• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking to purchase an AR15....

cptstoney

If he was filming for CNN then I would think he is up to no-good

what all was he doing?

walking around and talking to people with a sizable camera crew(full blown tv/movie camera sound guy and at least 4 other people)

we shook hands i told him i was a fan of super size me and he asked me why i was there today. didnt get any further then that before i moved on down the aisle.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
the prices where nuts at the show today..... my $900 AR would have had a $2500 price tag on it, without optics and 6 mags........... pmags for $40 when they where 2 for $25 last show........... i didn't even wont to look at .223 or 556

I'm guessing it will idle down for a few days and after the 1st something will get introduced. That will not only kick it back in gear, it will raise it to a full panic. I may seriously think about selling the SOCOM then.

Sure am glad I cast, swage and load all my own ammo.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Reloading prices vary at all?

Sent from my phone. Excuse spelling mistakes as my fingers like to press the wrong letters and auto correct sometimes does not catch it.

Some but not like loaded ammo.
223 dies are not available now...anywhere I've seen. I have some anyway.
Bullets are unavailable.
All that will change as the manufacturers catch up and prices will stay steady.

There may be another run on primers, I haven't looked at them but I have 20,000 or so.

Firearms Iinstuctor

When the Russians were in Afghanistan 303 brit was selling for 2 to 3 bucks a round there.

This is marget driven every body who thought that they might need one at some time is jumping in.

It is a good time to sell if you have any extras.

If I could get a buck a round I just might go buy a new 4 wheeler.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
YEP!
I listed the SOCOM this morning.

I listed new in package 33 round Glock Mags yesterday and it was like Bluegills to breadcrumbs.

Pure panic buying.

Bob1

YEP!
I listed the SOCOM this morning.

Got an unfired Vietnam Nam era AR with modified sear stuck away in one of the safes. Must admit, I've been wondering what it'll be worth if this lunacy continues.

Now don't anyone go PM'ing me about it, just idle curorisity. I'm not selling.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Got an unfired Vietnam Nam era AR with modified sear stuck away in one of the safes. Must admit, I've been wondering what it'll be worth if this lunacy continues.

Now don't anyone go PM'ing me about it, just idle curorisity. I'm not selling.

I don't know Bob but I just read the NRA's special alert on Feinstein's bill. She says it will be introduced on the 3rd. That will probably bring things to a fever pitch.

Reading the bill, it will also destroy future trusts.

I'm going to buy powder today (I have dozens of different powders but every time I load something different, I don't have what I need)...It will be interesting to see if Greentops is still standing room only.

TFred

I don't know Bob but I just read the NRA's special alert on Feinstein's bill. She says it will be introduced on the 3rd. That will probably bring things to a fever pitch.

Reading the bill, it will also destroy future trusts.

I'm going to buy powder today (I have dozens of different powders but every time I load something different, I don't have what I need)...It will be interesting to see if Greentops is still standing room only.
Have you found a full text version? All I've seen is the 2 page summary.

TFred

cptstoney

i'm getting a .22lr conversion for the AR and saving the 223 for when it's really needed.

i would love to reload but i just dont have the room at my current place. and i'm sure my boss wouldn't be happy about me cranking out 100 rounds at lunch

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
i'm getting a .22lr conversion for the AR and saving the 223 for when it's really needed.

i would love to reload but i just dont have the room at my current place. and i'm sure my boss wouldn't be happy about me cranking out 100 rounds at lunch

cpt I don't have a lot of space for a reloading setup either. I bought the Lee Challenger Reloading press Anniversary Kit (http://www.midwayusa.com/product/42...reech-lock-single-stage-press-anniversary-kit), and built a small bench out of 2x4's that I can stick in a corner or closet. Single stage press and not going to load large quantities, but I can load 50 rounds at a time with no problems.

Frankford Arsenal also makes a portable reloading stand (http://www.midwayusa.com/product/155024/frankford-arsenal-portable-reloading-stand)

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm not very good with politics, but why would ANYONE vote on something they haven't even read?!

Unfortunately, that's not uncommon, especially Federal bills which can read like War & Peace.
They get a summary from their legislative assistants, and discuss it in committee and that's what they go on.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Unfortunately, that's not uncommon, especially Federal bills which can read like War & Peace.
They get a summary from their legislative assistants, and discuss it in committee and that's what they go on.

And I'm certain that part of the summary includes a spreadsheet (that's a computer file, for those south of the Ni), that contains how many "political contributions" are available from their favorite lobbyists, along with the recommendation for which way the Congressperson should vote. From there it's a simple matter to total up the contribution dollars for and against and, voila, the voting decision is made...

Esanders2008

And I'm certain that part of the summary includes a spreadsheet (that's a computer file, for those south of the Ni), that contains how many "political contributions" are available from their favorite lobbyists, along with the recommendation for which way the Congressperson should vote. From there it's a simple matter to total up the contribution dollars for and against and, voila, the voting decision is made...

Shame.. I've also heard that many bills include small parts that often have nothing to do with what the bill is actually about? Usually something controversial that by itself would be tossed out, but because it is part of a larger bill that has a lot of support, gets passed anyway?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Shame.. I've also heard that many bills include small parts that often have nothing to do with what the bill is actually about? Usually something controversial that by itself would be tossed out, but because it is part of a larger bill that has a lot of support, gets passed anyway?

That can be good or bad.
If not for that, we wouldn't have carry in National Parks which piggy backed on the Credit Card Reform bill.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com

That's absolutely true --- the Hurricane Sandy Relief bill had many millions of dollars of pork included in it that had absolutely nothing to do with the devastation in the NY/NJ area...

Esanders2008

That can be good or bad.
If not for that, we wouldn't have carry in National Parks which piggy backed on the Credit Card Reform bill.

Ok I know I am temporarily derailing this thread, but what can I do to influence a legislator who is apparently only going to tally the dollars?