• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mass School Shootings up Four fold after passage of Gun Free School Zones act

ccwinstructor

Centurion
A graph prepared by an author and member of the state gun rights group Georgia Carry.org notes a marked increase in active killer events in spite of federal laws intended to help curb such incidents. GCO research staffer Michael Menkus, previously brought to the attention of Gun Rights Examiner readers as the author of “Guns Good Bans Bad - An Analysis of U.S. Department of Justice 2010 Crime Statistics,” recently completed a chart that demonstrates a quadrupling of these events (see photo accompanying this column).

“Along with studying how changes in carry laws change crime rates, I also study Active Killer events and decided to look at the impact of the Gun-Free School Zone law,” Menkus told Gun Rights Examiner.

“I found two interesting things. First, since the law was enacted we went from one incident every decade to four,” he reported. “Second, guess whose bill the original GFSZA was in? The guy President Obama just selected to spearhead the White House response to the Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting. “

“The sponsor of the Crime Control Act of 1990 which included the GFSZA was then-Senator Joe Biden,” a GeorgiaCarry.Org email blast to its members confirmed, asking and concluding “Will Joe Biden tarnish his legacy and admit his Gun-Free School Zone Act has endangered our children? We don't think so, either.”

“Using news media sources and focusing on Active Killer events with four or more intentionally murdered victims, over a short period of time, within a school or university, GeorgiaCarry.Org's research staff totaled the number of Active Killer events (on y-axis) within discrete five year periods (on x-axis),” the membership email reported.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gun...ts-quadrupled-after-gun-free-school-zones-act

zack991

It amazes me people are puzzled by this, when you have a media that runs around like a bunch of blood thirsty dogs and they are in the face of all those family members hurting. Then they show and talk about this sicko 24/7. Even after months have past they rip open that wound to let it bleed some more. What sicko wouldn't want that attention, can you say duh.

Last edited:

matt2636

yeah but can you count colleges? cause they arnt covered under the GFSZA right? i thought that was more of a state thing or rules set by the college?

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Mass Shootings not Increasing, But Schools Shootings have increased since 1990.

How does your assertion/statistic manage to exist if this http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-mass-shootings-common-20121218,0,6511082.story is also correct?

Not really challenging your figures. Just trying to show why there are lies, damn lies, and statistics in that order.

stay safe.

It is school shootings that have increased, not total mass shootings. Not too surprising given the GFSZ act and the MSM coverage of school shootings.