• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letters to your government leaders!

mem1977

Letters to your government leaders about your right to bear arms!

I urge all to right the State Representative, Congressman, Senators, even the President. Let your voice be heard! Here is my letter from Congressman Hal Rogers. Just received it today. Post your letters and let all know... Better to die free than be enslaved. MOLON LABE! DON'T TREAD ON US!

:cuss:

Letter from Hal Rogers Gun Rights.jpg

Last edited:

mem1977

Here is the letter I wrote to President Obama... :cuss:

Mr. President,
In the aftermath of the recent school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary school in Connecticut. I am hearing once again about gun control and it scares me. It scares me that my right to bear arms will be infringed upon. That is unacceptable to me and my fellow gun owners. The government has no right to take those gun rights away or change them. The federal government needs to stay out of the right to bear arms. Let the 50 sovereign states deal with those rights. The 2nd amendment was put into place for citizens to be safe not only in the home, but in public. The 2nd amendment was also put into place by our founding fathers to prevent tyranny and injustice in the government itself. The federal government wants to take law abiding citizens right to own and use weapons of any type away from us. If this happens... We will be another North Korea. That is unacceptable and as long as their are men and women willing to defend, fight, and die for those rights... It will not happen. The federal government is going to keep pushing and pushing until we the people (law abiding). Will rise up in strong force united together as one and use our 2nd amendment rights. The 2nd amendment states: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Notice the word Arms. It didn't specify the types of firearms that citizens are allowed to possess. We are allowed to own them all. Both semi auto and full auto. Arms are Arms. The Militia, being WE THE PEOPLE and not the military. The military are controlled by the government. The Militia is not. The Militia being WE THE PEOPLE of the United States of America. The Militia is the everyday small town and big city citizens that make up this great nation. Notice the word infringe. Meaning, to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another. The government has no right to infringe upon us. Any weapon of any type can be used to assault another person. It's stupid to call one type of gun an assault weapon and another not be called the same. If we choose to own an AR-15 then that is our right. If we choose to own a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. That is our right. When firearms are outlawed... Myself as well as many law abiding citizens will become outlaws. I will not, as well as my fellow gun owners will not stand for any infringement upon our constitutional rights. I urge you Mr. President to weigh the consequences of any decision you are thinking of making regarding the 2nd Amendment. If you want to prevent what happened in Connecticut from happening again. Then go after those people whom are mentally unstable to own, or have access to firearms. The news media is saying that the firearms used in this shooting. Were owned by the shooters mother. If her son was mentally unstable, and from what is being said in the media. She did know that her son was having issues. Then why didn’t the mother have her weapons secured away. When not in use lock your firearms away. I urge you to take a look at the gun laws here in the state of Kentucky. We have some of the best gun laws in the country. One of those which prohibits mentally ill citizens from purchasing and owning guns. The problem isn’t the firearms. It’s the people that own them. There are people that don’t have any common sense when it comes to guns. When you have no common sense. Bad things are bound to happen. I have taught children in my family about firearms. From how to properly take care of them. To respect them and always treat them as if they are loaded at all times. I’ve taught them to never play with guns of any type. All I am asking is don't tread on me and my fellow law abiding, gun owning Americans. Don’t let your judgment be clouded by people like the Brady Campaign. There are many true stories in this country of ordinary everyday people that have stopped criminals from hurting others, or preventing a crime. All because they were armed with a gun. The news media lacks in telling those kinds of stories. The Brady Campaign was created by a man that became angry because he protected President Ronald Reagan and was shot himself. A man that carried a gun himself. He and his organization are hypocrites. I would like to see you Mr. President to sit down and speak with gun owners live on television. Let them tell you why they choose to carry in public. Let them tell you their stories of how a gun saved them from danger and how they may have saved someone because they were armed. I myself chose to carry a gun because I had a family member email me death threats. I couldn’t get the court system to place that person under arrest. The only thing the court would do was place that person under a no contact order. For 2 long years I staid scared. Not knowing if that person whom I knew carried a gun. Not knowing if they would catch me out in public and shoot me until dead. The no contact order ended on May 4, 2011. Ever since then I have carried a 9mm pistol. To protect myself, my family, and my state. Because in the Kentucky State Constitution it is written. Section 1, paragraph 7 of the state bill of rights: The right to bear arms in defense of themselves and of the State, subject to the power of the General Assembly to enact laws to prevent persons from carrying concealed weapons. I honor my state each day by following what is written in that paragraph. Carrying my gun and ready to defend myself and my fellow Kentuckians if necessary. People take their constitutional rights for granted; I do not. I am as my founding fathers were many years ago… I am a patriot. DON’T TREAD ON ME….

Last edited:

mem1977

New letter to be sent to Governor Steve Beshear

Here is that letter:

Dear Governor Beshear,
It saddens me about what happened to the children of Sandy Hook Elementary in the state of Connecticut. My heart goes out to those victims, their classmates, teachers, and families. Once again I am hearing the words “GUN CONTROL” and it worries me a lot. It worries me that our right to bear arms will be taken away. The federal government has no right to take those gun rights away or change them. There are many overwhelming numbers of law abiding citizens in this country and many here in Kentucky that own firearms. We have the 2nd Amendment for a very good reason. Our founding fathers fought hard, shed blood, and gave their lives to build a country free from of tyranny and injustice. They stood their ground against a king that was heartless and cruel to his people. They defended this land and drove out the enemy forces that had oppressed them and their families for so long. When our founding fathers wrote the Constitution of these United States of America. They gave we the people the greatest gifts of all. Those gifts were freedom and the bill of rights. One of the best of those rights were the right to bear arms. “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” Notice the word Arms. It didn't specify the types of firearms that citizens are allowed to possess. We are allowed to own them all. Both semi auto and full auto. Arms are Arms. The military is controlled by the government. The Militia is not. The Militia being we the people of the United States of America. The Militia is the everyday small town and big city citizens that make up this great nation. Notice the word infringe. Meaning, to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another. The government has no right to infringe upon us. Any weapon of any type can be used to assault another person. It's stupid to call one type of gun an assault weapon and another not be called the same. If we choose to own an AR-15 then that is our right. If we choose to own a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. That is our right. When firearms are outlawed... Myself as well as many law abiding citizens of this great state will become outlaws. I will not, as well as my fellow gun owners of the Commonwealth of Kentucky will not stand for any infringement upon our constitutional rights. Look at the number of people out of work in this country. Do we really need to have more good people without jobs. Because any anti gun bill will do just that. It will put many, many more people out of work. Loss of jobs equal a more bad economy. People with no money. Means no going to the store. No boosting of the economy and more crime. Any infringement on our 2nd Amendment rights could very well mean war in this country and we don't need that. If the government pushes the American people hard enough. We the people will revolt hard. Kentucky has some of the best gun laws in the United States of America. We have laws that prevent people that are mentally unstable from purchasing and owning firearms. If they have been committed in the past they can't purchase and own firearms. The laws work... The problem is there are people that don't secure their guns when not in use. I know people that leave their guns in plain sight not even lock them away. They have their guns just laying in the open. We have people that don’t take time for their families anymore. You have children that reach our for attention and don’t receive it. We have bullying that goes on in our schools and teachers do nothing to prevent it. I know this first hand because I was bullied a lot in school many years ago. People look the other way when they see something going wrong. They choose to stay out of the problem instead of being part of the solution. If people suspect the slightest thing wrong. Then they need to get involved to prevent tragedies like the one in Connecticut. If they see a person who is troubled and they make suspect that person may attempt something bad. Then people need to react and prevent. We need to take a page out of the state of Texas’ law book. We need to arm teachers and other staff. Train them well and our children will be safe. Gun free zones don’t keep the public safe. Having a gun free zone is like leading a pack of wild wolves to a field of sheep. Those sheep will be slaughtered. I was in Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago and there was an adult man trying to buy a gun for another adult man. Thankfully the Wal-Mart employee told him that they couldn't sell him a gun to be given to another person due to state law. They argued back and forth for a while. I kept watching being the law abiding citizen that I am. I was carrying my pistol on me that day as I do everyday. I have a CCDW to conceal my gun. If that the man would have tried to hurt the employee. I was ready to act and prevent anything bad from happening. As stated in the Kentucky State Constitution. Which states in Section 1, paragraph 7 of the state bill of rights: The right to bear arms in defense of themselves and of the State, subject to the power of the General Assembly to enact laws to prevent persons from carrying concealed weapons. I honor my state each day by following what is written in the State Constitution and the National Constitution. The 50 sovereign states should oversee with their own gun laws. Let the federal government deal with guns being sold and traded illegally across our nations borders. The federal government has become to big and too out of control. Which is why we have the troubles we have today in Washington D.C. If the people of the United States of America are disarmed. It will make our nation weak and vulnerable to attack from another foreign nation. Japanese Marshal Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto once said during World War II, "You cannot invade the mainland of the United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." In Switzerland every citizen is required to have firearms inside their home. Even a machine gun in case of an invading foreign military. Even Adolf Hilter wouldn’t dare try to invade Switzerland because of its armed nation. I urge you sir to fight and protect what our founding fathers put into writing. I ask you to fight any anti gun bill that infringes on our Constitutional rights. Lets enact some kind of state law to prevent the federal government from infringing on the people of Kentucky’s rights to bear arms. The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting. It’s about keeping our federal government in line. It’s about we the people protecting and defending the Constitution of the United States of America. It’s about preventing tyranny and injustice in our nations government. I would rather die a free man. Than be enslaved by a corrupt tyrannical government. I leave you with these words from history… “MOLON LABE”, “Don’t tread on me”, “I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands”, “Give me liberty or give me death.”

:cuss:

rob31567

I am still waiting for a reply from the white house, senators, and state representative... :cuss:

Same here. Sent my letters out 2weeks ago and so far nothing. Don't feel bad. I'm sure they have gotten a ton of letters so its typical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KYGlockster

Activist Member
We need to send letters that are short, simple and to the point. I can assure you when they receive letters that are over a couple paragraphs or so they are tossed. We need to get right to the point that way our concerns are heard and listened to.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
We need to send letters that are short, simple and to the point. I can assure you when they receive letters that are over a couple paragraphs or so they are tossed. We need to get right to the point that way our concerns are heard and listened to.

+1

I agree. Keep it short. No sense wasting a bunch of your own time on it.

I've got five dollars that says all that happens is a staffer skim-reads the letter and then tabulates whether the sender is "for" or "against" an issue.

Also, remember, government proceeds from a criminal premise. They're not there for you and I. First and foremost they are there for themselves. Our job is to let them know which way the wind is blowing. And, even that they may ignore if the political calculation tells them they can get more campaign donations by voting against the wind.

I suggest keeping the letters short. Use vigorous language (but not threatening in any way).