• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Protesters at Chantilly Gun Show - 12/28/2012

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Why on Earth would the owners of the Expo Center allow the pinkies to protest on their property?
They did not "allow" it...

It went down like this..
Protest was planned and show owners were made aware of it.
Show Owners told expo property they did not want them there.
Expo property owners agreed.
Protesters came. Police told them they have to leave. Protesters explained they were using their 1st amendment rights.
Police called for about 10 other units. When those units arrived.. Police said protesters must move to public property or be arrested for tresspass.
Protesters walked to public sidewalk.

Riana

Re: MyFoxDC Video

"... guns send too many young people to their graves, or prison."

:banghead: No, they don't. :banghead:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Police told them they have to leave. ...
Police called for about 10 other units. When those units arrived.. Police said protesters must move to public property or be arrested for tresspass.
Protesters walked to public sidewalk.

Why did the police wait for backup? Why were trespassing citations/arrests not immediately done after first notice to vacate?

So unlike the thousands of gun buyers at the gun show, the protesters were the only ones who broke any laws that day.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Why did the police wait for backup? Why were trespassing citations/arrests not immediately done after first notice to vacate?

So unlike the thousands of gun buyers at the gun show, the protesters were the only ones who broke any laws that day.

Expect more!

It's the schools fault. They didn't start handing out free condoms early enough to prevent them.:uhoh:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Here's their EAlert:

Protest the opening of The Nation's Gun Show!
December 27, 2012
Dear Supporter,

This December 28-30, after a series of tragic shootings that have occurred throughout the country, the Dulles Expo Center in Virginia will be hosting The Nation's Gun Show.This gun show will provide easy access to guns in an already increasing market. Join us to protest the opening of The Nation's Gun Show and call for reasonable restrictions on guns, including a ban on assault weapons, and for adequate background checks on all gun sales.

Protest at opening of The Nation’s Gun Show
TOMORROW, Friday, December 28 from 3-5pm
Dulles Expo Center
4320 Chantilly Shopping Center, Chantilly, VA 20153

This event is 22 miles from Washington, DC. Directions: take I-66 W, exit 53B for VA-28 N, keep R at the fork to stay on VA-28 N, exit Willard Rd, turn right onto Willard Rd, take 2nd L into the Chantilly Shopping Center, follow signs to Expo Center.

Sponsored by CODEPINK, Veterans for Peace and MoveOn.

For more info
email Medea Benjamin, or call her at 415-235-6517. Rides available.

Together we can help America become a safer society.

Busy little minxes, aren't they?

E - Alert Archive - 2012

Stand up to the NRA today!
December 18, 2012

Prison for a Poem?
December 10, 2012

December 2, 2012
Why I love these women

Our Hearts Break for Gaza
November 21, 2012

Happy Anniversary!
November 1, 2012

Debate this!
October 16, 2012

CODEPINK in Pakistan!
October 10, 2012

Pakistan March!
October 4, 2012

October 1, 2012
Bring your "V" to the Castro Theatre!

Skeletons in Obama's Closet
September 27, 2012

September 12, 2011
Got Democracy?

Live from the RNC
August 31, 2012

August 22, 2012
Re: September 23

Displaying 1-20 of 51
Next >>
Last Page »
« Show Co

Last edited:

acfreddie

The wife and I went up there earlier today. Arrived about 11:15am and I did not see them (but admit I was not specifically looking). We stayed for about 2.5 hrs going up and down the isles and scanning the tables.

What we found was some serious price gauging (sure the theory of supply and demand applies) but what I paid $11.95 for in the 1st week of December were now going for an average of $45.00 (one "dealer" was selling them at $59.95) these were the AR15 magazines (30 round without window).

We saw similar with various other items (basically everything on the feinstein/hag list. Most were up significantly but the AR magazines were the worst percentage wise gauging that I saw, but most magazines that were over 10rds in capacity had seen prices hiked since a month ago.

Ammo was hard to come by in Brand name/quality rounds. The quality rounds were also jacked up in price. The surplus rounds were still selling though at roughly a 40%-50% increase from pre-CT prices. .223 was by far the most scarce round to be had. 9mm and 40s&w was also limited.

half_life1052

Glad I stocked up

Right before the election. It does not seem to matter what firearm or what ammo. Things are getting scarce. I have all the .308 and .40 I need for the long haul unless this really drags out.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Right before the election. It does not seem to matter what firearm or what ammo. Things are getting scarce. I have all the .308 and .40 I need for the long haul unless this really drags out.

It's not how long things last but how fast and how often you must fire. Used to be folks said 1K of each flavor (excepr .22LR) was "more than enough." Nowadays, not so much.

Like all trhe other types of preppers those who have stocked up, either with manufactured ammo or with reloading supplies, can feel good for the short run. Depending on how Congress decides to go it could just mean that much more money lost.

stay safe.

Mayhem

Why not wait for backup? What is the hurry to take enforcement action? I could see if they were damaging property or threatening physicam harm to others but they were just running off at the mouth.

If the cops decide they DO want to charge all the people it is probably best to have enough cops to handle the entire group two on one or you have a fight you can't win.

The cops do not always have to arrest people. I am sure the cops would be painted by the liberal media as being jack booted thugs if they did in this case. And it seems the action they took by having the group move off the proeprty worked perfectly. The group never returned after that day.

Dealing with a group of people protesting is more sensitive than one joker trespassing. You have to take a different approach.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Why not wait for backup? What is the hurry to take enforcement action? I could see if they were damaging property or threatening physicam harm to others but they were just running off at the mouth.

If the cops decide they DO want to charge all the people it is probably best to have enough cops to handle the entire group two on one or you have a fight you can't win.

The cops do not always have to arrest people. I am sure the cops would be painted by the liberal media as being jack booted thugs if they did in this case. And it seems the action they took by having the group move off the proeprty worked perfectly. The group never returned after that day.

Dealing with a group of people protesting is more sensitive than one joker trespassing. You have to take a different approach.

They were unarmed, non-violent, and trespassing with interference and complaint.

But waiting, and then still just letting them go after they get their airtime was just so much easier. You're right. My bad.

Mayhem

They were unarmed, non-violent, and trespassing with interference and complaint.

But waiting, and then still just letting them go after they get their airtime was just so much easier. You're right. My bad.

Wait.. were you there? How do you know they were all unarmed? jajajaja

I have no problem with how it was handled. I see it the same as the cops approaching a group of OCers being asked to leave a business. But maybe the cops should just bust 20 OC guys and charge them all for trespassing instead of attempting to mediate and have all parties move on. Neither party wants trouble.

Are people troubled with the fact the anti party was permitted to chant a little longer? Who cares!!! They did not damage and looked like fools.

It seems the cops exercised some discretion and did not go off half-cocked. Something we all complain about when they deal with gun owners.

stickslinger

Wait.. were you there? How do you know they were all unarmed? jajajaja

I have no problem with how it was handled. I see it the same as the cops approaching a group of OCers being asked to leave a business. But maybe the cops should just bust 20 OC guys and charge them all for trespassing instead of attempting to mediate and have all parties move on. Neither party wants trouble.

Are people troubled with the fact the anti party was permitted to chant a little longer? Who cares!!! They did not damage and looked like fools.

It seems the cops exercised some discretion and did not go off half-cocked. Something we all complain about when they deal with gun owners.

The cops were hesitant perhaps because they were toting pink those dangerous AR15 card board cut-outs.

:uhoh: