• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Family and I were asked to leave IHOP in lawton today by manager Kelly Day

Keylock

Never ask about signs. If you get to a business and it's posted, then CC if possible and if you just gotta have whatever it is they're selling... as I do with my local Hooters restaurant. :)

mark-in-texas

Let me get this straight.... They choose to appease a party of TWO by loosing a party of SIX.....after they made your food??? Damn stupid business decision!! I sure hope your waitress liked loosing the tip you'd have left. :banghead:

jrz_dad

Lol...

First, I had to log in so I could respond on this thread...andwhen it brought me back to the site, one of the advertisements at the top of THIS page states "FREE IHOP COUPONS"...I don't know about you, but I found that hilarious!!

Second, I live in Lawton and frequent that IHOP a lot...Im so damn mad now about how you were treated that I cannot decide how I want to proceed...part of me wants to OC there just to see what they will do...and they KNOW my face too - believe me...I'm seriously considering going there and giving them a piece of my mind, then leaving there forever...

I cannot believe that happened.....maybe we all should have a friendly get together there sometime and order LOTS of food...then once it arrives, we can remove our coats so our weapons are in the open (and maybe take a trip to the mens room so everyone can see them too!!)...then lets see if they want us to leave....

glock27OKC

First, I had to log in so I could respond on this thread...andwhen it brought me back to the site, one of the advertisements at the top of THIS page states "FREE IHOP COUPONS"...I don't know about you, but I found that hilarious!!

Second, I live in Lawton and frequent that IHOP a lot...Im so damn mad now about how you were treated that I cannot decide how I want to proceed...part of me wants to OC there just to see what they will do...and they KNOW my face too - believe me...I'm seriously considering going there and giving them a piece of my mind, then leaving there forever...

I cannot believe that happened.....maybe we all should have a friendly get together there sometime and order LOTS of food...then once it arrives, we can remove our coats so our weapons are in the open (and maybe take a trip to the mens room so everyone can see them too!!)...then lets see if they want us to leave....

I agree. If they want to loose all of the buisness from us OCers then so be it. But why not go in and see how they respond when we have already ordered about $150 in food.

The decision by business owners to not allow weapons inside makes them a target. I know if I were a criminal I would look for gunbuster signs. Those would be the places I would hit. I think having people OC inside there place of business is like a free form of security. I live in Del City and I eat at the Waffle House on I-40 and Sooner. Never had them say a word about my firearm. I think I will just continue eating at a place that appreciates the right to self protection.

Bullbuster

My family and I frequent the IHOP in on Air Depot just north of Tinker AFB in OKC. We have been on a first name basis with the staff and management for a long time. When I return from my deployment at the end of the month and finally get to OC (outside of my home and former place of employment) it will be interesting to see how they react. I have no problem not going again if something should happen. The Waffle House at Sooner/40 makes good biscuts and gravy as well. Have CC at both for a couple years now.
I'm sorry you had to have something like this happen to you and your family. I have had a few OC experiences that weren't of the brighter side when stationed in VA. But nothing like what you had happen.

arc37

IHop open carry

I have open carried several times at the IHop on Moore off of I-35 numerous times and one of the wait staff even mentioned that they remembered me by my weapon. I have not had even one problem at any establishment in the Moore area..

SSG Riser1981

good intention but may be the wrong approach

I know a lot of people have been outraged about the incident but it happens to all of us sometimes. I know it is not right what they did but we as 2nd Amendment, Pro Carry and Open carriers must always portray a professional calm appearance for the sake of our cause. I have been there when an individual has called me stupid, careless, criminal and many other words, harassed me and even in some events turned violent towards me and my friends who carry, some who knew me for years and just didn’t know I carried. I will inform all that since this thread many of my fellow Soldiers in my unit will be taking the OK SDA course next month that I had set up for them so they may file for their permits. I do think it is funny they all want to carry open the day they all get their permits and where do you think they want to go? Yep IHOP lol I love them like family but fire and gasoline just don’t mix. I do know of one Open carrier I will be having lunch with on Sunday was able to open carry at the Lawton IHOP, when I informed him on what happened, him and his wife who carry when to IHOP Open Carrying, lol They told him it was illegal to carry the firearm into IHOP and it was Illegal to open carry in OK, he informed them he was a lawyer and that it is not illegal on any of those counts and that if they simply posted a sign he would not have come inside IHOP. The same manager that informed me that my family had to leave IHOP. Long story short he and his wife finished their meal paid and left. I would have put more of the conversation between then and the manager but if I used is actual job as lawyer in this state you would be able to Google him and find out his name ECT and I’m not going to do that. I do like that there are some of the lawyers, law enforcement that are here to stand beside us in our quest for society to accept us as law abiding citizens.

oh got side tracked, it is one thing to take a stand but it is entirely different to cause a scene and allow the liberal media and the everyday citizen interpret us as unstable, crazy gun toting idiots that will shoot everyone if their eggs are not done right. Always remember be Polite, Respectful, Professional and Knowledgeable.

Last edited:

MKEgal

If I had been that waitress, or that manager, and the people threatened not to pay for their food, I think my response would have been something like:
"Wait right there, I'm going to go call the police! ... Hello, police, I have some customers here at IHOP who are threatening not to pay for the food they just ate. Thank you, I'll meet you at the door."

And if I were really annoyed, which I probably would be, I'd go to the citizens' table & whisper to them that they're welcome here any time, & stand by for a show. :D They might even speak up when the Nice Officer gets there, telling how they overheard the other customers saying they weren't going to pay.

glock27OKC said:
why not go in and see how they respond when we have already ordered about $150 in food.
Go in concealed, sit down, order, get the food, start eating, then remove your sweaters, sweatshirts, etc. & take turns going to the bathroom.
See if they want to turn you all away, lose all that business for good, or if maybe their little minds can comprehend that you're eating breakfast just like everyone else in the joint. Also be prepared to drop everything & walk out, leaving the meal unfinished, if they do have the gall to tell you your money is not wanted.

SSG Riser1981 said:
I have been there when an individual has called me stupid, careless, criminal and many other words, harassed me and even in some events turned violent towards me and my friends who carry
Thereby proving that they don't really think you're dangerous at all, or they'd have run the other way instead of trying to provoke you.
They get really annoyed when you point that out. (Calmly & politely, of course, with a smile on your face.) :rolleyes:

Last edited: