Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: The rise on gun sales.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Moore,Oklahoma
    Posts
    27

    The rise on gun sales.

    I have noticed that when ever we have a mass shooting in this country the sales of guns goes through the roof. Went to Academy in South OKC today to get some gun bore cleaner and look for another clip for my ruger LC9 which i could not find at all. Decided to make my way up to the gun counter which i had problems doing that due to so many people packed around it buying guns. When i got to the counter to just see what they have i noticed that alot of the small guns were sold such as the ruger LC9, and the S&W MP9. With all of the gun sales going on in this country i really hope that all of the gun owners will take the responsibility to secure there guns so no nut case will get a hold of them and go on a shooting rampage. Also noticed that i will have to wait to get me a gun safe that is fire proof they are all sold out also.

    Gregg

  2. #2
    Regular Member okiebryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Posts
    449
    I saw an LC9 mag at Bass Pro in Bricktown.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Glock 1st fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    310
    To be honest I have to agree I hope people who are purchasing a firearm truly understand what they are purchasing. What we see when legislation is threatened such as this is people start thinking they can buy up all the magazines or firearms they can get their hands on and turn a quick profit when the law changes. Now keep in mind I am all for gun owners and gun rights but people really should know what they are buying and how to maintain it and store it.

    If and I say if this legislation turns out to be a dud but brings about new changes such as better security in schools and malls but nothing towards the firearm itself then what we will see is a flooding of the market where alot of people want to attempt to get at least some of their money back. This constantly happens with everything and not just firearms. It could be generators for a big blizzard expected or it could be auto parts if the manufacturers predict a lengthy strike.

    When people start needing to recoup their money and fast then we see alot of street selling and this could be bad since some simply say cash and carry. Now if these firearms do somehow end up in the wrong hands all I can say is the government had a hand in it by fear mongering the people into going out their and buying guns to turn around and discharge them to God knows who.

    Now this is just a behind the scenes look at what happens when idiots like Feinstein open her mouth and scare people into buying everything up. They claim they are doing it for the good of the people yet they actually flood the market which contradicts their own agenda.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Gary S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Broken Arrow
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock 1st fan View Post
    To be honest I have to agree I hope people who are purchasing a firearm truly understand what they are purchasing. What we see when legislation is threatened such as this is people start thinking they can buy up all the magazines or firearms they can get their hands on and turn a quick profit when the law changes. Now keep in mind I am all for gun owners and gun rights but people really should know what they are buying and how to maintain it and store it.

    If and I say if this legislation turns out to be a dud but brings about new changes such as better security in schools and malls but nothing towards the firearm itself then what we will see is a flooding of the market where alot of people want to attempt to get at least some of their money back. This constantly happens with everything and not just firearms. It could be generators for a big blizzard expected or it could be auto parts if the manufacturers predict a lengthy strike.

    When people start needing to recoup their money and fast then we see alot of street selling and this could be bad since some simply say cash and carry. Now if these firearms do somehow end up in the wrong hands all I can say is the government had a hand in it by fear mongering the people into going out their and buying guns to turn around and discharge them to God knows who.

    Now this is just a behind the scenes look at what happens when idiots like Feinstein open her mouth and scare people into buying everything up. They claim they are doing it for the good of the people yet they actually flood the market which contradicts their own agenda.
    i agree with everything except people selling guns to god knows who. I won't do a sale like that, there are many places that you can take the person wanting to buy to and get the check done for a small fee, and that can be added to the price of the firearm. If someone wanted to buy a gun from me and there not family or someone i know really well, then meet me at such and such range, you can fire the gun and they will do the check for us.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Gary S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Broken Arrow
    Posts
    268
    Does anyone know where there still is some 9mm and 22 ammo in stock still. I promised my son some son and dad shooting time during his school winter break, but need more ammo to have my supply replenished. Ill buy from any one who may have some stock piled and wouldn't mind selling some. Thank you.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Glock 1st fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    310
    Gary walmart on 145 and 71 had some and so did Bixby. As to my comment earlier I wasnt saying responsible people would not do background checks. You and I would be very responsible in that aspect. I am just afraid alot of the people who are buying everything up seeing a chance to make bank on profit will just flush them out. Like I said its just scary to think some people never held a firearm or have never seen one and now they are buying huge quanities with no idea of how to keep them out of the hands of criminals or children. Thats all I was saying.

  7. #7
    Regular Member cbxer55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Midwest City, Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    129
    I would recommend anyone to have one of these for any handgun they own. And also keep one in your vehicle to secure your firearm when it is not on your person.

    http://www.epinions.com/review/Life_...761128580?sb=1

    To the topic of all of thes gun sales. It makes me happy that some folks are waking up. Sadly, if they ever decide to disarm us, at gun point, all these guns are registered, and they know where to come and collect them. I hope that day never comes, and a lot of Police and Military said they would not participate due to the danger it would entail.

    There are a lot of nutcases out there, and sadly there is no real easy way to control that. The only defense against an armed nutcase is a GOOD GUY WITH A FIREARM. Nothing else will work, period.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 12-31-2012 at 12:28 PM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Glock 1st fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    I would recommend anyone to have one of these for any handgun they own. And also keep one in your vehicle to secure your firearm when it is not on your person.

    To the topic of all of thes gun sales. It makes me happy that some folks are waking up. Sadly, if they ever decide to disarm us, at gun point, all these guns are registered, and they know where to come and collect them. I hope that day never comes, and a lot of Police and Military said they would not participate due to the danger it would entail.

    There are a lot of nutcases out there, and sadly there is no real easy way to control that. The only defense against an armed nutcase is a GOOD GUY WITH A FIREARM. Nothing else will work, period.
    very well said

  9. #9
    Regular Member Keylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    197
    When it comes time to register them, odds are that most firearms owners will acquiesce. Few will fight because they have family to think of when the traitors come to confiscate.

    Gun control is people control is genocide. Nothing new under the sun...

  10. #10
    Regular Member Gary S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Broken Arrow
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock 1st fan View Post
    Gary walmart on 145 and 71 had some and so did Bixby. As to my comment earlier I wasnt saying responsible people would not do background checks. You and I would be very responsible in that aspect. I am just afraid alot of the people who are buying everything up seeing a chance to make bank on profit will just flush them out. Like I said its just scary to think some people never held a firearm or have never seen one and now they are buying huge quanities with no idea of how to keep them out of the hands of criminals or children. Thats all I was saying.
    I feel that if someone does sell a gun without a check done and said gun is then used in a crime seller needs to be held liable, that's a form of gun control i can agree with.
    Thank you for the ammo tip although when i got there all shelves were empty. My step daughter works nights at wal-mart, im going to have her look in the mornings for me and buy them when she sees them.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Keylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary S View Post
    I feel that if someone does sell a gun without a check done and said gun is then used in a crime seller needs to be held liable, that's a form of gun control i can agree with.
    Thank you for the ammo tip although when i got there all shelves were empty. My step daughter works nights at wal-mart, im going to have her look in the mornings for me and buy them when she sees them.

    I disagree. If Home Depot sells a hammer to a guy in New York and he kills his grandmother with it, is Home Depot liable? No.

    Firearms are tools. The seller has no moral obligation or responsibility after the sale is final. Gun control is immoral and can/may lead to death at the hands of government, which kills more people than the criminal element of society. Ban government and maybe then I'll consider gun control...

  12. #12
    Regular Member Gary S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Broken Arrow
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Keylock View Post
    I disagree. If Home Depot sells a hammer to a guy in New York and he kills his grandmother with it, is Home Depot liable? No.

    Firearms are tools. The seller has no moral obligation or responsibility after the sale is final. Gun control is immoral and can/may lead to death at the hands of government, which kills more people than the criminal element of society. Ban government and maybe then I'll consider gun control...
    I do agree with you yet my point its already a law weather we like it or not so that would be the responsible thing to do. I defiantly don't want more gun control laws because it won't do any good what they are wanting to try and do. They need to focus on what's on the books now. Since it is law and if done the right way it would be harder for the bad guys to get hold of guns. I know that i wouldn't take the risk of selling someone any dangerous tool if i think they could or would do any crime with it.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Keylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary S View Post
    I do agree with you yet my point its already a law weather we like it or not so that would be the responsible thing to do. I defiantly don't want more gun control laws because it won't do any good what they are wanting to try and do. They need to focus on what's on the books now. Since it is law and if done the right way it would be harder for the bad guys to get hold of guns. I know that i wouldn't take the risk of selling someone any dangerous tool if i think they could or would do any crime with it.
    Which is why as a member of the Tenth Amendment Center, I advocate the most peaceful, effective method of restraining the fed.gov... Nullification. The states created the central government and thus have the responsibility and duty to rein it in when it oversteps the enumerated powers listed in Article 1, Section 8.

    Article 6, second paragraph states that in order for federal laws to be supreme, they must be done in PURSUANCE thereof... otherwise they are null and void.

    Thomas Aquinas wrote,

    "Laws framed by man are either just or unjust. If they be just, they have the power of binding in conscience, from the eternal law whence they are derived, according to Prov. 8:15: “By Me kings reign, and lawgivers decree just things.”

