Thread: Best open carry

Best open carry

In your opinion what is the best state to open carry in? Personally I live in Kentucky and believe we have the most relaxed and least restrictive gun laws in the country

Quote Originally Posted by BerettaOC View Post
    In your opinion what is the best state to open carry in? Personally I live in Kentucky and believe we have the most relaxed and least restrictive gun laws in the country
    I prefer to carry in a confident & responsible state...and sometimes a slight sneer helps also.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Quote Originally Posted by BerettaOC View Post
    Can you provide a list of the restrictions you face, so we can meaningfully compare your plight to ours? Otherwise, I'm just hearing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ijkYkJfg0s .

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

It's pretty hard to beat Alaska. We have very few state gun laws and full state pre-emption. There are some places where carry is not permitted such as schools and courthouses. You can't carry concealed until you're 21 years old. Otherwise, you're pretty much good to go. No license or permit is required to carry openly or concealed.

In Kentucky you can open carry at 18 With no license or permit anywhere except courthouses and schools, you have to be 21 to have a concealed weapons permit the same as Alaska where no city can pass gun laws that conflict with the states law, even if a place has a sign saying no weapons you can still go in with your weapon but if they ask you to leave you must, you can open carry in your vehicle or any other factory issued storage compartment in your vehicle, you do not have to inform police if you have a weapon on you.

A true "Constitutional Carry" state would be best. No permits for open or concealed carry.

Open carrying where permits are needed for concealing exposes you to arrest for accidental concealing if you don't have said permit.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.