• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Valero stores in Ponca City have dropped the gun busters

websterz

3 of the Valero stores in Ponca are owned by the same guy, and when OC became law he posted his stores with signs "No weapons allowed except for police." I talked with the gal working the register that first day and she knew nothing about it. I explained to her that the signs won't stop folks with bad intentions, they will only keep the good guys from spending money there...talk about a deer-in-the-headlights look!

Fast forward 6 weeks and the signs have mysteriously disappeared so I go in for a little fact-finding mission. Apparently the store owner decided that it would be better to have legal guns welcome in his POB in case an illegal gun wandered in and started trouble. I told the (different) gal at the counter that I was glad to hear it and tucked in my shirt so my CZ82 could get some air. She smiled and said she was glad to see folks carrying in the store...made her feel safer as she had been robbed before.

Another win for the sane guys!! :banana::banana::banana:

metz

good to hear, ok people see what just a couple minutes of your time explaining things may get you, i'v found that a lot of the owners/managers dont even know that you have to be licensed to carry, my sisters boss at family dollar thought anyone as of nov 1st could openly carry a gun...if these people are willing to listen we can get the correct info across to them and in return maybe a win for us and of course the store ,employees and general public, carry on guys..keep fighting

pickupm

I Support Open Carry in Oklahoma facebook group

For some reason the link to this was reported by Facebook users???! Do we have a troll in the group?!

MKEgal

metz said:
a lot of the owners/managers dont even know that you have to be licensed to carry, my sisters boss at family dollar thought anyone as of nov 1st could openly carry a gun.
You say that as though there were something wrong with it.
Look at the states which don't interfere with the right to carry, look at the states which don't interfere with the right to carry openly, & compare their rates of problems with problems from states which require a license to OC.

Keylock

You say that as though there were something wrong with it.
Look at the states which don't interfere with the right to carry, look at the states which don't interfere with the right to carry openly, & compare their rates of problems with problems from states which require a license to OC.

I think his point was that many business owners in Oklahoma are ignorant of the facts. Nothing wrong with Constitutional Carry (it should be the norm for all states), but in OK we have to deal with it for the moment and as such the permit indicates that we've been 'vetted' by the state and aren't a problem. As I often tell business owners since OC went into effect, their gun buster signs aren't going to stop criminals, only law abiding money spenders.

metz

I think his point was that many business owners in Oklahoma are ignorant of the facts. Nothing wrong with Constitutional Carry (it should be the norm for all states), but in OK we have to deal with it for the moment and as such the permit indicates that we've been 'vetted' by the state and aren't a problem. As I often tell business owners since OC went into effect, their gun buster signs aren't going to stop criminals, only law abiding money spenders.

thank you keylock, that was my intended point, the manager was turned off by the oc law due to gang members in that area openly carrying there weapons hanging out there waistband and pockets, but if he was up to date on the facts he would know that the general public did have to have a license to carry concealed and open as well as if said person wanted to carry openly it has to be holstered on the hip or shoulder holster or in that manner, NOT just anywhere they could stick it. and further more yes i somewhat agree with the everyone should be aloud to carry...somewhat...im sure most or all of you know at least one but probly more indiviguals that have NO business with a gun period due to lack of common knowledge of firearms or just a iresponsible person when it comes to firearms, imo yes there should be freedom, to have and carry weapons, but with my point iv maid above, how do we maintain our freedom and not violate someones rights by saying you cant have this unless u do this first ? im simply saying i am in favor of people being aloud to carry guns freely, but only if there responsible. i personaly think everyone should receive unless exempt from it by military or law enforcment training some form of weapons training if there not familiar or just dont practice gun safety. im sure i'v ruffled a few feathers with this, if so im sorry, but this is my opinion , i practice gun safety and dont stand for stupidity around guns in my presence.

Pulp

The new Valeros at McArthur and Memorial is still posted. Stupid gas pump wouldn't give me a receipt and I had to go in to get it. I didn't notice the sign till I opened the door to leave. Good thing I wasn't carrying.:rolleyes:

Archerman99

Websterz - Good Job!

We should all be outspoken advocates for legal carry, be it concealed or open (preferably open)
Thanks for the effort, looks like your talk with the employee got the ball rolling on this one!