    On the other hand laws may be unjust in two ways: first, by being contrary to human good… The like are acts of violence rather than laws; because, as Augustine says (De Lib. Arb. i, 5), “a law that is not just, seems to be no law at all.”

    Secondly, laws may be unjust through being opposed to the Divine good: such are the laws of tyrants inducing to idolatry, or to anything else contrary to the Divine law: and laws of this kind must nowise be observed, because, as stated in Acts 5:29, “we ought to obey God rather than man.”
    Martin Luther King Jr. said,

    You express a great deal of anxiety over our willingness to break laws. This is certainly a legitimate concern. One may well ask: “How can you advocate breaking some laws and obeying others?” The answer lies in the fact that there are two types of laws: just and unjust. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that “an unjust law is no law at all.”

    Now, what is the difference between the two? How does one determine whether a law is just or unjust? A just law is a man made code that squares with the moral law or the law of God. An unjust law is a code that is out of harmony with the moral law. To put it in the terms of St. Thomas Aquinas: An unjust law is a human law that is not rooted in eternal law and natural law. Any law that uplifts human personality is just. Any law that degrades human personality is unjust.

    There is nothing new about civil disobedience. It was evidenced sublimely in the refusal of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego to obey the laws of Nebuchadnezzar, on the ground that a higher moral law was at stake. It was practiced superbly by the early Christians, who were willing to face hungry lions and the excruciating pain of chopping blocks rather than submit to certain unjust laws of the Roman Empire. To a degree, academic freedom is a reality today because Socrates practiced civil disobedience. In our own nation, the Boston Tea Party represented a massive act of civil disobedience.
    The question then to be asked... what is the purpose of government. That answer is simple and found in the Declaration of Independence,

    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,...
    Thus, the only valid purpose of government is to protect the natural rights of life, liberty and property. But as Frédéric Bastiat points out in The Law,

    The law perverted! The law — and, in its wake, all the collective forces of the nation — the law, I say, not only diverted from its proper direction, but made to pursue one entirely contrary! The law become the tool of every kind of avarice, instead of being its check! The law guilty of that very iniquity which it was its mission to punish! Truly, this is a serious fact, if it exists, and one to which I feel bound to call the attention of my fellow citizens.
    I personally could care less what a person does with something I sold them. That's not my business. We can't legislate morality, only punish and restitute those who violate Life, Liberty and Property. And I personally don't think government does an effective job of protecting those three simple things. It can be done via the free market system.
    Last edited by Keylock; 12-31-2012 at 10:23 PM.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Robert318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Choctaw, OK
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary S View Post
    I do agree with you yet my point its already a law weather we like it or not so that would be the responsible thing to do. I defiantly don't want more gun control laws because it won't do any good what they are wanting to try and do. They need to focus on what's on the books now. Since it is law and if done the right way it would be harder for the bad guys to get hold of guns. I know that i wouldn't take the risk of selling someone any dangerous tool if i think they could or would do any crime with it.
    What current laws actually stop the bad guy from buying guns thru already illegal channels? Those current laws requiring back ground checks only stop those with bad intentions that aren't career criminals.

    I do agree with your consciousness about not being part of enabling someone with bad intentions to do others harm, it's just to bad the laws makers and gun grabbers that created laws like the GFSZA and other laws that unarm good people don't have that consciousness too, or realize that all the victims blood of people in those zones or places are on their hands just as the ones that actually committed the act of violence.
    Stay safe and God bless.

    Everyone will hate you because of me.
    But not a hair of your head will perish.
    Stand firm, and you will win life.
    (Luke 21:17-19 NIV)

    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them.",
    "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms."Thomas Jefferson

  15. #15
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ashland, KY
    Posts
    1,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert318 View Post
    What current laws actually stop the bad guy from buying guns thru already illegal channels? Those current laws requiring back ground checks only stop those with bad intentions that aren't career criminals.

    I do agree with your consciousness about not being part of enabling someone with bad intentions to do others harm, it's just to bad the laws makers and gun grabbers that created laws like the GFSZA and other laws that unarm good people don't have that consciousness too, or realize that all the victims blood of people in those zones or places are on their hands just as the ones that actually committed the act of violence.
    Could you tell me of any specific legislation that could stop a criminal from illegally obtaining a firearm? We could have a thousand laws on the books, but they would NEVER accomplish what people claim. A criminal is a criminal because he violates the law. Where is the logic behind so many of these suggestions where someone suggests another law will somehow stop a criminal from illegally obtaining a firearm?

    A criminal will always find a way to obtain the tools to conduct their business. The only thing the legislation that is currently coming out of Washington will do is infringe on the law-abiding citizen's right to keep and bear arms. It will do NOTHING to stop a criminal from obtaining them, because the DO NOT CARE what the LAW states.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Robert318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Choctaw, OK
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Could you tell me of any specific legislation that could stop a criminal from illegally obtaining a firearm? We could have a thousand laws on the books, but they would NEVER accomplish what people claim. A criminal is a criminal because he violates the law. Where is the logic behind so many of these suggestions where someone suggests another law will somehow stop a criminal from illegally obtaining a firearm?

    A criminal will always find a way to obtain the tools to conduct their business. The only thing the legislation that is currently coming out of Washington will do is infringe on the law-abiding citizen's right to keep and bear arms. It will do NOTHING to stop a criminal from obtaining them, because the DO NOT CARE what the LAW states.
    Isn't that what I said in not so many words? The current laws only stop people with bad intentions that don't normally commit crimes or know black market channels.
    Stay safe and God bless.

    Everyone will hate you because of me.
    But not a hair of your head will perish.
    Stand firm, and you will win life.
    (Luke 21:17-19 NIV)

    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them.",
    "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms."Thomas Jefferson

  17. #17
    Regular Member Glock 1st fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    A criminal will always find a way to obtain the tools to conduct their business. The only thing the legislation that is currently coming out of Washington will do is infringe on the law-abiding citizen's right to keep and bear arms. It will do NOTHING to stop a criminal from obtaining them, because the DO NOT CARE what the LAW states.
    Very true. I have been doing law enforcement for nearly 20 years and I have yet to find someone who is willing to do the following and worry about one more law.

    Sample only:
    A man is going to do a mass shooting somewhere restricted. Say a court house. The guy
    1.) Is a convict so he gets a firearm illegally
    2.) gets massive amounts of ammunition of a restrictive nature (As described by the sda.
    3.) murders his family
    4.) enters the courthouse illegally
    5.) Commits mass murder.
    6.) modifies a tactical rifle illegally to shoot full auto
    7.) commits suicide

    Now with exception to number 7 all the above carry stiff penalties. Before he even gets to number 7 he has committed how many felonies? Do you think the think he is really thinking about "Man I cant buy a high capacity magazine?" Or do you think the threat of federal prison time for illegally modifying a firearm to be full auto is going to deter him?

    The problem is with a few exceptions most of these piss ants intend on dieing anyway so they dont fear some dingbat thinking that taking away firearms and threatning serious consequences and thus there is no deterent. Even if this bill passes do you think a criminal will run down to the courthouse and pay a tax stamp and state the purpose of owning a firearm is the next big shooting next month?

    People are living in a dream land and because their dreamland is polluted it runs down to the rest of us and were the ones getting killed because some dingy woman with armed guards took are right to defense away.
    Last edited by Glock 1st fan; 01-01-2013 at 02:26 PM.

  18. #18
    Regular Member donsadlerjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    83
    So what i hope is all this gets shot down and they have a influx of guns and need to get them in the market and the price just drops like a rock. That is good for me the guy waiting in line for a AR and some ammo and Mags.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Robert318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Choctaw, OK
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock 1st fan View Post
    People are living in a dream land and because their dreamland is polluted it runs down to the rest of us and were the ones getting killed because some dingy woman with armed guards took are right to defense away.
    So true
    Stay safe and God bless.

    Everyone will hate you because of me.
    But not a hair of your head will perish.
    Stand firm, and you will win life.
    (Luke 21:17-19 NIV)

    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them.",
    "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms."Thomas Jefferson

  20. #20
    Regular Member Keylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock 1st fan View Post
    People are living in a dream land and because their dreamland is polluted it runs down to the rest of us and were the ones getting killed because some dingy woman with armed guards took are right to defense away.
    Keep in mind that although .gov may infringe on rights, they are incapable of taking them away as they are gifted to us by our creator. Only he can take them away via our death. For this reason, I actually support those who have served their time and/or made restitution for past crimes being able to possess firearms. No government has the moral authority to deny anyone of the right to self defense, speech, religion, assembly, etc.


    Repeal of the 2nd Amendment would not Abolish any Right

    http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2012...ish-any-right/
    Last edited by Keylock; 01-01-2013 at 07:37 PM.

  21. #21
    Regular Member Gary S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Broken Arrow
    Posts
    268
    My whole main thing is we do not need more laws they don't enforce the ones already on the books, and we don't need them either. I personally feel get rid of all gun control laws and watch the violent crimes drop, would all crime stop, no but they will drop. I know people who did something in there past due to bad times in there life, but since have changed there ways but due to the mistakes, they can not protect themselves.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •