Thread: A very good read.

Okanogan Highland

A very good read.

Shows the difference between a collectivist and individulaist mindset.

Founder's Club Member
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Thought-provoking. I like it.

For a little more about preventive laws, look up prior restraint.

I recently came across a video where the interviewee briefly discussed individualism vs collectivism. Lemme see if I can find it.

Found it; the first couple segments: Edwin Griffin on government being a dangerous servant.
    Last edited by Citizen; 01-01-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Pierce County, Washington, USA
    A good article and really gets down to the brass tacks of what this whole thing is about. As we know, the issue isn't about guns, but about control....and collectivism, in a nutshell, is control of the people.

Middletown, CT
    a very good read indeed. this should be presented to all house members

Oakland ca

A very good read.

Very well written and concise. Food for thought. I'll share it.

Side note, if we replace the subject "guns" by "drugs" the article still makes sense.

I think drugs such as hallucinogenics that are used for spiritual quests and ceremonies shouldn't be banned either. But, they are illegal already so that's all. We can't have them. Ever.

Not trying to be polemical, just thought that was interesting... For some reason I find both topics very similar.
    Last edited by Pejerrey; 01-04-2013 at 12:41 AM.