Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Is Oak Harbor going to follow Seattle into lawsuit club?

Arms are arms, I am not one to suggest what type to carry. I will be OC my xdm 45 3.8 though.

Recent develop with me, personally

I was informed by my Commanding Officer on Friday that someone, and I am not sure who but suspect a city council member, called the Commanding Officer of Naval Air Station, Whidbey Island and complained about my activities. My CO was fully prepared to answer him because the day that the first newspaper article came out I sent it to him and links to the video. So...it was a dead issue with my chain of command; and, in fact, since my CO was previously briefed, I think it looked pretty good that he already had all the answers he needed :-). We have got to watch our backs and be prepared for the gun grabbers to do anything they can to keep us quiet.

I was supposed to meet with Joel Servatius this morning. He's one of the very anti-gun members of the council. He cancelled using the excuse "some other meeting came up". I replied to his email, "what day/time works to reschedule?" He hasn't answered, I don't think he will.
    Last edited by NavyLCDR; 01-22-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Dang I wish you could edit the "headline!"

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I was informed by my Commanding Officer on Friday that someone, and I am not sure who but suspect a city council member, called the Commanding Officer of Naval Air Station, Whidbey Island and complained about my activities. My CO was fully prepared to answer him because the day that the first newspaper article came out I sent it to him and links to the video. So...it was a dead issue with my chain of command; and, in fact, since my CO was previously briefed, I think it looked pretty good that he already had all the answers he needed :-). We have got to watch our backs and be prepared for the gun grabbers to do anything they can to keep us quiet.

I was supposed to meet with Joel Servatius this morning. He's one of the very anti-gun members of the council. He cancelled using the excuse "some other meeting came up". I replied to his email, "what day/time works to reschedule?" He hasn't answered, I don't think he will.
    I plan on attending an upcoming council meeting. I encourage others to do the same. Multiple and different faces at different council meetings. Sometimes speaking, sometimes not. No rhyme or reason, just a continued citizen watch on the activities of government. Until they realize we are serious about their actions as council members and serious about their oath.
    Live Free or Die!

I would love to help plan this and attend, but I am out of state on military orders for the first couple weeks of February.

One thing I would highly suggest is to get the group together before and plan what each speaker is going to say. You only get three minutes and it is impossible to cover more than one point in three minutes. In order to not just have 5 or 6 people say the same thing, get together and make sure that you each are making a different point during your three minutes.

Re: Is Oak Harbor going to follow Seattle into lawsuit club?

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Apparently this situation is on the verge of going viral. One of my wife's friends from back in NY had actually heard about it thru shtfgear.com and was asking her about it.
    it has gone viral, I saw it on reddit.com yesterday myself. I read through half this thread before I realized it was the same incident as the video.

I wholeheartedly agree with carrying to any meeting in which this guy attends so he doesn't vote against the citizens interest. watch him excuse himself from every meeting, would be interesting.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

February 5th......

I met with Oak Harbor Chief of Police Ed Green this morning, at his invitation, about the upcoming Oak Harbor City Council Meeting. He was not aware of any plans to change the location, not that that means the location won't change.

This is the second face to face meeting I have had with Chief Green. Trust me, he is 100% on our side. Where ever the meeting is held, there will be uniformed officers there, and Chief Green will be in uniform. This is something that I am glad to see, because we can use this to our great advantage, especially those who choose to open carry. Chief Green and the officers will act 100% within the boundaries of state law. So, do not hesitate, and I highly encourage everyone carrying a firearm, and especially openly carrying a firearm to be friendly to the officers and tell them how much you appreciate them being there. This will absolutely send the anti's into fits.

I met with Oak Harbor Chief of Police Ed Green this morning, at his invitation, about the upcoming Oak Harbor City Council Meeting. He was not aware of any plans to change the location, not that that means the location won't change.

