• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colonial Shooting Academy-looking to form a group to join for a discount

ramblinman

I've been to Colonial Shooting Academy in Richmond on Broad Street a few times and it is very nice. Clean, friendly staff.

I've been paying per visit but would like to join at their Academy membership level. Info is available on their web-site. I spoke to them about a "group" membership and all I need are three other people to go in with me. They said we need to have nothing in common other than our interest in joining (friends and family if you will).

Their usual one-time $100 initiation fee is reduced to $75 and the $34.95 monthly fee is reduced to $29.00.

They have agreed to bill participants individually as long as we submit the initial applications and $75 initiation fees at one time. For those paying monthly, there is a monthly $3.00 surcharge. (They would waive this monthly surcharge if we agreed to one master bill payment. We are not doing this approach.)

For those who choose to pay one time annually, you will receive one month free.

Their usual rate is $20.00 per visit for non-members. Those visiting twice per month would save money by joining.

They require all the applications and checks to be submitted at one time. I am willing to coordinate the collection and delivery to them or the club itself offered to collect them for us.

Please contact me if you'd like more info or you're interested in joining as part of this group. Note, I am unaffiliated with the club and receive no incentive (other than a cheaper group rate myself) if people join. Just trying to save a few bucks.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
You must lead a sad life if reading something once in reply to another post and once as a new thread causes you to post comments like this. Guess you really schooled me and you feel better about life now.

More of your precious time will now be spent schooling me some more. Thanks Mr. Manners.

Another Colonial candidate I see.
No I can't school someone as smart as you.:lol:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
And here I was all ready to PM you to get details.

My mother would never allow me to part of a group that included you. (And my mother has been dead 25+ years.)

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Good lord---Are you guys always this childish on this board? And, to think, you are also responsible with owning a firearm?

Have to admit to being puzzled by now two individuals being bothered by a post. Apparently I can be attacked but I'm not supposed to respond to it. You guys have perfected the circular firing squad pretty well. And here I thought we were all on the "same side" on these boards. Clearly, some folks just prefer to post childish responses.

IF I actually valued your opinion, I guess I'm supposed to have been offended. I trust it is now my extreme loss that some bozo decided not to message me.

Gee, I guess that means you'll be going away then!:lol:
I guess the Bozo and I will just have to do without your vast knowledge.

BTW From another thread here:
Howard Good, a journalism professor at the State University of New York at New Paltz, called the critics' response childish and petulant.

"It doesn't move the issue of gun control to the level of intelligent public discussion," he said. "Instead, it transforms what should be a rational public debate on a contentious issue into ugly gutter fighting."

I wonder why whenever one of those pencilnecks gets his/her toes stepped on, they fall back on this?
Come to think of it...they do it on both sides of the fence!
lol.gif

You aren't related to Howard are you?

Listen simple ass. all I did was make fun of you for posting in two threads. You're the one that got the vapors. By the way, Colonial doesn't allow or like OC'ers and unless you missed it, this is an OC board.

Now being snippy with me is one thing. I just consider the source and make fun of you. You'll even get some sympathy from a lot of members....BUT calling Skidmark, who is a senior member, a well known 2A advocate and activist as well as a library of information...A "BOZO" just sank your boat.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Good lord---Are you guys always this childish on this board? And, to think, you are also responsible with owning a firearm?

Have to admit to being puzzled by now two individuals being bothered by a post. Apparently I can be attacked but I'm not supposed to respond to it. You guys have perfected the circular firing squad pretty well. And here I thought we were all on the "same side" on these boards. Clearly, some folks just prefer to post childish responses.

IF I actually valued your opinion, I guess I'm supposed to have been offended. I trust it is now my extreme loss that some bozo decided not to message me.

Bozo here, Ramblinman.

Childish? after you post
You must lead a sad life if reading something once in reply to another post and once as a new thread causes you to post comments like this. Guess you really schooled me and you feel better about life now.

More of your precious time will now be spent schooling me some more. Thanks Mr. Manners.
in response to Mr. Nap's resopnse to your having posted the idedtical words in two separate threads?

OCDO survives on self moderation. Peter Nap chided you for what is in essence a cross-posting. While not actually against "The Rules" it is, at least around here, considered bad form. You, being new to OCDO, may not have been aware of that piece of our culture. Peter Nap, being a cranky Oulde Phart, sometimes forgets to give newbies fair warning when they commit a faux pas, and unforetunately there are no written repositories of what have come to be unwritten rules.

But as a reminder, there are a few actually written rules, among them:
(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!
(7) NO SPAMMING: Links to spam/membership sites not related directly to firearms are NOT allowed under any circumstances! It is also considered spamming to post the same thread (even valid ones) to multiple forums. (8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

It looks like you have managed to violate all three of those, if you, as we here in the Virginia section do, consider cross-posting to different threads to be a violation of Rule #7.

Rather than immediately report you to a Moderator for consideration of "official sanctioning" and/or administrative action, I am going to suggest that you edit at least one of your posts to eliminate the violations of Rule #6. Here in the Virginia forum we do, with Moderator and Administrator permission, run a bit loose on just how far we can stray from specifically OC-oriented and still not need to go to General Discussion. Peter Nap knows this but he also serves as one of the Official Curmudgeons trying to herd this bunch of cats in a somewhat straight line. You, being new and lacking any access to our Unwritten Rules and Culture, probably did not know this. (For your further edification and education, I am one of the Founding Members of the Grumpy Old Men Club in addition to being an Oulde Phart, a Curmudgeon, and occassionally serving as the voice of reason and concilliation (or so I have been accused a time or more) by pointing out certain things that need to be pointed out.)

I also have the highly unwanted poition of being both respected and sometimes the object of someone or other trying to protect me. While I appreciate that, I have not asked for it and sometimes admit it can be embarassing. But I know why they do it, and I always humbly grateful.

So, in closing, I'd like to address your comment about my announcing I will not be PMing you about any group discount plan. I was taught, by my mother and by many others, not to associate with those who did not comport themselves in a socially acceptable manner*. Were you such, you would have realized the chastizement inherent in my post and considered rectifying the matter.

stay safe.

* - Most of the time I manage to comply with both sides of the "socially acceptable" coin. To my great shame and embarassment there are times when I intentionally choose not to.

rvashootetxx

I've been to Colonial Shooting Academy in Richmond on Broad Street a few times and it is very nice. Clean, friendly staff.

I've been paying per visit but would like to join at their Academy membership level. Info is available on their web-site. I spoke to them about a "group" membership and all I need are three other people to go in with me. They said we need to have nothing in common other than our interest in joining.

This information is not correct. The only "group" membership is a Corporate membership. The requirement is that all applicants must work for the same company and the minimum number needed is four people. This does not include additional family members on a membership.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
rvashootetxx -

Welcome to OCDO.

Thank you for the additional clarification.

Now - are you a VCDL member? If not, why not? Will you be joining us at Lobby Day on the 21st? There is a group breakfast planned for that day - hope you can attend.

Speaking of breakfast, come join us at the Greater Richmond OC Breakfast every Saturday. We also do monthly dinners - our next one in Jan. 8th - come out and meet us.

stay safe.

ramblinman

No, it is correct

This information is not correct. The only "group" membership is a Corporate membership. The requirement is that all applicants must work for the same company and the minimum number needed is four people. This does not include additional family members on a membership.

Feel free to call their membership director and tell her she doesn't know what she is talking about. I called them, asked the specific question, and that's what she told me. It's called flexibility to earn business.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Feel free to call their membership director and tell her she doesn't know what she is talking about. I called them, asked the specific question, and that's what she told me. It's called flexibility to earn business.

Other than saying "Nyna, nyna, nyna" is there a point to continuing to flog this deceased equine?

So far there have been an extremely small number of folks who have essentially indicated they have no desire to join/form an affinity group to get any sort of discount membership.

On the other hand, there have been untold numbers of readers who have made the same statement by virtue of their deathly silence regarding your inquiry.

A clue - get one you should.

stay safe.