• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Call your reps!

attrapereves

In order to prevent any further infringement on our 2A rights, give your senators and representatives a call.

It's as simple as "Hi, my name is .... and I just wanted to ask senator .... to vote against any bill that would infringe on our 2A rights." Most likely, an intern will answer the phone, listen to what you have to say, ask for your zip code, and then let you know that the message will be forwarded to to senator.

Missouri senator phone numbers are:
Blunt - 202.224-5721
McCaskill - 202.224.6154

HP995

Thanks for posting the numbers and instructions, that's very helpful.

Last month I was all fired up to do some calling and make some YouTube videos right after the SHTF and the gun control propaganda kicked in. I thought about talking points, even bought a couple of domain names, and then ... I came down with pneumonia, and lost my voice!

Murphy's law ... anyway I can't wait for it to come back so that I can lend my "voice" in this issue! :cuss:

I hope everyone realizes the time is now or never to be heard, not only politicians but the hearts and minds of fellow citizens and voters. By every means possible.

Doublebarr

In order to prevent any further infringement on our 2A rights, give your senators and representatives a call.

It's as simple as "Hi, my name is .... and I just wanted to ask senator .... to vote against any bill that would infringe on our 2A rights." Most likely, an intern will answer the phone, listen to what you have to say, ask for your zip code, and then let you know that the message will be forwarded to to senator.

Missouri senator phone numbers are:
Blunt - 202.224-5721
McCaskill - 202.224.6154

Also, go to this page and enter your zip code to get your House of Rep. member and call them too:

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

mechanicworkman

Dear Gerald,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the rights of gun owners.

As you may know, I am a strong defender of our Second Amendment rights. The right of law-abiding citizens to own firearms is an individual right guaranteed by the Second Amendment of the Constitution and broadly interpreted by the U.S. Supreme Court. Our Founders clearly understood that one of the most basic rights of Americans is the ability to defend themselves and their families.

In light of the terrible tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut, there have been calls for immediate action to address gun control. I do believe it is important that we have a serious national discussion about preventing these senseless acts of violence and protecting our children in their schools. Equally important, however, is an effort that more broadly addresses ways to spend federal dollars more wisely when it comes to treating and identifying those who are mentally ill as well as intervening before they tragically impact their own lives and the lives of others.

There are no easy answers here. I continue to believe that a weapons ban does not fix the issue. Whatever we do, it must be consistent with the Constitution.

I appreciate your thoughts and will continue to support legislation that safeguards our Second Amendment rights, encourages safe and responsible gun ownership, and keeps our homes and families safe.

Agai n, thank you for contacting me. I look forward to continuing our conversation on Facebook ( www.facebook.com/SenatorBlunt ) and Twitter ( www.twitter.com/RoyBlunt ) about the important issues f acing Missouri and the country. I also encourage you to visit my website ( blunt.senate.gov ) to learn more about where I stand on the issues and sign-up for my e -newsletter .

Sincere regards,

Roy Blunt
United States Senator

HP995

I emailed Blunt's office and mentioned that his form letter had been posted on forums, but I would like to see an even stronger, firmer response. (During normal times it might be OK but during these times I think it's not enough.) I also said I didn't see the issue on his web page.

And I received...the same form letter. Hope they are really reading the letters they get. When my voice recovers, I'll call in.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
And I received...the same form letter. Hope they are really reading the letters they get. When my voice recovers, I'll call in.

While I can appreciate you feeling this way, I would wager far more dollars that he not only has not read it, he probably has not even read the response that was sent to you and others.

Does not mean one should not try, it just means you have to remain in reality about such issues and not expect too much out of these jokers now days. The most important thing on their minds is getting elected, not doing what you want.

HP995

Yeah, but I thought the aids were supposed to read mail and report trends to the boss. (Not Blunt himself reading or not reading them all.) The timing of the response did not seem like a fully automated system, it came somewhat later, so I assumed that a human initiated it, but the content evidently never varies.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Yeah, but I thought the aids were supposed to read mail and report trends to the boss. (Not Blunt himself reading or not reading them all.) The timing of the response did not seem like a fully automated system, it came somewhat later, so I assumed that a human initiated it, but the content evidently never varies.

And rest assured there is a different version for pro-gun and anti-gun from all of the jokers.

HP995

And rest assured there is a different version for pro-gun and anti-gun from all of the jokers.

Put it to the test...please DON'T write an anti-gun message but how about something that seems clueless or neutral like "Our president is pushing for gun control; as a voter I would like to know where you stand?"

The posted message already has an attempt at some conciliatory language, which won't please gun haters but does not really apply to pro-gun at all, so I'm guessing the only way that makes sense is if that's his one and only message. If so, not bad; it was a bit wimpy from a pro-gun perspective during this all-out political battle, but it does say he'll stick up for the 2nd and I think his message would give an anti-gunner a hissy fit. :)

(I don't think Republican campaigns are as sophisticated as Democrats, crafting multiple messages for different types of people and all that.)

Morpheus97

McCaskill's form letter response claims that she supports 2A rights. Her letter also says she supports a ban on assault weapons and and high cap magazines. There's something in there for everyone ;)

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

mechanicworkman

Roy Blunt, ( I changed the names as I sent this to like 6 or 8 people in my state & local government)

If you vote for any bill that further restricts the already too restricted Right to Keep and Bear Arms, I am an ACTIVE VOTER & I will vote against you in 2014 & EVERY ELECTION THEREAFTER.

I have the same high expectations for my Senator, Congressmen, and Representatives and so forth to respect my Liberty here is the state of Missouri.

Our one-time Republic, now just a nation, has strayed from the Liberty-minded, bottom-up structure that the Founders Fathers and Framers sought. Instead, we now have a top-down, all-powerful federal government over which the average citizen feels he exerts no influence.

There are a lot more fixes that are necessary to restore the Republic to its proper balance, where the People and the States are sovereign over a federal government operating within its tiny constitutional box, having a tiny influence on our day-to-day lives, but the absolute WRONG step is to expand the federal government's reach and diminish personal Liberty!

I expect YOU not only to vote AGAINST Feinstein's bill, but to actively work against it and any other bills that will further restrict the ability of law-abiding citizens to Keep and Bear Arms.

This is a must even viewed solely from the standpoint of protecting Liberty. However, if you need a practical reason for dismantling most gun-control legislation, look at where the mass shootings almost always occur--gun-free zones! These shooters are looking for the defenseless. This last time, he found our most precious resources, our children, left totally defenseless.

Instead of further restricting the Right, we should be removing restrictions that don't make sense, like gun-free school zones. Regulating the carry within school buildings makes sense. We want staff members who carry to be well-trained and to be able to keep their firearm secure from little hands. Banning carry within the building does not make sense. And banning carry within 1000 feet is just moronic and oppressive.

Either way, where one is restricted from carry is NOT a federal issue. Let the States do what the Founders and Framers intended. Let them create a marketplace of governments (that will range from tyrannical to near-total Liberty) from which the People can choose. That is true Liberty: the ability to vote with one's feet.

Like I said, I expect you to actively advance the Right to Keep and Bear Arms--and Liberty in general. Anything less is unacceptable and will cause me to vote for anyone but you. This current effort to increase federal interference with the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a make-or-break issue.

Work hard on the correct side of it if your not with us your against us!

Best Regards,

WCEarp

Got my Senator Blunt letter!!!! I am not going to hold my breath for Senator McCaskill, since I am from the Kansas City side of the state.

Actually, Blunt's letter shows a little more thought and consideration than the other replies I have received. Governor Nixon's letter just states that the letter was received and is going to be reviewed by staff. My state rep's office said she is following the issue.

I really am not looking for any response in the form of a letter on this issue though. I would ask for no response, in an effort to save paper, but I know that usually doesn't stop premade responses.

mechanicworkman

I really am not looking for any response in the form of a letter on this issue though. I would ask for no response, in an effort to save paper, but I know that usually doesn't stop premade responses.

For all the waste and abuse that happens in our government the fact they would take the time to send back a letter in response would be about the least wasteful thing I have seen from our government in generations!