Thread: Cop's gun fires twice inside New York mall's bathroom

Cop's gun fires twice inside New York mall's bathroom

So much not being said here.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/28...mall-bathroom/

Mike

Founder's Club Member
    Oh, I have so got to hear the rest of this story.

I can't see a crook reaching over a stall door to grab a jacket unless he knew it was there. Maybe followed the cop or something and just guessed he would hang the jacket on the stall door hook?

But, lets say the crook guessed that. I can see a crook who knew the jacket was there grabbing and tugging at it, until it went bang the first time. But, who tugs again after the first bang? !?!?!

This I gotta hear.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I can't see a crook reaching over a stall door to grab a jacket unless he knew it was there. Maybe followed the cop or something and just guessed he would hang the jacket on the stall door hook?
    It's December in upstate New York...I'm a Florida boy born and raised, and I'd bet my bottom dollar that someone droppin a deuce in a stall in a public bathroom has a coat on the coat hanger on the stall door...and they are going to have a serious hygienic and moral dilemma when deciding to give chase or not

But yeah I'd love to hear how this gun magically went off by itself.
    Last edited by shastadude17; 12-29-2012 at 02:34 AM.

Banned

yeah, guns don't do this ... cop should have thought of a better STORY

Officials say someone reached over the door and tried to grab his jacket, with the gun inside. Police say the gun fired twice, with both bullets hitting the ceiling. No one was injured.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/28...#ixzz2GS7oYPqb

In a crapper eh? Isn't all NYC a huge crapper? That's right ... I said it .. NYC stinks

The NYPD will do nothing about this guy ... likely give him a medal for being creative !

Quote Originally Posted by shastadude17 View Post
    But yeah I'd love to hear how this gun magically went off by itself.
    Twice.

I think he saw an evil hand puppet coming over the top, got scared and pulled off a couple of rounds
    You got to be careful of hands coming into your stall in NY

Campaign Veteran
    Evil Hand Puppet: Monty Python man-eating rabbit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Evil Hand Puppet - Monty Python man-eating rabbit.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	9759  

Wow!!! Wish I could train mine to spew a couple of rounds when someone tries to steal it. Must have taken this cop a long time.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    Wow!!! Wish I could train mine to spew a couple of rounds when someone tries to steal it. Must have taken this cop a long time.

That gun was pathetic, though. Any self-respecting, properly trained gun would at least shoot the thief in the hand.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Campaign Veteran
    Mere bullets would not have sufficed: If you recall, only the "Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch" was able to smite the rabbit.

;-)
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 12-31-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    Mere bullets would not have sufficed: If you recall, only the "Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch" was able to stop the rabbit.

;-)
    That brings back memories.

I am guessing that the mysterious coat grabber was not caught, and there is nothing to back up the officers story. If his supervisors buy that story I have some bridges for sale here in NC.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Oh, I have so got to hear the rest of this story.

But, lets say the crook guessed that. I can see a crook who knew the jacket was there grabbing and tugging at it, until it went bang the first time. But, who tugs again after the first bang? !?!?!

This I gotta hear.

I don't even see how a tug will make a gun fire from a coat pocket (twice).

Unless the officer had one of those automatic trigger pullers in his coat pocket along with the firearm.

They do make automatic trigger pullers that you put in your pocket in order to fire when your coat is tugged on, right?

How else can a gun, inside a pocket fire? (twice)

Never play with your gun in a public bathroom, or tap your feet...

My best guess is he hung the pistol on the coat hook and put the coat over it. When he went to retrieve the coat and gun he pushed the trigger against the hook. It probably fired the second time from recoil. That would explain the holes in the ceiling, a auto hung on a hook or rod will hang with the muzzle pointing up.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 12-31-2012 at 12:59 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Never play with your gun in a public bathroom, or tap your feet...

My best guess is he hung the pistol on the coat hook and put the coat over it. When he went to retrieve the coat and gun he pushed the trigger against the hook. It probably fired the second time from recoil. That would explain the holes in the ceiling, a auto hung on a hook or rod will hang with the muzzle pointing up.
    This makes a lot more sense.

I wonder if there is hallway security video that does not show a running jacket thief.

Banned
    This makes a lot more sense.

I wonder if there is hallway security video that does not show a running jacket thief.
    He musta got out through a heating duct...crafty devil.

Or the cop is a big fat liar ... and he should go to the toilet on his own time - I think he spends 7 hrs everyday on the can just waiting for his fat pension

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    He musta got out through a heating duct...crafty devil.

Or the cop is a big fat liar ... and he should go to the toilet on his own time - I think he spends 7 hrs everyday on the can just waiting for his fat pension
    No fair bashing the cop for being overweight.

Banned
    No fair bashing the cop for being overweight.
    Odd, I never thought that weight had anything to do with being called a "big, fat liar"...

Sorry to those "big, thin liars" I guess

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    that actually does make a lot of sense