• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking to purchase an AR15....

crossfireltd

Would appreciate any advice or leads to where I can purchase an AR15 without having to sell a body part. :eek:

I am looking for an AR15 .223 would prefer black but will consider other colors and must be optics ready. I am interested in Bush Master, Rock River Arms, Armalite, CMMG, DPMS or comparable my budget is $ 1000.00 - $1300.00. Hopefully Have not missed the boat on the more affordable models.
:cool:
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Would appreciate any advice or leads to where I can purchase an AR15 without having to sell a body part. :eek:

I am looking for an AR15 .223 would prefer black but will consider other colors and must be optics ready. I am interested in Bush Master, Rock River Arms, Armalite, CMMG, DPMS or comparable my budget is $ 1000.00 - $1300.00. Hopefully Have not missed the boat on the more affordable models.

I'm afraid you missed the boat.
Last week I found them at Walmarts for $895.00.
Good luck even finding one this week.
If you're interested, I'm going to sell my SOCOM when the gouging gets purely ridicules.

Nicholas A.

I found only TWO gun shops that had a few AR's left in the area, the lowest price I got was about 1700. Most are backordered about 4-6months with a few such as Stag back ordered 12-14months. I wish you the best of luck in finding one, I'm searching for one myself.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This is so far off topic it is out of sight but your best bet right now, is to buy a stripped lower from Vaguntrader and sit on it.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
When and if you find one, trying to buy ammo for it is the next headache.:banghead:

Yep!
I'm selling a case this morning at a horrible gouging profit.....and I have a waiting list of people that want it!

You can't even find loading dies right now.

Take a deep breath and ask yourself, why do you want one of the silly things. The 223 is a varmint round and the AR is not a varmint rifle.

The cycle has started and if nothing happens in Congress or State, prices still won't come down for years.

BTW...This is NOT an acceptable Open Carry subject. We are limited to handguns here. Granted, it's better than discussing CHP's but still... way out of bounds.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

"The 223 is a varmint round and the AR is not a varmint rifle. "

Says who I have shot a lot p dogs and yotes with ARs I good AR well group well under 3/4 inch. A colt HBAR target I shot p dogs with is a good soild 1/2 inch rifle.

Having shot deer with the 223 round and killed them with out trouble and checked the damage done to them you do not want to be shot with one.

Is it the best deer round no in capable hands who knows what shot to take and pass it well work just fine.

When one sees the damage done to deer size animals from a 223 bullet you do not want to get hit with it.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Says me!

Here its illegal to use on deer so I haven't inspected the wound. I've seen people shot with them. They died but nothing awe inspiring. I saw someone get killed with a 25 ACP too, so what.

We get the blackshirts here that try to get them legalized for big game. Get laughed at a lot.

I don't chew my backy but once and it's still off topic and we both had our say. Let the guy get on with trying to find one.

"The 223 is a varmint round and the AR is not a varmint rifle. "

Says who I have shot a lot p dogs and yotes with ARs I good AR well group well under 3/4 inch. A colt HBAR target I shot p dogs with is a good soild 1/2 inch rifle.

Having shot deer with the 223 round and killed them with out trouble and checked the damage done to them you do not want to be shot with one.

Is it the best deer round no in capable hands who knows what shot to take and pass it well work just fine.

When one sees the damage done to deer size animals from a 223 bullet you do not want to get hit with it.

Last edited:

zoom6zoom

Fire up the Delorean and go back a month or two, it's the only way you'll find a deal. $700 AR's were going for $2500 at the show this weekend, and I've watched folks putting them on consignment for similar prices at my local shop... and selling within hours.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Fire up the Delorean and go back a month or two, it's the only way you'll find a deal. $700 AR's were going for $2500 at the show this weekend, and I've watched folks putting them on consignment for similar prices at my local shop... and selling within hours.

Yep...it's only going to get worse Zoom.
The good news is I bought in time to sell and have been able to buy a Savage ML-10 with about $500.00 change with the profits from guns I don't care much for.

For a really sad story, River Rat was telling us about a friend that got an AR for Christmas. His wife also put a bow around one round she got somewhere.

Now he has a brand new AR, one round and can't find anymore.

Last edited:

crossfireltd

Yep!
I'm selling a case this morning at a horrible gouging profit.....and I have a waiting list of people that want it!

You can't even find loading dies right now.

Take a deep breath and ask yourself, why do you want one of the silly things. The 223 is a varmint round and the AR is not a varmint rifle.

The cycle has started and if nothing happens in Congress or State, prices still won't come down for years.

BTW...This is NOT an acceptable Open Carry subject. We are limited to handguns here. Granted, it's better than discussing CHP's but still... way out of bounds.

My apologies to the forum, was just looking for a little help.

crossfireltd

battlefield guns and ammo, 757-410-7720, they should be getting in tons of AR-15's soon, they said they already paid for them and waiting on shipping, give them a call and have it shipped to your FFL in NOVA/area.

Thanks.....I will give them a call. :cool:

Last edited:

VaGunTrader

You can find them on www.VaGunTrader.com but you will pay. And if a decently priced one comes along it wont last long.

Sorry!!

I only have one myself, and a couple of lowers. Hopefully things will calm down and prices will come back to earth.

I hear .223 was selling for $1000/1000 rounds at Chantilly!!!

cptstoney

the prices where nuts at the show today..... my $900 AR would have had a $2500 price tag on it, without optics and 6 mags........... pmags for $40 when they where 2 for $25 last show........... i didn't even wont to look at .223 or 556

to bring this back on OT i picked up a m&p22 as an understudy to the m&p9 i will be picking up that i plan on oc'ing with :)

i also met morgan spurlocker(dude that made "supersize me"), he was filming for a CNN special. i'm pissed i wasn't OC'ing even thou it would have been with a paper weight(no loaded gun rule).