Thread: Washington Post quotes's John Pierce re surge in gun sales across USA

Moderator / Administrator
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Washington Post quotes's John Pierce re surge in gun sales across USA

“I’ve never seen shelves so bare in stores that weren’t going out of business,” said John Pierce, co-founder of, a Virginia-based gun rights networking hub. “It’s really shocking.”

The Nation’s Gun Show at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly on Friday was ground zero for the boom. Organizers expected twice as many attendees as came to a similar event last November. One dealer canceled because he ran out of ammunition to sell.

. . .’s Pierce said gun owners worried about new restrictions are just one part of the boom in gun demand. He said Sandy Hook also has produced a crop of first-time gun buyers interested in arming themselves against a similar attack.

He pointed to a friend’s posting on Facebook in the wake of the shooting: “I will own a gun soon enough. Weird I don’t already. I dare someone to come shoot my kindergartner.”

Many at the gun show echoed a line uttered by National Rifle Association Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre at a recent news conference: “The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.”

in front of my computer, WI
    Well, the politicians got their economic & jobs stimulus,
    plus a completely unexpected true homeland security force.
    If they keep going the way they've been going recently, they may come to regret that.

And the anti-rights folks will soon have overwhelming evidence (even more than there already is) that guns held by good law-abiding citizens are not dangerous to anyone except criminals.
    And deer. (And elk, and bear, & whatever other critters people hunt.)
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.