• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IL Lawmaker to introduce near gun ban on 1-2-13

anmut

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...7a6eYvSGKc-BKRKnsHnWEhrhlFDsyjilnor_xjbo5ll_9

WOW.

CULLERTON TO INTRODUCE NEAR TOTAL GUN BAN ON JANUARY 2ND

The ISRA has learned from a credible source that Illinois Senate President John Cullerton will introduce a so called “assault weapons” ban on Wednesday when the legislature returns for its “lame duck” session. Cullerton hopes to ramrod the bill through and get it to Governor Quinn for signature by Friday. If he is successful at doing so, nearly every gun you currently own will be banned and will be subject to confiscation by the Illinois State Police.

Based on what we know about Cullerton’s bill, firearms that would be banned include all semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Pump action shotguns would be banned as well. This would be a very comprehensive ban that would include not only so-called “assault weapons” but also such classics as M1 Garands and 1911-based pistols. There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering. You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the State Police to avoid prosecution.

lockman

State Researcher
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...7a6eYvSGKc-BKRKnsHnWEhrhlFDsyjilnor_xjbo5ll_9

WOW.

CULLERTON TO INTRODUCE NEAR TOTAL GUN BAN ON JANUARY 2ND

The ISRA has learned from a credible source that Illinois Senate President John Cullerton will introduce a so called “assault weapons” ban on Wednesday when the legislature returns for its “lame duck” session. Cullerton hopes to ramrod the bill through and get it to Governor Quinn for signature by Friday. If he is successful at doing so, nearly every gun you currently own will be banned and will be subject to confiscation by the Illinois State Police.

Based on what we know about Cullerton’s bill, firearms that would be banned include all semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Pump action shotguns would be banned as well. This would be a very comprehensive ban that would include not only so-called “assault weapons” but also such classics as M1 Garands and 1911-based pistols. There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering. You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the State Police to avoid prosecution.

Did you expect anything different? After you get slapped down by the courts, it is SOP for Illinois legislators to "thumb there noses" at the courts. This is just another example.

anmut

Did you expect anything different? After you get slapped down by the courts, it is SOP for Illinois legislators to "thumb there noses" at the courts. This is just another example.

We may differ on football but your northern brothers are with you - let us know what we can do to help.

anmut

Here is the phone number for the a55clown that is attempting this ban: 773-883-0770

I don't live there but I did call and said that being from WI, if any attempt is made to vote on his ban is made I will not be spending any more money in IL. I'm sure he's going to be hitting the big old delete button on that one - but it can't hurt.

lockman

State Researcher
We may differ on football but your northern brothers are with you - let us know what we can do to help.

Phone calls would be appreciated. Light up the GA switchboard. Senate president Cullerton is at the head of this effort. Just google Illinois general assembly and use the senate link to get phone numbers and email.

In an update reliable sources have stated that included are range restrictions that limit use to members unless the range is run by an FFL. New state regs on FFL's.

I think they are throwing everything at us hoping most of it will stick post - CT shooting. They are counting on the new veto proof majority of dems and the lame duck session to get it done. We are hoping we keep enough downstate dems to hold the line.

We must keep them from twisting our recent victories into an illusionary right.

acmariner99

So much for getting concealed carry passed this year in Illinois. I'm on the other side of the country. I wish I could help. Why did my employer move to Chicago again?

tomm1963

The arms manufactures in IL have stated if this bill passes they are out. They already have their eyes on another state...Welcome to Wisconsin fellas, nice to have ya.

range rat

Here is the phone number for the a55clown that is attempting this ban: 773-883-0770

I don't live there but I did call and said that being from WI, if any attempt is made to vote on his ban is made I will not be spending any more money in IL. I'm sure he's going to be hitting the big old delete button on that one - but it can't hurt.

I just tryed calling the Phone Number, but for some found reason his phone box is Full !! Geeee i wonder why ? I Guess I'll try his Face Book...
Many a few tips on how to play Nice..

range rat

the phone back is full..try this on for size..

http://www.facebook.com/IllinoisSenateDemocraticCaucus

anmut

The info and phone number was posted on thetruthaboutguns.com and according to the comments on that article the line has been busy and mailbox full since this morning.

anmut

It really is unbelievable the depths at which liberal gun grabbers will go. First, make a horrible tragedy your political talking point. Next, ignore the constitution and SCOTUS. Finally, find a loophole in your congressional session in which, even if you have been voted out of office by your constituents, you can still vote and pass laws.

Disgusting. Personally I don't need anymore reason to try these people for treason and, upon a guilty conviction, build some gallows right down on The Pier to string them up at.

TyGuy

I, and other flatlanders, helped with CCW up in Wisconsin, please take a moment to call/write the reps down here to help us out.

lockman

State Researcher

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/loca...cle_f7d63ade-55de-11e2-b0f0-0019bb2963f4.html

For the lame duck session anyway. They pickup again mid month for the next session. The picked up a couple more Chicago style Dems in the election so they may try again. They may gain a couple dems but the won't have the lame duck turncoats either so maybe it will wash out. We will see.

anmut

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/loca...cle_f7d63ade-55de-11e2-b0f0-0019bb2963f4.html

For the lame duck session anyway. They pickup again mid month for the next session. The picked up a couple more Chicago style Dems in the election so they may try again. They may gain a couple dems but the won't have the lame duck turncoats either so maybe it will wash out. We will see.

We'll be right there with you. I wrote six letters to different gun manufactures last night and send a letter and copy to Governor Walker. I believe a little publicity on how any further restrictions on firearms will lead to a loss of jobs in IL could be a way to kill it for good and get back on track with CC for you guys.

Keep us in the loop brother!

lockman

State Researcher
Thanks

Thank-you to all that gave the State Senators a piece of their minds. We jammed the phones and message system!

Cordially,
Vince