• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about schools and signage

imalurker

Howdy,

Here in my home state, the schools have "Gun Free Zone" signs (gag) posted near the property line of the schools. I know Kommiefornia (sorry if this hurts your feelins) has a law against pretty much every weapon imaginable on school grounds. But, do they have signs posted on the school boundary letting people know this or do they just assume everybody is a lawyer?

If anybody knows and could list the regulation for required signage (if it exists) that would be helpful.

Thanks a bunch.

imalurker

sorry if that offended you, but your state is run by commies.

I know about 626, I was asking more specifically if there is a requirement that signage be posted at the schools notifying people of the law.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
sorry if that offended you, but your state is run by commies.

I know about 626, I was asking more specifically if there is a requirement that signage be posted at the schools notifying people of the law.

There is no law indicating that signage of any sort is mandated. (In fact, if I recall correctly, the orginal bill analysis indicated that there wouldnt be any requirement for signage.) While there are "School Zone" signs posted near schools to identify crossings, they do not indicate the 1000 foot invisible bubble where guns are prohibited.

imalurker

There is no law indicating that signage of any sort is mandated. (In fact, if I recall correctly, the orginal bill analysis indicated that there wouldnt be any requirement for signage.) While there are "School Zone" signs posted near schools to identify crossings, they do not indicate the 1000 foot invisible bubble where guns are prohibited.

Thanks!

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
With no signs whatsoever, or stripes painted on the roadway marking 1,000 feet from school property, even if you don't know it's there, please feel free to violate the law without even knowing it. Such is the wisdom of your state and federal legislators.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
With no signs whatsoever, or stripes painted on the roadway marking 1,000 feet from school property, even if you don't know it's there, please feel free to violate the law without even knowing it. Such is the wisdom of your state and federal legislators.

With the prohibitions made in invisible bubbles, prosecutors are happy to educate those who stumble into them unwittingly. Just ask Theseus.