This is the second face to face meeting I have had with Chief Green. Trust me, he is 100% on our side. Where ever the meeting is held, there will be uniformed officers there, and Chief Green will be in uniform. This is something that I am glad to see, because we can use this to our great advantage, especially those who choose to open carry. Chief Green and the officers will act 100% within the boundaries of state law. So, do not hesitate, and I highly encourage everyone carrying a firearm, and especially openly carrying a firearm to be friendly to the officers and tell them how much you appreciate them being there. This will absolutely send the anti's into fits.
    Generally there is a minimum amount of time to notify the public of a venue change.
    Live Free or Die!

Cancled? Oh my, wonder if it was because he was not getting any backup from your CO????

Ah yes, the military...you got it right..CYA all the way..nothing a CO hates worse than to be blindsided. Been there, done that.

Because of all the problems you have been having in Oak Harbor, and becasue the City of Tonasket promised to change their unlawful laws, but I don't see it in the code (yet) Wife and I were to the Tonasket City Council meeting (even though we do not live in town, but 20 miles away).

It was a very interesting meeting...Mayor said...It's in the works, I promise. Your letter has caused us to review the WHOLE code, not just the 3 laws you pointed out. He also said, yep, it has gone past legal council and you are 100% correct. (so back to watching their meeting minutes, sorry, no video)

Anyway, thumbs up to the Tonasket CoP and PD. On another subject (ATV's on city streets) one of the council members was (nanny) concerned and the CoP said, not a problem...council memeber says, how do you know? CoP answers, I've been CoP 18 years, never been a problem before, why should it now all of a sudden be a problem. (there is discussion on completely opening up Tonasket to ATVs like Conconully, Loomis, and Okanogan are. County is going to open another 69 miles of road to ATVs if Tonasket plays ball as I understand it.

I hope this works. Here are some talking points we might plan on discussing, as a suggestion and place to start:

http://sdrv.ms/W1iWh2

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw7 View Post
    , if you can please attend.

I so would if OH wasn't such a drive.
    If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege.
    --- Arkansas Supreme Court, Wilson v. State (1878)

Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    It's not that far from Whatcom Co. When Sperry still was Sperry, and I was a field engineer for them, my territory included both. Easy drive.
    Last edited by hermannr; 01-23-2013 at 07:29 PM.

deleted because it was in the totally wrong thread.
    Last edited by Grim_Night; 01-25-2013 at 12:43 AM.
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

Change of location for February 5th City Council meeting!

The gun grabbers wanted to move the meeting to a school. They did not get their way!

Councilmembers:

In anticipation of larger crowd than usual, the February 5th Council Meeting will be held in the vehicle bay of the Oak Harbor Fire Department, 855 East Whidbey Avenue. (We tried the Elks Club but it is not available on the 5th.)

We will start to advertise this change via Channel 10 and our website today. It will also be announced via the Agenda Summary sent to Whidbey News Times.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Re: Is Oak Harbor going to follow Seattle into lawsuit club?

Hahaha!

Sent by Droid

I called up and spoke with Mayor Dudley on Sunday. He is a very nice guy and was open to chatting on his weekend hours.

We talked about the legal issues and liability for the city, and I told him I supported him 100%.

I've got family up in OH who will try and be there, work permitting, I won't be able to as it's too far a drive and I can't get the time off from work.

He told me that the attempt to move it to the school was thwarted and we talked about having the city attorney give some stark legal lessons to the intransigent council members.

Stand-up guy, wish he was my mayor.

Bellingham, Wa. city of Subdued Excitement
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    No worries mate, SVG and I are going up to participate in this opportunity to be Citizens. Give me a message and you can travel with us.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Washi...66874943419858

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Oak Harbor city council PRE-MEETING

If anyone is planning on attending this meeting we are having an pre-meeting gathering at the Flyers restaurant and pub Saturday 2-2 12pm-3pm . We will be in there banquet room so carrying will be ok. If you wish to attend please get in touch with Lucas Yonkman through facebook and get added to out private group 2nd Amendment Supporters of the NW and join the event so I can get a good number on those wishing to attend by Wednesday. Thanks for all your support!

MSG, please thank the mayor for standing up to the the bullying (yeah I'm using their language) that Councilman Almberg attempted at the last council meeting. Thank him for standing for our constitutional rights as law abiding citizens.

Stretch

The gun grabbers wanted to move the meeting to a school. They did not get their way!
    Had a very nice interview with the lady involved:

Oak Harbor antis fail to exclude gun activists from debate

A Democrat precinct volunteer in Oak Harbor has confirmed to Examiner that opponents of guns in city parks are trying to pack the city council meeting next Tuesday specifically to keep gun rights activists out.

http://www.examiner.com/article/oak-...id=db_articles
    Last edited by Dave Workman; 01-29-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Had a very nice interview with the lady involved:

Oak Harbor antis fail to exclude gun activists from debate

A Democrat precinct volunteer in Oak Harbor has confirmed to Examiner that opponents of guns in city parks are trying to pack the city council meeting next Tuesday specifically to keep gun rights activists out.

http://www.examiner.com/article/oak-...id=db_articles
    "Community activist" Shane Hoffmire also sent a letter to the city council asking for the move to a school. In addition Hoffmire submitted a FOIA request to Oak Harbor requesting all correspondence relating to guns in any form from any council member and the Mayor, including emails. I wonder if he is getting the 1,000 responses the Mayor has received from all over the US (and some from out of the US, is my understanding). Hoffmire was the one who was so afraid for his life in the January 2nd city council meeting due to the presence of openly carried firearms that he forgot what he was going to say - but not so afraid to stick around for about 1 hour to have the opportunity to tell everyone how afraid he was. I'll bet he doesn't forget what he wants to say February 5th.

Here it is, as posted on islandpolitics.org:

"Dear Council Members,
    I write this letter with great concern and sincerity. It has recently been brought to my attention that there is a great possibility of factions within our city government recruiting individuals to attend upcoming council meetings armed to the hilt with firearms. I can’t confirm these reports but they come from no less than a half dozen sources, I have even seen where via a third party this reported recruitment process has been posted on a national website.
    It is crystal clear that given the current state of volatility, attending the February fifth city council meeting in particular would be a threat to the safety of all in attendance.
    I ask that you please accept this as my formal petition of the Oak Harbor City Council to have a change in venue for upcoming council meetings. It is my wish that until this current situation is figured out that the city council meetings be held in a location such as the local court or a local school where guns aren’t allowed. It is my belief that through this process, creating a gun free meeting is the only way for every citizen of Oak Harbor to feel comfortable participating in the democratic process. This is truly the only way that all citizens will have the opportunity to participate and certainly the only way for council to conduct business without being threatened and intimidated.
    I ask that you accept this petition so that I can participate in our local government which is my constitutional right and I feel it unnecessary to risk my life simply exercising that right.
    Respectfully,
    Shane Hoffmire"
    Last edited by NavyLCDR; 01-29-2013 at 04:22 PM.

I love it.... In effect. please circumvent those mean unstable gun people's constitutional right, so I can feel better attending something I am able to attend... I just don't want to risk my life, exercising my constituional right. You can't use one part of the constitution to remove another part. they uphold and go together.

News to you lady.. who's to say some wacko doesn't shoot one of us after attending said meeting without a gun and voicing our opinion. Then we in effect couldn't protect ourselfs because they circumvented our 2nd amendment rights so you would feel safer... and all we wanted to do was actually stand up for the constitutional rights you speak of.

Besides you risk your life in someway everytime you get out of bed. stepping in the shower, getting in your car... both of which are more likely than getting shot at a cousel meeting.
    Small Business Owner---> Forward Motion Performance. Auto Services, 2A supporter, your gun is welcome and gets you a discount!
    Gun Rights Advocate---> I'll stand up for your rights, even if you don't think it's important.

I tried to sum up the legal issues with these illegal ordinances. Feel free to use any of this during comments at the city council meeting:
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=E5C9D955D5E2FEFD!208&authkey=!AHjvW7T9 sHygkGA

Back to City Hall on February 5th....

I just got a call from Council Member Jim Campbell. He said the February 5th City Council Meeting is back to City Hall at 6:00pm. Need to get there early!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast