• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best open carry

BerettaOC

In your opinion what is the best state to open carry in? Personally I live in Kentucky and believe we have the most relaxed and least restrictive gun laws in the country

Lurchiron

In your opinion what is the best state to open carry in? Personally I live in Kentucky and believe we have the most relaxed and least restrictive gun laws in the country

I prefer to carry in a confident & responsible state...and sometimes a slight sneer helps also. :rolleyes:

Cavalryman

Campaign Veteran
It's pretty hard to beat Alaska. We have very few state gun laws and full state pre-emption. There are some places where carry is not permitted such as schools and courthouses. You can't carry concealed until you're 21 years old. Otherwise, you're pretty much good to go. No license or permit is required to carry openly or concealed.

BerettaOC

In Kentucky you can open carry at 18 With no license or permit anywhere except courthouses and schools, you have to be 21 to have a concealed weapons permit the same as Alaska where no city can pass gun laws that conflict with the states law, even if a place has a sign saying no weapons you can still go in with your weapon but if they ask you to leave you must, you can open carry in your vehicle or any other factory issued storage compartment in your vehicle, you do not have to inform police if you have a weapon on you.

MyWifeSaidYes

A true "Constitutional Carry" state would be best. No permits for open or concealed carry.

Open carrying where permits are needed for concealing exposes you to arrest for accidental concealing if you don't have said permit.