Thread: Question about schools and signage

Question about schools and signage

Howdy,

Here in my home state, the schools have "Gun Free Zone" signs (gag) posted near the property line of the schools. I know Kommiefornia (sorry if this hurts your feelins) has a law against pretty much every weapon imaginable on school grounds. But, do they have signs posted on the school boundary letting people know this or do they just assume everybody is a lawyer?

If anybody knows and could list the regulation for required signage (if it exists) that would be helpful.

Thanks a bunch.

Really, come in here, call us 'Kommies' and expect a nice answer...

CA PC 626.9

sorry if that offended you, but your state is run by commies.

I know about 626, I was asking more specifically if there is a requirement that signage be posted at the schools notifying people of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by imalurker View Post
    sorry if that offended you, but your state is run by commies.

I know about 626, I was asking more specifically if there is a requirement that signage be posted at the schools notifying people of the law.
    There is no law indicating that signage of any sort is mandated. (In fact, if I recall correctly, the orginal bill analysis indicated that there wouldnt be any requirement for signage.) While there are "School Zone" signs posted near schools to identify crossings, they do not indicate the 1000 foot invisible bubble where guns are prohibited.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    There is no law indicating that signage of any sort is mandated. (In fact, if I recall correctly, the orginal bill analysis indicated that there wouldnt be any requirement for signage.) While there are "School Zone" signs posted near schools to identify crossings, they do not indicate the 1000 foot invisible bubble where guns are prohibited.
    Thanks!

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    With no signs whatsoever, or stripes painted on the roadway marking 1,000 feet from school property, even if you don't know it's there, please feel free to violate the law without even knowing it. Such is the wisdom of your state and federal legislators.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    With no signs whatsoever, or stripes painted on the roadway marking 1,000 feet from school property, even if you don't know it's there, please feel free to violate the law without even knowing it. Such is the wisdom of your state and federal legislators.
    With the prohibitions made in invisible bubbles, prosecutors are happy to educate those who stumble into them unwittingly. Just ask Theseus.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by imalurker View Post
    Thanks!
    What it comes down to is Legalized ? Entrapment, and thereby being able to stick a no guns life time penalty
    and they make a lot of money off you.

However you can carry an under 2 inch blade swithblade pocket knife GRAND ! Robin47