• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

nevada resident seeking WA concealed carry permit

oneeyeross

Though this is a CPL issue and the thread is off topic, a permit from Nevada is valid in Washington. Its really not an option for the states.
I still don't understand why the states do not follow the Constitution, (HAHAHAHA SARCASM).

US Constitution,
Article. IV.
Section. 1.

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

Section. 2.

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.
This part:

And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof

This means Congress can decide which acts, records and judicial proceedings are proved, and the effect they have. Congress has not (yet) decided that CPLs are valid state to state.

fetch

oneeyeross,
I strongly disagree. For one thing "may" also means "1. possibility", (WEBSTERS). Saying Congress "may prescribe by general laws", is different than saying "will or shall". They haven't "prescribed" anything.
Until Congress does "prescribe the manner" the first part of Art. 4 sect. 1 holds true,
"Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State."

hermannr

In my no so humble opinion...(opinions are like behinds, everyone has one, and they all stink)

I do not know of any School gun free zone conviction that was not just some secondary charge for some other violation of the law. Personally, I do believe that if someone were to be charge with the Federal School GFZ law, by and of itself only...it would fail, just like the original one did.

I don't even consider it when I plan my activities. First, I have to ask...what Non-resident would "Know" (remember, it require you to "Knowingly" violate that 1000' zone) where or where not the Zone is. No state, not even NYC posts that say "you are now entering the 1000' Federal GFZ"

sudden valley gunner

It's easy to theorize on the internet, but in real life it all depends on how many fines, how much jail time, and what kind of criminal record you are willing to bet with, and how much money you are willing to spend on a defense. And the government has a lot more money to pay their lawyers with. Just stating reality.

Yep, if millionaires like Milken and Stewart can't fight the ridiculous charges against them........ and this is how they will continue to win. Maybe after they financially collapse we can start exercising our fundamental rights.....:p