering up the truth.

eye95

What citations exist on that confirmation. As of now, I must admit not knowing at all.

If there is more than one source giving conflicting reports, who is to be believed, and why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

motoxmann

The CT shooting had an AR style in his car, but he used handguns in the actual shooting. The media frenzied on the AR at the scene and reported mainly that it was used in the shooting.

I agree. They keep saying he used an assault rifle in the attack. But it's already been confirmed that it was in the car and never used. I hate the media and I hate our government for covering up the truth.

What citations exist on that confirmation. As of now, I must admit not knowing at all.

If there is more than one source giving conflicting reports, who is to be believed, and why?

as you see, I am in CT. every radio station, every news station, and every local website reported very consistent stories stating Ryan Lanza (this was later deemed incorrect, mis-identification, but not until after Ryan posted multiple times on facebook stating it wasnt him and that he was alive and at work in NYC) used two handguns for the shooting, and a .223 rifle was found in the car. this info came from roughly 12 different sources, mostly first responders and the others being actual witnesses within the school as it happened, all saying the EXACT same thing, over and over and over to all media and other LEO's. later in the day the identity was corrected to be Adam Lanza.
more than 24 hours later a press release stated "adam lanza had two handguns on him, one of which he used to take his own life, but all of his murders were committed with a Bushmaster AR15 'assault rifle'".
immediately after the press release, all media records of the original reports were removed/deleted, and new reports were written up and publicized, repeatedly stressing "Bushmaster AR15 assault rifle" over and over and over.

the town of Newtown STILL has not released a single document to ANYone stating the actual facts of the event.

so technically there is zero "proof" of anything.
but common sense should tell you to read between the lines here.

and to add to this: think about this for another minute. the coroner (AFTER the press release) "stated" all of the victims were shot 5-11 times with a rifle. and word is that he was using 30-round mags (hence the push to ban 30-round mags). do the math. this kid was tiny as hell, couldn't have weighed more than 90lbs. an average of 8 bullets per victim, times 26 victims at the school, equals 208 rounds. if he was using 30-round mags, that's in the very least 7 magazines. this means he was carrying a minimum of: 2 fullsized handguns, 208 5.56 rounds, 7 30-round AR mags, and an AR rifle. and it's also reported he literally shot his way into the school, and fired multiple shots in the hallway the moment he entered. I think it's safe to say he had at least 250 5.56 rounds and 8-10 or more mags. do you have any idea how much weight that all totals out to???? and you really expect me to believe a teeny tiny 90lb kid was carrying all this AND climbed into the school through a window he shot out???
and now add to that the additional weight of any clothing and/or holsters he was wearing to enable him to actually carry all this on his person. heck I don't even think his body has enough surface area to accept this much stuff to be carried on him.

on another note: the Webster NY shooting; it happened at like 5am, in a neighborhood where the houses were so close together that 7 additional houses caught fire from the original house that the shooter set on fire. guess how many calls there were to 911: one, by the shooter. guess how many witnesses there were of the shooting: zero. well, there are zero reports of what happened by witnesses, and by witnesses I mean anyone who lived in that neighborhood. so tell me, where was everyone at 5am? how is this even possible? I know Webster pretty well, I grew up in Rochester. I can almost guarantee at least a few people in every neighborhood of Webster legally own guns; handguns and rifles, including the neighborhood this supposedly occurred in. and there are a LOT of deer hunters in Webster, meaning they have rifles with scopes, and are experienced in killing a moving target from a distance. and you mean to tell me that noone reacted to a shooter in the neighborhood by breaking out their own legally owned guns and attempting to take out the shooter?

and as I mentioned somewhere else about the Webster shooting, original reports from first responders stated the shooter was using a shotgun and ONE rifle. more than 24 hours later it was released stating he was using TWO Bushmaster AR15 assault rifles.

isn't anyone noticing a trend here?

on a third note: the dark knight theater shooting; multiple witnesses within the theater state they saw the guy [who was supposedly the shooter] leave the theater (NOT the building, just that individual theater) to make a phone call, and literally SECONDS later the shooter entered the theater in all black (completely different outfit than he was originally wearing), kevlar vest, helmet, goggles, gloves, boots, the whole nine, and an AR and multiple mags. so tell me, how does a person in a large movie theater go from plain drab to full swat outfit in a matter of seconds. not only that, but how did he get it all into the theater without anyone noticing? how did he change so fast? make note that the outfit he was wearing left zero parts of his body actually visible to anyone. and the AR he used was also supposedly a Bushmaster.

also note that in this theater shooting, they removed the shooter from the premises while still wearing the helmet/goggles/mask, so noone (citizens) can actually confirm that the kid blamed for the shooting actually was in fact the shooter. who does that? I know most LEO's would rip his mask off the second they got their hands on him, for all to see who he was, to make for definite evidence of who the shooter truly was.

anyone noticing a trend now???

now lets add some more to the mix: has anyone seen any names of first responders? no, they all claim they want to remain anonymous. the only names you'll find are victims. this holds true for every massacre referred to above. and they all claim they want to remain anoymous "because they don't have the authority to state events that occurred". now I would think, the only way for any of these stories to be believable would be for at least some of the first reponders to state their name for the record, and state what they personally witnessed first-hand. if you see where I'm going with this; local PD's are the first responders. have any of the local LEO's actually been recorded as being a witness to any of these events? according to the "record" no. so who actually responded?

Last edited:

eye95

as you see, I am in CT. every radio station, every news station, and every local website reported very consistent stories stating Ryan Lanza (this was later deemed incorrect, mis-identification, but not until after Ryan posted multiple times on facebook stating it wasnt him and that he was alive and at work in NYC) used two handguns for the shooting, and a .223 rifle was found in the car. this info came from roughly 12 different sources, mostly first responders and the others being actual witnesses within the school as it happened, all saying the EXACT same thing, over and over and over to all media and other LEO's. later in the day the identity was corrected to be Adam Lanza.
more than 24 hours later a press release stated "adam lanza had two handguns on him, one of which he used to take his own life, but all of his murders were committed with a Bushmaster AR15 'assault rifle'".
immediately after the press release, all media records of the original reports were removed/deleted, and new reports were written up and publicized, repeatedly stressing "Bushmaster AR15 assault rifle" over and over and over.

the town of Newtown STILL has not released a single document to ANYone stating the actual facts of the event...

So we do not have a credible source as to what weapons the shooter used. If all the stories got a fact as fundamental as the identity of the shooter wrong, all other facts that these stories reported are suspect too.

So, again I ask, does anyone have a credible source, one that has not gotten at least one other fundamental fact wrong, that tells us what firearms the shooter used. I see a lot of folks saying he used an AR, and I see a lot of folks saying he didn't. I, for one, am willing to admit that I don't know. Unless someone can produce a credible source, we all should be saying we don't know.

Residents of Newtown need to be demanding facts from the officials in that town. Not demanding them just compounds the error they made by allowing politicians to leave their precious children defenseless. I do not pity those parents. I am amazed by their sheepishness.

motoxmann

So we do not have a credible source as to what weapons the shooter used. If all the stories got a fact as fundamental as the identity of the shooter wrong, all other facts that these stories reported are suspect too.

So, again I ask, does anyone have a credible source, one that has not gotten at least one other fundamental fact wrong, that tells us what firearms the shooter used. I see a lot of folks saying he used an AR, and I see a lot of folks saying he didn't. I, for one, am willing to admit that I don't know. Unless someone can produce a credible source, we all should be saying we don't know.

Residents of Newtown need to be demanding facts from the officials in that town. Not demanding them just compounds the error they made by allowing politicians to leave their precious children defenseless. I do not pity those parents. I am amazed by their sheepishness.

there are zero CREDIBLE facts for any/all of the shootings/massacres this year
edit: I take that back, there is only ONE credible fact for any of the shootings; the aurora theater shooting, the shooter did use an AR style rifle

Last edited:

unreconstructed1

And since we are on that particular subject, I have looked at the video where they "found" the "AR style weapon" in the trunk and maybe it's just me, but I swear that the gun retrieved looks much more like a semi-auto shotgun with a collapsible stock than any AR I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLrxSgkqJQc

LkWd_Don

And since we are on that particular subject, I have looked at the video where they "found" the "AR style weapon" in the trunk and maybe it's just me, but I swear that the gun retrieved looks much more like a semi-auto shotgun with a collapsible stock than any AR I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLrxSgkqJQc

Ok, that is the first I have heard of (or seen) that. I will now be looking for similar reports from ABC, CBS, CNN, and FOX.

Beretta92FSLady

doesn't that particular model have a 15 round capacity, i.e. illegal under Feinsteins proposition?

Personally, I wouldn't be put out if I had to carry ten round magz, instead of fifteen. Magazine capacity limits mean little in the whole scheme of things, IMO.

I don't know about anyone else, but I carry at least one spare mag, more, if I'm going further from the house, say, out of town.

If I need more that the fifteen rounds I carry in my sidearm, well, I am somewhere I ought not have been.