• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Multi Fire Glock"

bunnspecial

The newspaper is the Frankfort State Journal, www.state-journal.com

The paper puts PDFs of the of the newspaper online, but they require a subscription to the paper to access them. Normally the letters to the editor are also published on the website in the form of a clickable/linkable article, but for whatever reason none of the opinion pages were for this Sunday's paper. I really wish that I could provide a link, but can't other. If you really want to read it, pay $5 at the link above and view page D2 for 12/30/12.

Johnny W

If you hold a blowtorch to the frame of a Glock, it will become a single-fire Glock. If you use more than one torch in different locations on the frame, it will become a multi-fire Glock for a time, and then revert to single-fire state.

Freedom1Man

Keylock

It's like "multi-speed transmissions" in cars. Our forefathers were well served with a single-speed transmission in their early Model A's and Benz'. Multi-speed transmissions enabled people to flout speed laws with impunity, just like firearms that can fire more than one shot without time consuming reloading only enable the wicked in society. ... and we really, really need an ironic/sarcastic font, don't we?

You don't NEED a vehicle with an engine. Stick with a horse. One horse power. That's all any person needs. But even that may be an excessive need. So, no horse for you. Stick with the Cadillac's at the end of your legs. That's all you need. Think of the children. And the environment.

bunnspecial

I'm hesitant to copy and paste the full letter due to copyright concerns.

On the positive side, however, there was one very well written, articulate pro gun letter in the paper today which defended the right to own modern semi-automatic sporting rifles(and even addressed the fact that these guns are not "assault weapons"). The letter was written by a prominent local gentleman who served 20+ years as a state policeman, and a number of years after that as the county sheriff. All hope is not lost in Frankfort!