• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is Oak Harbor going to follow Seattle into lawsuit club?

Metalhead47

Lucas just passed this on:
CALLING ALL FRIENDS AND SUPPORTERS OF THE 2ND AMENDMENT!!! A reliable source has informed me that there is a group planning to flood city hall before the meeting on the 5th that concerns the 2nd amendment. Their goal is to prevent 2nd amendment supporters from accessing the building and speaking for their rights. They want to force their gun regulation agenda on the council and the city of Oak Harbor. If you would like to join me in making a difference and take a stand for our rights please PM me and let me know. We must not allow this to happen. We must be heard. Please share this information with all of your friends. Carry on Brothers!

?? Any rEal info on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outlaw7

?? Any rEal info on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, only this. He has started a group on facebook to help all people interested in attending to communicate.look him up lucas yonkman and tell him you want to be added. Even if you can't make it any input you could leave for others to see would be appreciated.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Show up CC and then change to OC in the bathroom, they would never know who is and is not carrying... Just a thought.

outlaw7

This is what the citizens against firearm owners want to achieve. Fire code only allows so many occupants in a building. If you fill that occupancy then they cannot allow anybody else in. They are planning on filling the room before anyone else.

Metalhead47

This is what the citizens against firearm owners want to achieve. Fire code only allows so many occupants in a building. If you fill that occupancy then they cannot allow anybody else in. They are planning on filling the room before anyone else.

And ignore the larger mass outside? Especially if, say, the news shows up? Could backfire on them...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

outlaw7

And ignore the larger mass outside? Especially if, say, the news shows up? Could backfire on them...

I could only hope. We as a whole will be meeting (at least those who can attend ) to make sure we are all on the same page. We all need to conduct ourselves in a polite, professional manner and can not give them one negative thing to say about us. At least nothing more than the usual how evil we are. We will need all the help we can get from the OC community, if you can please attend.

Metalhead47

I could only hope. We as a whole will be meeting (at least those who can attend ) to make sure we are all on the same page. We all need to conduct ourselves in a polite, professional manner and can not give them one negative thing to say about us. At least nothing more than the usual how evil we are. We will need all the help we can get from the OC community, if you can please attend.

So ARs with c-mags are discouraged then?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I was informed by my Commanding Officer on Friday that someone, and I am not sure who but suspect a city council member, called the Commanding Officer of Naval Air Station, Whidbey Island and complained about my activities. My CO was fully prepared to answer him because the day that the first newspaper article came out I sent it to him and links to the video. So...it was a dead issue with my chain of command; and, in fact, since my CO was previously briefed, I think it looked pretty good that he already had all the answers he needed :). We have got to watch our backs and be prepared for the gun grabbers to do anything they can to keep us quiet.

I was supposed to meet with Joel Servatius this morning. He's one of the very anti-gun members of the council. He cancelled using the excuse "some other meeting came up". I replied to his email, "what day/time works to reschedule?" He hasn't answered, I don't think he will.

I plan on attending an upcoming council meeting. I encourage others to do the same. Multiple and different faces at different council meetings. Sometimes speaking, sometimes not. No rhyme or reason, just a continued citizen watch on the activities of government. Until they realize we are serious about their actions as council members and serious about their oath.

Baked on Grease

Apparently this situation is on the verge of going viral. One of my wife's friends from back in NY had actually heard about it thru shtfgear.com and was asking her about it.

it has gone viral, I saw it on reddit.com yesterday myself. I read through half this thread before I realized it was the same incident as the video.

I wholeheartedly agree with carrying to any meeting in which this guy attends so he doesn't vote against the citizens interest. watch him excuse himself from every meeting, would be interesting.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I met with Oak Harbor Chief of Police Ed Green this morning, at his invitation, about the upcoming Oak Harbor City Council Meeting. He was not aware of any plans to change the location, not that that means the location won't change.

This is the second face to face meeting I have had with Chief Green. Trust me, he is 100% on our side. Where ever the meeting is held, there will be uniformed officers there, and Chief Green will be in uniform. This is something that I am glad to see, because we can use this to our great advantage, especially those who choose to open carry. Chief Green and the officers will act 100% within the boundaries of state law. So, do not hesitate, and I highly encourage everyone carrying a firearm, and especially openly carrying a firearm to be friendly to the officers and tell them how much you appreciate them being there. This will absolutely send the anti's into fits.

Generally there is a minimum amount of time to notify the public of a venue change.

hermannr

I was informed by my Commanding Officer on Friday that someone, and I am not sure who but suspect a city council member, called the Commanding Officer of Naval Air Station, Whidbey Island and complained about my activities. My CO was fully prepared to answer him because the day that the first newspaper article came out I sent it to him and links to the video. So...it was a dead issue with my chain of command; and, in fact, since my CO was previously briefed, I think it looked pretty good that he already had all the answers he needed :). We have got to watch our backs and be prepared for the gun grabbers to do anything they can to keep us quiet.

I was supposed to meet with Joel Servatius this morning. He's one of the very anti-gun members of the council. He cancelled using the excuse "some other meeting came up". I replied to his email, "what day/time works to reschedule?" He hasn't answered, I don't think he will.

Cancled? Oh my, wonder if it was because he was not getting any backup from your CO???? :)

Ah yes, the military...you got it right..CYA all the way..nothing a CO hates worse than to be blindsided. Been there, done that.

hermannr

I met with Oak Harbor Chief of Police Ed Green this morning, at his invitation, about the upcoming Oak Harbor City Council Meeting. He was not aware of any plans to change the location, not that that means the location won't change.

This is the second face to face meeting I have had with Chief Green. Trust me, he is 100% on our side. Where ever the meeting is held, there will be uniformed officers there, and Chief Green will be in uniform. This is something that I am glad to see, because we can use this to our great advantage, especially those who choose to open carry. Chief Green and the officers will act 100% within the boundaries of state law. So, do not hesitate, and I highly encourage everyone carrying a firearm, and especially openly carrying a firearm to be friendly to the officers and tell them how much you appreciate them being there. This will absolutely send the anti's into fits.

Because of all the problems you have been having in Oak Harbor, and becasue the City of Tonasket promised to change their unlawful laws, but I don't see it in the code (yet) Wife and I were to the Tonasket City Council meeting (even though we do not live in town, but 20 miles away).

It was a very interesting meeting...Mayor said...It's in the works, I promise. Your letter has caused us to review the WHOLE code, not just the 3 laws you pointed out. He also said, yep, it has gone past legal council and you are 100% correct. (so back to watching their meeting minutes, sorry, no video)

Anyway, thumbs up to the Tonasket CoP and PD. On another subject (ATV's on city streets) one of the council members was (nanny) concerned and the CoP said, not a problem...council memeber says, how do you know? CoP answers, I've been CoP 18 years, never been a problem before, why should it now all of a sudden be a problem. (there is discussion on completely opening up Tonasket to ATVs like Conconully, Loomis, and Okanogan are. County is going to open another 69 miles of road to ATVs if Tonasket plays ball as I understand it.

Alpine

I called up and spoke with Mayor Dudley on Sunday. He is a very nice guy and was open to chatting on his weekend hours.

We talked about the legal issues and liability for the city, and I told him I supported him 100%.

I've got family up in OH who will try and be there, work permitting, I won't be able to as it's too far a drive and I can't get the time off from work.

He told me that the attempt to move it to the school was thwarted and we talked about having the city attorney give some stark legal lessons to the intransigent council members.

Stand-up guy, wish he was my mayor.

outlaw7

Oak Harbor city council PRE-MEETING

If anyone is planning on attending this meeting we are having an pre-meeting gathering at the Flyers restaurant and pub Saturday 2-2 12pm-3pm . We will be in there banquet room so carrying will be ok. If you wish to attend please get in touch with Lucas Yonkman through facebook and get added to out private group 2nd Amendment Supporters of the NW and join the event so I can get a good number on those wishing to attend by Wednesday. Thanks for all your support!