• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vote for Open Carry in Texas

rodbender

The poll assumes that only one could be passed. Why not set up a true test to find out what the membership actually thinks about open carry? Because Charles Cotton ain't gonna allow it to.

Last edited:

rushcreek2

I'm not optimistic that any Oklahoma style "open carrry" bill will make it through the legislature this session due to the societal grief stemming from the Newton CT school tragedy. However, repeal of 46.035(a),(h) can succeed if handled as a minor housekeeping matter.

The focus of attention right now is in respect to allowing teachers with CHL's to carry at school - CONCEALED. That issue is presently being addressed in school districts all over Texas - without the need for new legislation. The concealment issue can simply be addressed through school district policy.

The key word is QUIET. The school districts would like to handle this issue discreetly - without a lot of notoreity, and controversy.

No need exists for the TPC redundancy created by 46.035(a)(h). The sole purpose of that provision is to apply a restriction to CHL's that doesn't apply to anyone else. CHL's are well behaved folks who will either respect private property rights in Texas - or risk loss of their CHL due to armed trespass charges being filed against them.

Again - the key word is...............

Last edited: