• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Peaceful 2nd Amendment Rights Demonstration!!! JOIN THE FIGHT!

mem1977

Peaceful demonstration at every state capital for our 2nd amendment rights. :banana: :monkey

Friday, February 8, 2013, Time: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

Place: State Capitol Building

Nationwide 2nd amendment peaceful demonstration... The goal is 1 million people across all 50 states.

Here is the link on Facebook... http://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872/

All we need is someone to take point to be in charge. To find out if permits are needed and to get the permits if they are needed.

I would love to be there. My only problem is I don't have a drivers license. :cry:

Sundiver

Peaceful demonstration at every state capital for our 2nd amendment rights. :banana: :monkey

Friday, February 8, 2013, Time: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

Place: State Capitol Building

Nationwide 2nd amendment peaceful demonstration... The goal is 1 million people across all 50 states.

Here is the link on Facebook... http://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872/

All we need is someone to take point to be in charge. To find out if permits are needed and to get the permits if they are needed.

I would love to be there. My only problem is I don't have a drivers license. :cry:

Well, that FB page is a mess but, I plan on being there.

DrakeZ07

Messy Facebook group. This will lead to poor planning and confused activists.

I'll go... but only if I can wear pink camo! Lets ALL wear pink camo to it! LEO's won't see us as a threat if they perceive everyone in attendance as being gay, besides, everyone knows gay people can't shoot straight [ba-dum-tsh]. Oh wait, they might be like Chicago PD and beat the crap out of us. Never mind! Seriously though, if we have any Veterans of the Armed Forces who would attend in support of it, it might come across and help our stance, if they wore their service-era Class A's/BDU's. Current FF/EMT's wear your station uniforms, anyone with other important civil attire easily recognizable should wear their outfits as well, to show that we're not just Kentuckians, We're not just citizens, we;re a group of people, some with civil service, community related jobs of import, and veterans!

Last edited:

mem1977

If this is planned for a Friday at 10 am about 10 people will show up and you will make gun owners look impotent and foolish. Don't do it. If you can't stop it, don't go. Nobody else will.

Well gushot you aren't very patriotic... I just seen the post on Facebook. I didn't write it. I only re-posted it here. And why not go? People that don't stand up for their rights make me want to puke. :cuss:

DrakeZ07

We only have to look it, not play it right? :p

Sure, if it makes ya feel better and more secure in your sexuality~ But hey, whats a lil friendly groping between fellow OC advocates? Just helps build stronger bonds! Look at the ancient Spartans, their military was strong and grab-arse was encouraged!

I'm going to go laugh myself to sleep now xD

jackjack

If this is planned for a Friday at 10 am about 10 people will show up and you will make gun owners look impotent and foolish. Don't do it. If you can't stop it, don't go. Nobody else will.

Gutshot has a point. Scheduling this at a time that most people will be working is shooting the march in the foot. Bud-dum-ting. Double pun intended.

I may be confused, but I've heard about many different days of when people were marching to the capitols. I have heard January 19th for some activists. I have also have heard of January 26th being the unofficial National Second Amendment Day. :confused:

flb_78

Well gushot you aren't very patriotic... I just seen the post on Facebook. I didn't write it. I only re-posted it here. And why not go? People that don't stand up for their rights make me want to puke. :cuss:

Gutshot's done more for gun rights in Kentucky than anything an unorganized "rally" can do.

I've been reading about this on ar15.com and no one knows who's in charge or what the agenda is.

I just read through the posts in the Kentucky section of that page and no one has mentioned if the proper permits have been obtained. No one has claimed to be in charge.

If it ends up being 20 or so people standing around a empty building staring at each other, it won't look good if there is any media there.

If there is no media there, no one will have known the "rally" even happened.

self preservation

Gutshot's done more for gun rights in Kentucky than anything an unorganized "rally" can do.

I've been reading about this on ar15.com and no one knows who's in charge or what the agenda is.

I just read through the posts in the Kentucky section of that page and no one has mentioned if the proper permits have been obtained. No one has claimed to be in charge.

If it ends up being 20 or so people standing around a empty building staring at each other, it won't look good if there is any media there.

If there is no media there, no one will have known the "rally" even happened.

A no crowd would be better than a small crowd for an event like this.

mem1977

This gentleman by the name of Charles Kincaid on facebook holds the permit for this 2nd Amendment event. So there is a permit for the event. Don't be afraid to show up. Spread the word my fellow peeps. From what I can gather there will be a lot of people showing up on this day. I am going to do my best to be there. I'm trying to find transportation. It seems people in my County of Floyd are cowardly. I can't find anyone willing to go in my area. :banghead:

Last edited:

ps1mhd

What about Guns Across America on the 19th?
We need to do something now not wait weeks.
I will be going anyone else?
Maybe those of us from here could do another get together for lunch?
Short notice but maybe invite one or more of our congressmen.

Mike

langzaiguy

Is there an official facebook page for this that we can share with others?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I noticed in the CLOSED THREAD that a poster posted some rules or helpful advice for the Second Amendment gathering at the KY Captiol, and something alarmed me.

It said to make sure you have the proper PERMIT if you are carrying a firearm. If people are openly carrying NO permit or license is needed, so I am curious why this was stated? Was it for another state?

If people are carrying concealed then I could understand, but then it went on to say that the police will be checking for permits. If carrying concealed they cannot check your permit unless they have RAS that you are carrying concealed. If carrying concealed they would never know, and therefore they have NO right to ask for a permit/license.

Whoever came up with the suggestions needs to study Kentucky's firearm laws and our constitutional right to bear arms.

callie

Just heard that we do not have a permit for Friday

I spoke to a friend just a few min. ago, and he said that a permit hasnt been issued for this event to go on in KY, and it is to late to repair this, thus no permit! This really sucks! I wish GRAA, and 2nd right would work together we all have the same purpose! My sorce was from derby city firearms.

mem1977

I spoke to a friend just a few min. ago, and he said that a permit hasnt been issued for this event to go on in KY, and it is to late to repair this, thus no permit! This really sucks! I wish GRAA, and 2nd right would work together we all have the same purpose! My sorce was from derby city firearms.

A man by the name of Charles Kincaid on Facebook posted for this event that.... and I quote "We have our permit. It is in my possession, it is safe and we are a go!!!"

Here is his Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/paczm12

Here is a photo attached showing he posted it on this event page....

permit for the 8th.jpg

neuroblades

Whomever was supposed to have been overseeing this Pro-2A rally and securing the needed permit should've either made it more clearly known that they couldn't handle to job and turned it over to someone that could've gotten the job done. This has now proven to be a complete and utter waste of everyone's time, efforts & planning.

After reading around the FB groups on this for Kentucky I learned that this "rally" has been moved to Lexington which is great for their new objective but doe absolutely NOTHING for the original and intented purpose that the actually rally was designed for.

This has been a truly massive disappointment to say the very least!