• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man shoots self in leg at Gibraltar Trade Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheQ

Another thread derailment by stainless...err, boiled frogs. I'm starting to think someone's ignore suggestion would be a good one.

MKEgal

griffin said:
How in the world do you have an ND unloading a revolver?
Mmmm... finger on the trigger when it shouldn't be, finger on the trigger before swinging the cylinder out?

Evil Creamsicle said:
More handling means more opportunity for an accident.
+1 !!!! I wish legislators would understand this.
Our old transport law in WI required unloading & encasing.
This was inherently more dangerous than keeping it in the holster or even simply putting it into a case loaded.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Just read the article. It was a revolver. How in the world do you have an ND unloading a revolver?

I'm guessing it could happen with a single-action if the person doing it isn't paying attention. But, that doesn't make sense here because you would elevate the muzzle for the cartridges to drop out of the loading gate.

Maybe the article is just plain wrong about reporting a revolver.

alphamale

I won't visit any place that hates my right to self defense, and it would be pure folly on anyone's part to support those who hate your rights, especially a gun venue, it is contradictory.

Another Fuddapalooza makes the news. Why do people go to gun shows that don't allow lawful carry? No wonder the antis are eating our lunch....:banghead:

alphamale

39 years of 24/7 carry as of this last Summer and not one incident or misfire. Your wild assumptions fail. Yes the more handling of a weapon increases the potential, but your silly claims don't pass the statistics test. Maybe with your gun handling ability it is guaranteed, but the rest of us, may be far more careful than you. So speak for yourself, and leave responsible gun owners out of your fantasy.

Actually, it's a matter of time before it happens to you too. It's an odds thing, handle a gun long enough, often enough, and sooner or later, you will have an accident with one. You won't agree, prolly come back with a canned response of some sort, but thats ok. Fact is, people are imperfect, we make mistakes, and given enough time, it has to happen.

alphamale

Yea I violated my own suggestion when I saw the responses to the idiotic statement. Forgive me, but some things require illustration, and to be honest statements like, everyone will have an negligent discharge really hurts gun rights because it is so untrue, and a bald faced lie, when we see that when we have over 250 MILLION guns and only a few of these incidents every year. Frogs in stainless pots need to be banned. :banghead:

Another thread derailment by stainless...err, boiled frogs. I'm starting to think someone's ignore suggestion would be a good one.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
well, they don't tell you how to clear the weapon, right? ;)

Mission Accomplished !

Just a funny story ... the guy will be telling his grand-kids about it (unless he shot his who-who off)

alphamale

Some things are painfully obvious and an IP check is pretty much redundant at this point when we see the way he argues, and makes the same identical comments, reasoning, thought processes, and cliches. Many of us know the scent of feces and don't need a expert to identify it to us, thus many of us also know the personal style of stainless and don't need an IP to confirm the obvious.

So now we need to bash Boiled Frogs anytime he posts? If he is stainless1911 and it is a sure thing then ban him, otherwise give him the benefit of the doubt, someone could check his IP. I know, I know, I am wasting my time.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Maybe the article is just plain wrong about reporting a revolver.

News people make the worst weapons experts. I have seen them refer to a rubber duck AK as an M60 MG, EVERYTHING is an automatic, and a glock and a 9mm are different. Who knows where they get their intel.

Ezerharden

Is it safer to assume that it can happen to you, or that it can not happen to you.

It's safer to always follow safe fire arms handling techniques.

The argument isn't silly, it's just math.

No, it's speculation with no provided facts to support it. Please cite your resources to substantiate your assertion that a ND is unavoidable to all firearms owners.

ETA. If stainless said it, it must be wrong, right?

Correct

My comments in red.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Im not misinformed. Laws (and in this case, ) policies that require or force law abiding citizens to handle their weapons which would otherwise be holstered, will inevitably lead to such happenings.

Your original post was indeed erroneous; your clarifying it in a later post makes it no less so.

Someone else got banned for posting erroneous information; please be more careful when posting- when you assert something to be true, it requires a cite. Failure to do so is a violation of forum rules.

Your post was a violation of rules 5, 8, 15, and has been deleted.

TheQ

So now we need to bash Boiled Frogs anytime he posts? If he is stainless1911 and it is a sure thing then ban him, otherwise give him the benefit of the doubt, someone could check his IP. I know, I know, I am wasting my time.

IP was different. Maybe he's using an anonomyzer, maybe he reset his router, maybe he posts from a friends house.

As sure as the sun rose today, it's stainless.

One liners
Inappropriate comments
Certain cliches used (guilty until proven innocent)
Late late night posting
Timing and circumstances under which account was originally opened and used.

Forgot: LEO Hating, CC Hating

Last edited:

TheQ

NDs are NOT a statistical certainly in one's lifetime. Just because you've had an ND (Neil), doesn't mean it will happen to everyone.

Last edited:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
IP was different. Maybe he's using an anonomyzer, maybe he reset his router, maybe he posts from a friends house.

As sure as the sun rose today, it's stainless.

One liners
Inappropriate comments
Certain cliches used (guilty until proven innocent)
Late late night posting
Timing and circumstances under which account was originally opened and used.

Forgot: LEO Hating, CC Hating

You forgot inappropriate behaviour with pre adolescent children and letting them 'surf' on his car.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
That was stainles1911. Boiled Frogs has never done such a thing!

You are correct, sir! I thought we were listing stainless' sins. My apologies for disrupting the flow of cosmic consciousness.:lol:

BOT- anyone who patronizes a Fuddapalooza is either a Fudd or a Looza, and deserves to shoot themselves somewhere inconvenient.:eek:

Serves them right, selling their safety for a 'good deal'....

Status
Not open for further replies.