Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Multi Fire Glock"

"Multi Fire Glock"

There's a letter to the editor today in my local newspaper saying that ordinary citizens shouldn't be allowed to own "multi fire Glocks".

Would anyone care to explain to me just what this is?

Checking out any newspaper lately will result in seriously flawed opinions. The misinformed need some educating ... but sometimes you can't fix stupid.

Glock 18?

Most likely not just some idiot thtat is trying to make guns sound bad.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Probably want us to carry single round magazines too.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Maybe it's like that 1911 that I've seen where they basically have two guns side-by-side as one gun. That way when you pull the triggers two bullets fire.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnspecial View Post
    There's a letter to the editor today in my local newspaper saying that ordinary citizens shouldn't be allowed to own "multi fire Glocks".

Would anyone care to explain to me just what this is?
    Obviously its a cooking device for backwoods survivalists. Eighteen hot meals, no matter the weather.

Every camper should have two.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

It's like "multi-speed transmissions" in cars. Our forefathers were well served with a single-speed transmission in their early Model A's and Benz'. Multi-speed transmissions enabled people to flout speed laws with impunity, just like firearms that can fire more than one shot without time consuming reloading only enable the wicked in society. ... and we really, really need an ironic/sarcastic font, don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Obviously its a cooking device for backwoods survivalists. Eighteen hot meals, no matter the weather.

Every camper should have two.

I'm glad someone finally figured out a use for those plastic guns

I'm sure they would burn pretty good if needed

In all seriousness, the entire letter was full of typical anti-gun crap and seemed to have been written by someone who just googled a couple of gun words and threw them in for dramatic effect without actually understanding what they meant. The main crux of the letter was talking about the fortune 500 companies having a stake in assault weapon manufacture, including "Colt Defense, a spin off of the maker of the .44-40 revolver". Here's a snippet with "multi fire glock" in context

Make no mistake, debate over gun control is going to become very heated. Citi- zens feel the government is trying to take away their gun rights! In fact, when the law is modified there will be a definition with clarity on the sale and ownership of AK47-type rifles and Glock multi-fire handguns. When the battle reaches into the pocket of the greedy, amor- al Fortune 500 corporations, we will see if the people of the United States vs. the powerful gun control lobby will prevail with more com- mon sense.
    (By the way, does anyone know when Colt last chambered the SAA in 44-40? I don't think they've made one since the '20s)

Quote Originally Posted by bunnspecial View Post
    (By the way, does anyone know when Colt last chambered the SAA in 44-40? I don't think they've made one since the '20s)
    According to the Colt Catalog, the Colt SAA is available today in .44-40 caliber (Blue/color case finish or full blue finish) for only $1,390 orNickel for $1,680. (Also available in .45LC, .44Special, .38-40 and .357Magnum). Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

I think a "multi-fire Glock" would be a Glock with the magazine inserted.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Normal people would think that after. Who knows what journalists and anti-gunners think it means? They're probably concerned its a tool for a serial arsonist.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Technically wouldn't it be best described as a "single-fire, multi-round Glock/Sig/Taurus/1911/S&W M&P/Kimber,etc/all revolvers, too"? (Perhaps there should be a ban on idiots writing letters to the editor.) Pax...
    Last edited by Gil223; 12-31-2012 at 03:04 PM.
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Multi-fire glocks are the perfect accessory to go with your double pump action shotgun. I personally like to load my multi-fire glock with heat seeking bullets as sometimes the shoulder thing that goes up obstructs my sights and makes it hard to aim the old fashoined way.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Any Glock with a standard-capacity factory-issue magazine which is loaded with tracer rounds?
    Esp. if there hasn't been much rain, those can start fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Any Glock with a standard-capacity factory-issue magazine which is loaded with tracer rounds?
    Esp. if there hasn't been much rain, those can start fires.
    Gubbermint is prolly afraid of 'em because those are kinda like having your pitchfork and torch all rolled into one.

I think a more pertinent question would be what's this "newspaper" thing you're talking about? I thought those were extinct...
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.
    XD40 Service
    -Hogue Handall grip sleeve
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    -TruGlo TFO night sights
    Olympic Arms K16-SST
    -16" stainless bull-barrel
    -Quad-rail forearm
    -Millet SP2 red-dot scope
    -Fore grip w/ bi-pod
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    KelTec P11
    -Bone stock; Not much you can do to these little guys.
    No one can make a pencil...

Do you have a link to the article?
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Do you have a link to the article?
    I'm not sure you understand the concept of newspaper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysf8x477c30

I find this video to be very relevant. It is a police officer actually explaining the true function of semi-auto vs a full-auto rifle.
    "Truth is treason in an empire of lies" - Ron Paul
    Government can neither guarantee nor grant safety. The supreme affirmed as much when they stated police have no duty to protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I'm not sure you understand the concept of newspaper.
    My local paper also publishes online. I was hoping his did the same.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    My local paper also publishes online. I was hoping his did the same.
    I know. It was just the first smart-alecky remark to tease you that popped to mind.

The newspaper is the Frankfort State Journal, www.state-journal.com

The paper puts PDFs of the of the newspaper online, but they require a subscription to the paper to access them. Normally the letters to the editor are also published on the website in the form of a clickable/linkable article, but for whatever reason none of the opinion pages were for this Sunday's paper. I really wish that I could provide a link, but can't other. If you really want to read it, pay $5 at the link above and view page D2 for 12/30/12.

If you hold a blowtorch to the frame of a Glock, it will become a single-fire Glock. If you use more than one torch in different locations on the frame, it will become a multi-fire Glock for a time, and then revert to single-fire state.

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Multi-fire glocks are the perfect accessory to go with your double pump action shotgun. I personally like to load my multi-fire glock with heat seeking bullets as sometimes the shoulder thing that goes up obstructs my sights and makes it hard to aim the old fashoined way.
    Thanks for the laugh.

As for the double pump gun though I think I found the video of it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdnsJD7OmuM
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    It's like "multi-speed transmissions" in cars. Our forefathers were well served with a single-speed transmission in their early Model A's and Benz'. Multi-speed transmissions enabled people to flout speed laws with impunity, just like firearms that can fire more than one shot without time consuming reloading only enable the wicked in society. ... and we really, really need an ironic/sarcastic font, don't we?
    You don't NEED a vehicle with an engine. Stick with a horse. One horse power. That's all any person needs. But even that may be an excessive need. So, no horse for you. Stick with the Cadillac's at the end of your legs. That's all you need. Think of the children. And the environment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast