• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked Not To Bring My Gun Back To Old Country Buffet

The Big Dog

Was at Old Country Buffet for dinner Friday evening with my mother and my daughter. Was spotted by M1gunner while filling my glass with something to drink. Had a nice visit with M1gunner and his family before returning to my table. A short while later as I was putting on my coat and getting ready to leave I was approached by the manager Mark Ball and asked not to return with my gun as it was not allowed per Old Country Buffet Company Policy. I informed Mark Ball I had been there several times with no mention of any such gun policy prohibiting guns and would be writing the corporate office to clarify the company policy on weapons.

When I got home I did a search for the contact info for Old Country Buffet corporate offices. What I found was a forum from the Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association about the Old Country Buffet corporate policy. (Link Below) Sounds like they do not want guns Open Carry of Concealed Carry, NO GUNS AT ALL......

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/23660-i-called-old-country-buffet-corporate.html

Sounds to me like we need to add Old Country Buffet to the list of places your guns are not welcome.
They do not get any more of my money.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
This is not news in Washington. I have had a similar incident with OCB in Bellingham and their policy is to be a "familyplace" a gunfree zone.

LkWd_Don

Outback is the same way, so if my defensive carry is not welcome, then I view that as meaning Me and my Money are equally not welcome.

OCinBlaine

Isn 't that at the Bellis Fair Mall? Has anyone not had a problem OC'in at The Bellis Fair Mall? As far as i knew they Don't appreciate this freedom of ours there. A friend of mine was OC'in there and was approched by a LEO, who had the security guard 15 feet behind him. The LEO suggested my buddy purchase a different holster for the next time he wanted to shop at the Mall. Being Married and having 3+1 in the bun makes it hard to not give places like Costco or The Mall my business......

Batousaii

... odd ...

I have eaten many times at OCB in lakewood, and have even received compliments from their manager (at the time), who told his floor staff, in front of customers, how good it was to see someone excersizing their rights, thanked me and said he hoped to see more of us. Now, it has been about 6 months, so maybe a change of staff there, but I have never had an issue in the lakewood one...

amzbrady

Too many preservatives for me, I can't do the buffets anymore anyway, I would have to have a toilet seat in my car for when I leave. 5 minutes to lift off.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Isn 't that at the Bellis Fair Mall? Has anyone not had a problem OC'in at The Bellis Fair Mall? As far as i knew they Don't appreciate this freedom of ours there. A friend of mine was OC'in there and was approched by a LEO, who had the security guard 15 feet behind him. The LEO suggested my buddy purchase a different holster for the next time he wanted to shop at the Mall. Being Married and having 3+1 in the bun makes it hard to not give places like Costco or The Mall my business......

I have OC'd a few times at Bellis Fair without issue. I don't make it a practice to go there except for Big5 and they don't care if you OC.

He probably just put 5 years on your life.

True dat!

The Big Dog

How was Bill carrying? Was he asked to leave as well?

M1gunner was OC but sitting a distance away from my location. I sent a PM to ask M1gunner if he was approached by the manager as well, have not gotten a reply yet. I was not asked to leave; as we stood up and put on our coats the manager approached me to let me know my handgun was not welcome at OCB per company policy.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Federal Way Location ( Across from Seatac Mall)
I was never approached by anyone during my visit. I knew they had a policy but have never been asked to leave. I sat strong side near the soda machine without issue with several trips to the buffet and dessert bar. I did have someone take a pic of me sitting there from a nearby table.

I've also visited the Lakewood location without issue.

Edit: This was the first and only visit where I was impressed with the food.
Edit 2: No PM has been received.

Last edited:

amlevin

Too many preservatives for me, I can't do the buffets anymore anyway, I would have to have a toilet seat in my car for when I leave. 5 minutes to lift off.

Just get a small motor-home. When the need arises, just set the cruise control and go back to the "john".

As for me, I don't eat at any buffet where kids are allowed to serve themselves. One look at a kid picking up a piece of food with his fingers, taking a bit, then making a face and putting the unfinished piece was enough to get me out of them for life. It was even worse at the dessert bar where more than one will lick the spoon and put it back in the "sauce".

carolina guy

Just get a small motor-home. When the need arises, just set the cruise control and go back to the "john".

As for me, I don't eat at any buffet where kids are allowed to serve themselves. One look at a kid picking up a piece of food with his fingers, taking a bit, then making a face and putting the unfinished piece was enough to get me out of them for life. It was even worse at the dessert bar where more than one will lick the spoon and put it back in the "sauce".

I have 4 kids...and won't even eat their food...much less anyone else's kids pick-overs. :lol:

It would seem to me that people need to start asking either the managers/owners or corporate offices what they intend to do to "ensure" the safety of their customers and employees in these "family friendly gun free zones"...when they remove the ability of people to protect themselves, they need to take that responsibility for themselves.

Let them know that if our guns (for OUR protection) are not welcome, then our money is also not welcome.

Last edited:

John Hardin

That problem is not limited to kids. I once saw a senior citizen spoon out some mashed potatoes or macaroni salad or some such thing and lick the serving spoon.

It's amazing the memories we can suppress.