• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Assault Weapons Bill

davidmcbeth

Banned
In January, Senator Feinstein will introduce a bill to stop the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition feeding devices.

Not a link to a bill ....

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
cmontanojr,

Like the Colorado Springs OCers did earlier, amongst your other topics of conversation, I hope you all discuss these issues -- and what might be done to respond to them -- at your event on Sunday (12-30-12).

Maybe the OCers in every state (that has OC of course) may find they need to organize in a more formal way in order to be more effective politically.

BTW, Happy New Year...

Last edited:

cmontanojr

@davidmcbeth, it's a link to a copy of the proposed bill. My apologies on the wording. Does the way I worded it now work better for you? Why don't you focus on getting this proposed bill vetoed rather than being critical of how I word things.

cmontanojr

cmontanojr,

Like the Colorado Springs OCers did earlier, amongst your other topics of conversation, I hope you all discuss these issues -- and what might be done to respond to them -- at your event on Sunday (12-30-12).

Maybe the OCers in every state (that has OC of course) may find they need to organize in a more formal way in order to be more effective politically.

BTW, Happy New Year...

I hope we are all able to get together for some sort of rally or some other way to make our group heard as well. I am almost positive this will be the topic of choice for this Sunday's event.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
cmontanojr,

...I think davidmcbeth is an Aussie, so he has trouble with reading & speaking "American." Please be understanding (as well as patient) with his learning process...

(just kidding)

P.S. On the other hand, I must admit that I barely understand ANYTHING they say if speaking Austrailian slang...in that case, we'll need Rogue Aussie or Haz over here to translate. ;-)

BTW: Rogue Aussie is supposed to do a presentation tomorrow (Sunday) on the "Second Ammendemt Foundation CCW Lawsuit has filed against New Mexico" -- complete with PowerPoint visual aids (pie charts, graphs, etc.)...be sure to remind him (as he doesn't know it yet).

;-)

Last edited: